Author Topic: I know you hate horseman but...  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: I know you hate horseman but...
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 04:49:15 pm »
hm where is the info that horse legs have 0 armor ? i knew the damage was increased but not the way like this, interesting

My testing (weak scimitar for example aimed at legs will do 90 percent of rouncey or champion cataphract HP while horse stands still, pretty obviously ignoring armor + doing over 100 HP worth of damage to both).  So it does at least double/triple damage + doesn't factor in armor at all.  I have had champion destriers and champion cataphracts one shotted by archers with 1 hander sidearms with very slight speed bonuses on actual battle  Its kind of silly, to be honest.

Also trolling by devs:  Fasader or somebody said BUT THERE IS NO ARMOR ON THE LEGS HEH R U BLIND or something to that effect after I tested immediately after the patch and complained.

Despite these nerfs, its exceptionally easy to get really high KDs as cav, easier then any other class, I don't even have to play well and I will consistently be at top of my team most of the time because getting 3-4 kills a round is practically guaranteed to a cavalry player who doesn't charge a pike or archer within the first 30 seconds.. even if those kills are afk's or peasants.

So cav will never appear weak, just due to the nature of the class.  Regardless, I think just factoring in armor a bit into the legs for heavier horses would fix internal balance.  Coursers are extremely dominant on NA now, and arabian xbow cav multiply like maggots spewing forth from a peasant corpse and become flies impossible to swat due to massive agility.

I like seeing light cav more than heavy cav to be honest, but the heavier horses are definitely kind of weak in comparison now.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:53:17 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 04:55:06 pm »
+1
But 1h/2h cav are the most fucked here.

They can't balance horses by lancers/HA/HC/HT only, the 1h/2h cav need to go melee range to attack and if 1-2 slashes can down an armoured horse what is the point on using such an expensive horse?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:56:20 pm by Vexus »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 05:00:00 pm »
But 1h/2h cav are the most fucked here.

They can't balance horses by lancers/HA/HC/HT only, the 1h/2h cav need to go melee range to attack and if 1-2 slashes can down an armoured horse what is the point on using such an expensive horse?

Quite.  It forces cav into even more of a back stabber role.

Truth be told, heavy cav has a massive advantage over light from that armor still.  Ranged has always been the main counter to cav, not melee players.  Heavy cav still absorb a good amount of arrows and bolts and thats good enough for me.  I just think that nerf was a bit too extreme and punishes cav who prefer to be supportive in melee, bumping people aggressively and the like.  Pretty frustrating when a teammate can take off 2/3 of your destrier/cataphracts hp with 1 missed swing.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 05:37:37 pm »
Just fix the strange "vulnerable" legs part, and everything else should be okay.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2012, 06:11:58 pm »
Been playing cav with an unloomed rouncey at lvl 20-25....How is cav UP? I guess I don't notice the leg armor penalty since getting slashed by a 2H at full speed usually meant immediate death even with the champion arabian (that I can't use atm), even more so with a pos rouncey. I can still manage to couch heavily armored 2hs from the front most times, charge archers head on with a bit of weaving, deal with poor 1h/shields who can't manage to retaliate unless I get way too close, etc. When my horse gets massacred it's mostly cause I failed or kamikaze charged for the lulz.

Although this is from a lancer perspective, prob much more of a nerf to 1h/2h cav who have to get in close and use bumping to reliably get kills.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 06:31:53 pm »
Will just say this...my plated charger got 1 shot by a 2h (heavy bastard sword) to the legs.

Not joking at all. The leg damage has completely negated heavy horses in melee situations. If a plated charger can be 1 shot then something is wrong.

My "Champion" Plated Charger: Body armor: 74, Hit points: 165 gets 1 hit by the scythe which has swing damage of 27 cut, yes, something is wrong.

But no one listens, prob cos too many ranged players on mod and epic infantry QQ if they get nerfs.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 07:33:42 pm »

Skyrim UI

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 07:43:15 pm »
Been playing cav with an unloomed rouncey at lvl 20-25....How is cav UP? I guess I don't notice the leg armor penalty since getting slashed by a 2H at full speed usually meant immediate death even with the champion arabian (that I can't use atm), even more so with a pos rouncey. I can still manage to couch heavily armored 2hs from the front most times, charge archers head on with a bit of weaving, deal with poor 1h/shields who can't manage to retaliate unless I get way too close, etc. When my horse gets massacred it's mostly cause I failed or kamikaze charged for the lulz.

Although this is from a lancer perspective, prob much more of a nerf to 1h/2h cav who have to get in close and use bumping to reliably get kills.

Remember that if u r fighting with poor fighters, you can as well go on foot and take cudgel, htey will die even easier. We aren't talking about possibilities of killing poor, but about a balance between good. I remember killing like 3 or more guys when I had pitch fork while I was getting ganged by like 7. Nerf pitch fork. Also nerf blue tunic and straw hat.

Skyrim UI

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 07:47:17 pm »
Truth be told, heavy cav has a massive advantage over light from that armor still.  Ranged has always been the main counter to cav, not melee players.  Heavy cav still absorb a good amount of arrows and bolts and thats good enough for me.  I just think that nerf was a bit too extreme and punishes cav who prefer to be supportive in melee, bumping people aggressively and the like.  Pretty frustrating when a teammate can take off 2/3 of your destrier/cataphracts hp with 1 missed swing.

Even the light horses can take an amazing amount of arrows. I've seen roph going around on his arabien cav with more than five arrows and one sticking straight out of his horses face. For example, a courser with a two 9pt throwing spears in it. One in the face. If there isn't many people left the cav will likely kill the archer before they can kill the horse.

Also, I don't think throwing gets the same head shot bonus as bow/xbow or is more likely to count as hitting the wrong hit box.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:48:50 pm by Renten »

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 10:25:13 pm »
+2
Just remove the damage bonus to legs from teamhits and it's all good, my only problem with that change was teammates hitting your horse when you come in to bump guys for them and it blackbarring even horses like the Cataphract.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 12:26:28 am »
+1
You guys forgot to block with your shields so that the swings or stabs aimed for the leg magically hit the shield.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 01:18:34 pm »
Above all, the top would already to regulate these damn hitbox ..

the guy who kills you with a spear carried 2m in your back is just awful.

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 04:37:14 pm »
Fix horse headshot detection, remove crazy leg antiarmour. Perhaps a slight nerf in regular armour so it's not excessive tanking.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 07:05:25 pm »
It is a joke when I'm riding my champion courser and have a few throwing weapons sticking out of it's head and neck.  That should be just as deadly as removing it's ankles.

I honestly think that swinging a 1h sword at a horses unprotected ankles would be enough to bring the horse down (especially with it's own speed factored into the equation). 

I think you need to buff throwing weapons when it hits my horses head, it's a joke right now.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 04:23:29 am »
I love reading this  :twisted:  So if I'm getting charged, should I aim my shot at the legs, rather than the head?
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.