Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 51252 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #405 on: April 03, 2014, 02:12:32 pm »
the official version of the game has been up for 4 or 5 days now, the launch is 4.4. but if you pre-ordered you could get in 5 days before launch with the big package and 3 days before launch for the small package. i bought the small package, 270DKR (cheap!)

level 9 so far. getting more and more hooked. i think its really good MMORPG. i like to have one of each game in my arsenal, RTS, FPS, MMORPG, platform/arcade and with ESO my arsenal is complete :)

yes its "just" a MMORPG like WoW. but no, it is not a WoW clone. WoW didnt invent the term MMORPG. MMORPG goes back to well i think ultima online or at least everquest. for a game to be a MMORPG it has to have MMORPG elements like WoW, everquest and all the other MMORPGs. because ESO also is a MMORPG doesnt make it a WoW rip-off. i think ESO is a really good MMORPG.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:20:08 pm by Sniger »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 03, 2014, 02:51:49 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
And how!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #407 on: April 03, 2014, 05:25:33 pm »
+3
the official version of the game has been up for 4 or 5 days now, the launch is 4.4. but if you pre-ordered you could get in 5 days before launch with the big package and 3 days before launch for the small package. i bought the small package, 270DKR (cheap!)

Yes I know. I just wondered by yourcomment.

Here, my physical edition came today.^^
(click to show/hide)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #408 on: April 04, 2014, 01:12:33 am »
+2
We hate because they give us reasons to hate.

You say that if it remains special it will be very big, but in the same sentence you say that this being an Elder Scrolls MMO makes this special. Well no fucking shit? If I make a hyenas raping antilope corpses MMO it's going to be special as well, but will it be good? Probably fucking not.

So what makes this game good? I'm honestly interested in your biased opinion on this.

My opinion is not biased (not taking bribes from neither blizzard or zenimax -tough would consider-) also 14/14 on my priest heals in WoW.

NO... you hate cuz small penis  :lol:

and if you are too broke to buy the game but want to know more... youtube... but also consider getting a job or 2 or 3 if you're that poor...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the rest of yahs

Yea, shits up now.

And they fixed all the bugged quests.

@thefreetoplaycomment, Fuck free to play, I end up spending more on free to play anywayz,  rather my gear and percs be earned then bought cuz that actually means something besides the fact that I gots that moneyz.  Also the devs will need to continue to produce content worth the subscription and if they can it will surely make an even better game.

Only grief at this point is that I would like a better way to do trading then guild stores (not that i have really explored this option to much), and would like dungeon crawling to be a more viable way of leveling up, although this does force me to explore the world and lore (via quests) something I never really never did in WoW, and so far I am very impressed, surprised at how often I become lost in this game.

last point, combat puts wow to shame. (IMO)
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #409 on: April 04, 2014, 01:19:12 am »
+1
Dungeons are more for the sI love youhards. There is almost always a sI love youhard.

And you can be in up to 5 guilds at a time so there are giant "trading" guilds which are always recruiting that are great for guild stores.

To everyone who doesn't play ESO, there is no auction house. The only auction house is within guilds.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 04, 2014, 08:09:04 am »
+1
and if you are too broke to buy the game but want to know more... youtube... but also consider getting a job or 2 or 3 if you're that poor...

I know everything I need to know about the game (enough to warrant not wasting money on it). I was interested in what you think makes it good but reading is hard ye?

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 04, 2014, 09:52:58 am »
+5
We hate because they give us reasons to hate.

You say that if it remains special it will be very big, but in the same sentence you say that this being an Elder Scrolls MMO makes this special. Well no fucking shit? If I make a hyenas raping antilope corpses MMO it's going to be special as well, but will it be good? Probably fucking not.

So what makes this game good? I'm honestly interested in your biased opinion on this.
What makes this game good? you not playing it.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #412 on: April 04, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »
+1
Ultima online was great! Shadowbane was better than all of them. I remember when wow came out. It was amazing.  Its dated now but all these new mmo never get it right. The combat in elder scrolls is lame and it doesn't look right. Anygame that throws you in a piece of shit quest in beginning sucks. Another red flag is the armors for the classes look awful and too similar . The lack of weapons is strange too

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #413 on: April 04, 2014, 11:15:31 pm »
Ultima online was great! Shadowbane was better than all of them. I remember when wow came out. It was amazing.  Its dated now but all these new mmo never get it right. The combat in elder scrolls is lame and it doesn't look right. Anygame that throws you in a piece of shit quest in beginning sucks. Another red flag is the armors for the classes look awful and too similar . The lack of weapons is strange too

Yeah, they release the game with little content so they can sell the rest in 'expansions', bet they've already got an expansion/dlc lined up. ESO typical cash cow if I've ever seen one, just cashing in on the Elder Scrolls fame ( Skyrim really got a lot of console only players into Elder Scrolls ).

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:34 pm »
+3
been playing aaaaall day and tomorrow i will play aaaaaall day because i think its fucking awesome :)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2014, 05:18:19 pm »
+3
Holy shit i slept only 4 hours. They really optimized it well since beta, i can play on my laptop with good graphics. Really digging it so far.

And i took the name Saint Jiub! I even made my char to look like him  :mrgreen:

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #416 on: April 05, 2014, 06:13:08 pm »
+2
My first mmo where I actually want to explore the entire map.  It does a better job of involving the player in the world than most MMOs as well. Though I don't see me playing this for more than 2 months. MMOs just seem kinda dead to me. Star citizen will be the last mmo I play most likely.
Pock gobblers

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:49 pm »
+1
@springby

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #418 on: April 05, 2014, 11:09:14 pm »
+3
damnit u guys are making me wanna buy it but i have no monee$$$$$

You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2014, 12:40:21 pm »
frankly i thought it would be more, surprised i could get it this cheap