Author Topic: Spawn Tents in NA Siege  (Read 3819 times)

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
Re: Spawn Tents in NA Siege
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 05:20:07 am »
Frank, did I understand your post correctly?  Weapons racks aren't working anymore?  Reminds me of the .gif of the classroom where one kid messes with another kid from behind, and the kid that got messed with turns around and smashes someone random who did nothing.  Poor weapon racks.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Para

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Para_KUTT, Slut_KUTT, Upper_KUTT, Ballmeat_KUTT, Ballmeat_Sandwich
  • IRC nick: Para_
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 05:34:05 am »
+1
0000257: Disable forward bases and weapon racks in non-Strategus modes
Status   resolved

The first game balance related change that KUTT directly caused.

They just can't let us have any reprieve in siege, at least give us the ladders back.
Woozle wuzzle?

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 05:39:19 am »
Imo. that's dumb. If they actually have the time to build something from a construction site, your team's archers obviously aren't doing a well enough job defending. But I can agree on the ladder thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 06:01:46 am »
wtf why the weapons racks?  what did they do to anybody?!  There's not really any useful way to build anything from a c-site on siege anymore.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 06:07:18 am »
0000257: Disable forward bases and weapon racks in non-Strategus modes
Status   resolved

The first game balance related change that KUTT directly caused.

They just can't let us have any reprieve in siege, at least give us the ladders back.

Where did you find the changelog?

Offline Para

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Para_KUTT, Slut_KUTT, Upper_KUTT, Ballmeat_KUTT, Ballmeat_Sandwich
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 07:53:50 am »
Where did you find the changelog?

Just checked in the bug tracker: http://bugtracker.c-rpg.net/view.php?id=257
Woozle wuzzle?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 09:11:20 am »
+1
Lies para, how dare you dismiss my efforts!

Why only 2 weeks ago I ninjed the siege server for 2 hours with Hospitaller. I planted a good half dozen forward bases right on top of the flag. One map was over in under 30 seconds. That's when I worked out the thing was FUBAR and needed a patch and I stopped building them inside (more or less. I've done it about 3 times since then).

hopefully they took it out in the patch to make it work properly and will reintroduce it once it does work PROPERLY.

but i understand them removing it until that point.

Like poop said, should we just remove pole arms until we can fix polestagger? The solution wasn't to just destroy my class, the solution was to fix the Forward Base, and if it was going to take time make that thing not spawn. This is just a blanket ban on my class. We've already been kicked in the balls, I mean nerfed twice.

If you don't know about ye olde history of siege gear it goes like this. Once upon a time a single man could easily build almost anything. Healing tents were like 5 con mats.
We would merely hurl ladders about and chase each other through sky. It was possible back in ye olden times to send enemies plunging to their deaths with a mighty wave of ladderpults.

Then came the crying and tawdry little bitches. They cried and whined and they drove the devs to a dire decision.

Fuck being poetic, point is

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:30:33 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Para

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2012, 09:26:31 am »
Honestly we wouldn't even use the forward spawns if the spawn points weren't so ballbreaking on some of these siege maps. We never needed to use them on the native maps because they had more balanced spawn locations for both sides.

And yes frank, you did inspire us to do this, so you do get your lions share of the credit. Between KUTT and yourself there are about four complaint threads on this issue.
Woozle wuzzle?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2012, 09:49:14 am »
Honestly we wouldn't even use the forward spawns if the spawn points weren't so ballbreaking on some of these siege maps. We never needed to use them on the native maps because they had more balanced spawn locations for both sides.

And yes frank, you did inspire us to do this, so you do get your lions share of the credit. Between KUTT and yourself there are about four complaint threads on this issue.

Sweet, finally having an impact :D just wish it hadn't involved my class being removed from the game :(

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,31275.0.html
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Zapier

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2012, 12:55:56 pm »
Why only 2 weeks ago I ninjed the siege server for 2 hours with Hospitaller. I planted a good half dozen forward bases right on top of the flag. One map was over in under 30 seconds. That's when I worked out the thing was FUBAR and needed a patch and I stopped building them inside (more or less. I've done it about 3 times since then).

Like poop said, should we just remove pole arms until we can fix polestagger? The solution wasn't to just destroy my class, the solution was to fix the Forward Base, and if it was going to take time make that thing not spawn. This is just a blanket ban on my class. We've already been kicked in the balls, I mean nerfed twice.

If you don't know about ye olde history of siege gear it goes like this. Once upon a time a single man could easily build almost anything. Healing tents were like 5 con mats.
We would merely hurl ladders about and chase each other through sky. It was possible back in ye olden times to send enemies plunging to their deaths with a mighty wave of ladderpults.

Then came the crying and tawdry little bitches. They cried and whined and they drove the devs to a dire decision.

You should stick to being poetic. Many of us played during all those times... some of us more than others... some of us on and off over the years. You know, you say it's the little bitches with their crying that ruined those good ol' days... but aren't you trying to now do the same thing? You're crying and whining about them doing 'a blanket ban on [your] class' and for what? In hopes they return to you your tools to use things that are not working as intended? How are you any better than the people you're bitching about?

Let's go off on the polestagger tangent for a minute, even though it really has no place in this discussion... there's a huge difference between something working as intended but being unbalanced and something that isn't working as intended and doing things that aren't meant to be done. When something isn't working the way it should, yes it should be removed until it can be fixed to work as it should. When something is simply unbalanced in the eyes of its players, like many see polestagger, then it needs to be balanced... but you hardly have to remove something that is actually working the way it should. Like it or not, polestagger is working the way it's supposed to... so no it doesn't need to just have all weapons removed using it... it just needs to be properly balanced.

Spawn tents keeping their spawn point after a round is over was neither balanced nor working as intended. You yourself just described how you were able to ninja a flag in 30 seconds and with Hospitaller you ninja'd the siege server for 2 hours. Your own admission describes what is so broken about it. I have yet to see polestagger truly affect a game in such a way. It's annoying as hell, but 2handers... 1handers... they seem to kill people just as easily...

Now, let's apply some of this to the ladderpults... just so we can see another example of something not working properly. I remember those... battle servers... narrow bridge full of people and someone could just run up and pop comes a ladder magically from under the ground... lifting people up and up until they jumped to their deaths or were tossed to their deaths when they broke... what an innovative tool! Kill dozens of people, including friendlies, with a single click of a button. Yeah... when people think of siege ladders in a medieval combat game... they definitely think about how ladders should be capable of flinging people like catapults... those ladders sure worked perfectly, didn't they? About as perfect as watching ladder built upon ladder, built upon ladder up into the heavens... I bet you enjoyed those days too and touted your banners and slogans when people were told to no longer do that... and bitched about people bitching to have it stopped... and how the whining and crying players ruined your fun... well, things generally get removed when they get abused too much... some people can tolerate it a little... some not at all...

- - -

tl;dr for all the people who have attention spans shorter than a gnat... people crying about their toys being taken away are no better than the ones crying to have them taken away in the first place... so everyone can get off their high horse.

Bring back the siege equipment when they can properly disappear at the end of a round. I think that's only fair since everything else gets reset. The time and effort it takes to build and protect such things are the same sacrifices some people make to chop down doors and gates round after round. I see no reason for anything to persist longer than a round.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2012, 01:25:44 am »
+5
(click to show/hide)

You don't out right ban a whole class when there are rules in place that aren't being enforced. You enforce the rules.

Chill Zapier none of this rage is aimed at you. Its a general hate. You only seem to have 6 posts to your name all of which are in this thread so you might not have been here when I had to spend about a week solid defending the existence of engineers because they were "useless time wasters" and we "didn't contribute" and now we are OP game breakers.

Engineering is the only class that is playable for me. I have to play on NA servers with 280 ping because the Australian community is dead. I've kept on playing to help my friends and clan mates and after about 3-4 months of rolling through every class Shield, Polearm, 2h, Archer, Xbow, HA I finally thought fuck it dude and tried engineering in the hope I would both be useful and entertained. As luck would have it I was.

The reasons for pulling all the gear with no warning are dubious at best. No real effort was made to control the use of the gear. A few lone admins had to sit around and decide what was fare and then enforce that, which they did.

Bring back the siege equipment when they can properly disappear at the end of a round. I think that's only fair since everything else gets reset. The time and effort it takes to build and protect such things are the same sacrifices some people make to chop down doors and gates round after round. I see no reason for anything to persist longer than a round.

This would need to be balanced against the difficulty of construction. I personally don't think most of the gear needs to be reset, it adds an element of tactics to the game mode that it lacks. The better solution is to have all the spawn points reset so you have to go and select them again. That way building a spawn point inside a castle is pointless, it will be dead by the time you get back to it. And it also means the defenders can safely erect a spawn near to their flag and no have to worry about some magician poofing the doors and gates open.

-------------------------------------------------

The changes I would make to "fix" the problem.

3 csites on the ground at ones, no more. That means until they are complete you can't go chuck a shit ton of them at ladder.

Half the health of the forward base, reset all spawns every round.

Double the health of the healing tent so it takes more than 1 hit from 6PS axe. Or about a dozen arrows.

Half the cost of deploying a catapult. They aren't cost effective in strat at all, so the whole strat argument doesn't hold water. At least this way they can be deployed as door breakers in time to actually break the doors.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:26:59 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2012, 07:17:32 am »
+3
You know Frank is right.  Seriously, don't make me go back and link to all those posts about how useless engineers are.  And now they're overpowered...

It really does add a large element of strategy to what was a rigid game.  I really hope that you guys put everything back in next patch with Frank's suggestions. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:19:52 am by OpenPalm »

Offline Arjay

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RJ
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2012, 07:54:35 am »
+1
Not to mention everyone is so wrapped up about spawn tents, that they forgot weapon racks were removed too, THAT'S what the bullshit part is. What was so broken about a weapon rack?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2014, 01:28:22 pm »
Yeah, good point me from two years ago!

*cough*
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »