Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 46306 times)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #450 on: April 09, 2014, 02:10:42 pm »
+1
yea, whats sick, imo, is that there are a bunch of different ways each class can be a specific role, because of the ability to mix and match class abilities with weapon abilities, racials, guild perks, etc.  which means that the way you tank, heal, or deep is going to probably be relatively unique to your class.

and currently at 31 as a DK Tank, Ive speced into all three attributes relatively evenly, with health being my lowest.  I find that I prefer the utility this gives me at the cost to reaction time (reacting to a situation b4 I'm dead).
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #451 on: April 09, 2014, 03:41:53 pm »
+2
I'm waiting for a positive review & recommendation from Vibe, then I'm buying it.  :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52:57 pm »
+2
I don't think you'll get that Gnjus :D
I have my impressions from beta (I think they're pretty clear). But I think Voso said it right, it mixes up some of the good things from some MMORPGs, but if you're looking for something fresh or innovative, you're better off waiting :)

Offline AreTreble

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Aretes
« Reply #453 on: April 09, 2014, 10:36:22 pm »
+1
Well i have a class and build which can pull them off walls with chains, so thats fun. When the siege starts its a spam of siege weapons and chaos, I usualy go to the back of the fort to pick off their reinforcements. You can always find more managable pvp if you just work to cut off their supply lines. Once the siege weapon/oil/ram chaos is over its time to storm the fort. Pretty epic but zergy at the beginning, if you manage to smash trough tho then you will have to clear the multitude of towers/walls and it becomes more organized again.

So i would say its a mixture of zerging and more organized fighting, depending on what role/stage of the siege to you want to participate in. As for focusing, there is a roll mechanic that you can use a few times before you use up the stamina. You have to react very quickly after you are pulled or cut off, so there is a chance you survive the focus

I like this description of PvP. Sounds like you can choose to zerg rush or you can play on your own but still contribute by picking off their reinforcements as they trickle in.

How is the 1v1 combat? One of the best things about cRpg/M&B (which no game has equaled in combat) is that it is heavily based on player skill.
Of course an MMO is more reliant on level and gear, but to what extent does player skill factor in (e.g reaction time, strategy, battlefield awareness, etc.)?
And how does the combat feel overall in terms of smoothness (e.g. input delay, animations, hit registry, etc.)

Thanks  :P

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 10, 2014, 12:50:07 am »
+1
I don't think you'll get that Gnjus :D
I have my impressions from beta (I think they're pretty clear). But I think Voso said it right, it mixes up some of the good things from some MMORPGs, but if you're looking for something fresh or innovative, you're better off waiting :)

Beta was terrible!  There have been many changes since that have made this game exceptional, and many more since launch. With the first patch due out at the end of the month things are looking really exciting. 

@Vibe, waiting for what?
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #455 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:29 am »
+3
@Vibe, waiting for what?

For the MMORPG that will finally innovate the genre (codenamed Godot).

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 10, 2014, 01:19:54 am »
+2
For the MMORPG that will finally innovate the genre (codenamed Godot).

OMG! CMP QUOTED ME!!!

I'M FAMOUS!!!   :shock:

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »
+1
i grinded 18 levels in beta. did all dungeons and quests.

now my main is lvl 27 and tank alt 12.

release is NOT AT ALL like beta.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2014, 08:00:28 pm »
+2
i grinded 18 levels in beta. did all dungeons and quests.

now my main is lvl 27 and tank alt 12.

release is NOT AT ALL like beta.

you're talking as if they completely changed the game from beta to release, and we both know they didn't, it's the same game, same features, same combat

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #459 on: April 10, 2014, 08:12:43 pm »
+1
you're talking as if they completely changed the game from beta to release, and we both know they didn't, it's the same game, same features, same combat

Yet it still feels different. For all the beta testers who didn't buy the game, the beta lvls (1-15) are the slowest part of the game. After that the quests get better, the zones free up a bit, and you can do PvP. They are adding something called adventure zones eventually so we will see what that's all about.
Pock gobblers

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #460 on: April 10, 2014, 08:20:07 pm »
+1
Slow start is a slow start. The start should be where they did their best, instead of restricting it for the later levels, no wonder the beta got so many bad "reviews".

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #461 on: April 10, 2014, 09:18:59 pm »
+2
Slow start is a slow start. The start should be where they did their best, instead of restricting it for the later levels, no wonder the beta got so many bad "reviews".

Yeah I know that's what's strange about it. Most MMOs are developed from the end game down but this one seems the exact opposite. I guess they did that because of the prestige ranks, or because of how early they started beta.

I think I like it better that way though. Having a good endgame is a lot better than having a good start.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:44:51 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 10, 2014, 10:19:06 pm »
+2

how much have you played release?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #463 on: April 10, 2014, 10:28:29 pm »
+2
Okay I agree the game is better than beta because I didn't like beta either.

But Vibe definitely has a point. It is still the same game, same features, same combat. Just kinda improved I can't even pick out anything that I noticed was different, but something is. Maybe my expectations were just too high in beta. Maybe I just know more about the game now than I did in beta.

Who knows.

But its not like they scrapped the whole game we played in beta and started from scratch.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #464 on: April 10, 2014, 10:33:14 pm »
+3
Okay I agree the game is better than beta because I didn't like beta either.

But Vibe definitely has a point. It is still the same game, same features, same combat. Just kinda improved I can't even pick out anything that I noticed was different, but something is. Maybe my expectations were just too high in beta. Maybe I just know more about the game now than I did in beta.

Who knows.

But its not like they scrapped the whole game we played in beta and started from scratch.

Underneath its flesh & fat its still a same old pile of bones.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.