Author Topic: Spawn Tents in NA Siege  (Read 3718 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: Spawn Tents in NA Siege
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 12:58:22 am »
+2
Exactly, I want them to be working functional things in siege. The problem was that they were broken.
If they just released a patch disabling them, well, problem solved, thread should be closed.
I loved the idea of all these things working and being strategic options in siege, but coding needs to be done for that (and I'm not a coder)

Maybe after this round of bullshit we can have ladders back on siege

Unless the concept of "hold the same choke points over and over" again really sounds like fun to them. Ladders were fine on siege, they added an element of surprise and tactics because you could siege the castle almost any way. Its not like it is hard for the defenders to notice the swarm of attackers going a certain way, the only reason they would lose is not paying attention to the attackers. I however 100% fully understand why there are no ladders on battle, but fuck give us something for siege.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 12:59:36 am »
Yeah its pretty disappointing for me. It's the only "class" I had left that was still fun and useful.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 01:03:07 am »
Hopefully they be able to fix it so it works more properly to stay in line with somehow resetting after rounds... then we can have them back.

That was never my argument, and I'm not sure many other people were arguing that way either. No one wants to see things removed, but only if they work properly. Obviously, the spawn tents in siege aren't working 100% as intended so it's better to avoid the potential headaches and have them disabled/disallowed till they no longer do that.

If anyone thinks the argument was simply about removing spawn tents from siege, then they missed the greater picture I think. I, for one, would just like them fixed if they are going to be allowed, and until then have them disallowed. I don't want to potentially lose modifiers because of a spawn tent creating scenarios that shouldn't be happening in the first place.

As for the weapon rack issues... well, that wasn't even an issue in my OP, but they're obviously showing the same symptoms the spawn tents are of what the admins don't want happening... i.e. not going away at the end of a round.

That was other peoples argument. Really though this stuff needs to actually have time to settle in. Playing for a week in a sea of nubs is no test. We only just started getting the clans back into the server and its all been pulled.

Also I don't see how removing all of it from every game mode is a "fix" why not just disable the forward spawn from appearing, why disable the weapons rack so you can't use anything at all?????
Fammi un pompino!

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 01:05:51 am »
That was other peoples argument. Really though this stuff needs to actually have time to settle in. Playing for a week in a sea of nubs is no test. We only just started getting the clans back into the server and its all been pulled.

Also I don't see how removing all of it from every game mode is a "fix" why not just disable the forward spawn from appearing, why disable the weapons rack so you can't use anything at all?????

could u imagine if instead of removing polestun they removed polearms instead

that would be great

Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 01:08:33 am »
Give the devs some time to code a fix for the issue, and you'll have them back and working as intended.
The best thing you guys can do is present some good concise arguments and convince them to follow through.
Not like I won't try.
I really want these things in the game working properly. Something as simple as destroyed at end of round.

could u imagine if instead of removing polestagger they removed polearms instead

that would be great
Lol, didn't they actually remove polestagger for a day or so, before putting it back or something? I kind of remember something like that happening and a huge thread of anger about polestagger in the game balance threads...
huh, probably my imagination.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:11:09 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 01:11:48 am »
+2
Enjoy le lols

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fammi un pompino!

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 01:13:30 am »
+3
Siege sucked once they removed ladders. Siege is horrific now without ladders and siege equipment. Why don't they just rename Siege to, "Swarm the Castle Through Three Fixed Entrances"

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 01:17:06 am »
I liked ladders.
I loved the idea of more build-able siege items.

I hope it all gets worked out and I can spend part of my summer enjoying a siege server that has everything working as intended.
(I miss ladders, I mean, they fixed ladder towering and that solved all the problems a long time ago I thought)

You can still place siege shields though, eh!, eh? That's like, cool and stuff.
No really you can use them to elevator your way up to areas like ladders by standing on them. You can even use them to bridge certain gaps in maps like a really tiny ladder.
But they'll never be ladders...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:18:54 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 01:19:57 am »
+2
Siege sucked once they removed ladders. Siege is horrific now without ladders and siege equipment. Why don't they just rename Siege to, "Swarm the Castle Through Three Fixed Entrances"

Yeah, rather than have the siege server run castles designed to be used without ladders and disabling ladders I would prefer if we had siege maps designed to be used with deployable siege equipment.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 01:25:06 am »
Yeah, rather than have the siege server run castles designed to be used without ladders and disabling ladders I would prefer if we had siege maps designed to be used with deployable siege equipment.

Yeah I always thought I would be way more fun if the maps just had a break able gate and you had to bring your own ladders and siege gear. It would be much more fun, and it would simulate Strat a whole shit load more as well.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 03:02:43 am »
I really wonder if most peoples posting on this thread actually play on siege.

I play exclusively on siege and ladders on siege was totally unbalanced since offensive team win more often on mostly all maps. With ladders the defensive team had very little chance to win rounds.

Now without ladders siege and a 5min round time is close to be balanced.
I dont care if you think its less fun the bottom line should be to make it balanced for both teams.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 03:13:58 am »
1 day I was in siege on defense and halfway through I saw their foward spawn and I went to attack it, but one man wasnt going to do anything to this tent especially after couching it twice and swinging like a mad man with an endless amount of enemies spawning right next to me. This didn't make me angry, what made me angry was how difficult it was to attack this thing and not relaying on backup because everyone else was occupied with ONE objective.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 04:00:26 am »
I like how Zapier keeps referring to KUTT and mis-quoting what I said.

I said take it to the forums, because whoever it was was crying up a storm in-game when all we did was agree with you.
I also said that you don't see them implemented because it -does- take coordination. Para and I spent 4 minutes building that one, and given its position you all spawned right next to it and could have destroyed it.

It's not easy to set up unless you've done it a few times. I think the best suggestion so far I've seen would to make it de-selected by everyone at the end of the round, but still persist through the rounds until it's destroyed. Maybe lower it's health a little? Though it takes like 8-10 swings from a player with 3 Powerstrike to destroy. Yesterday was the first complaining I've ever seen about the tents, though it's been used for a few weeks more often in Siege. Most players applaud the ability to put them up in strategically good places. I mean hell, if we wanted to, we could have put them right on your flag and had our team spawn there but we put it by the gate, still 1000ft from your flag.

TL;DR (for those that are lazy) -- Don't misquote me and lump my clan in with what I say, and also, best suggestion is them staying through rounds, but spawns being de-selected so your team has to spend another 2 minutes just getting 12-15 people to set their spawn there. Lower their health a little bit too.

One thing I wish we could have in Siege would be Door-Rams. Build it up, take it to the door, and ram the door 4-5 times to take that gate down. Of course, it's just one gate, but still, would be fun to see a team come up with one quickly.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:01:35 am by Tank Burner »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 04:18:28 am »
You can blast the doors real good with a catapult but you need 12 guys (+engineer) on your team to spawn at the start of the round with only construction stuff rapid deploy it, die get back to it and fire. There are 2 maps where this would by a shit load faster than any other option, but like I said you would need real co-ordination.

I hope we get the gear back soon. I decided to play for a little why anyway and had the misfortune of getting ATHW while I was carrying a pile of shit :/ I finally would have gotten a tick in construction sites :I but at least I can make ninja stars and some other random crap I picked up off the ground, woo.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 05:10:38 am »
hopefully they took it out in the patch to make it work properly and will reintroduce it once it does work PROPERLY.

but i understand them removing it until that point.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE