Author Topic: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 12:25:50 am »
Sadly 9/10 admins we have that still play the game are Chaos ahah so even if it looks like it's biased favoritism or something literally every admin stopped playing cRPG except the chaos ones and less then 5 non chaos players.

It wasn't always like this, a bunch of the admins were also forced to step down, for vague reasons, as I recall.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 12:27:59 am »
"A handful" Is more appropriate I think. I'm pretty sure I could count the number of admins that had their rights removed on one hand.

The admin player base is just riddled with inactivity. The majority of admins in game are either Hospitaller or Chaos, with the latter having slightly more as admins.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:29:23 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 12:30:19 am »
If you poll banned me on a server and I was banned by majority vote then that would be that. A majority vote is the final say and always should be. The day we let a the minority decide the fate of the majority will be a bad day. Would I be happy? No. Would I fight the the ban by making an unban thread and also a ban thread for you? Yes.

cRPG isn't a direct democracy it is more like an absolute monarchy headed by chadz where his appointees delegate responsibilities to people that are deemed worthy of merit, who pick their own teams, etc.  Direct democracy is horrible and if you were American aka enlightened perhaps you would know the philosophical and sociological question of the "Tyranny of the majority" coined by our founding fathers.  We can just look at the southern American states as examples where majorities disenfranchised minorities (poor whites and blacks) for a hundred years AFTER the civil war.  The point of civil rights is to PROTECT minorities from overwhelming, often oppressive majorities.

An example would be if majorities controlled cRPG, all horse crossbowmen would be perma banned from the game.  As a proponent of cRPG Freedom, I may not have to enjoy your playstyle, but I will protect to the death your right to play it.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 12:35:35 am »
+1
Why isn't this thread locked yet?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 12:40:32 am »
cRPG isn't a direct democracy it is more like an absolute monarchy headed by chadz where his appointees delegate responsibilities to people that are deemed worthy of merit, who pick their own teams, etc.  Direct democracy is horrible and if you were American aka enlightened perhaps you would know the philosophical and sociological question of the "Tyranny of the majority" coined by our founding fathers.  We can just look at the southern American states as examples where majorities disenfranchised minorities (poor whites and blacks) for a hundred years AFTER the civil war.  The point of civil rights is to PROTECT minorities from overwhelming, often oppressive majorities.

An example would be if majorities controlled cRPG, all horse crossbowmen would be perma banned from the game.  As a proponent of cRPG Freedom, I may not have to enjoy your playstyle, but I will protect to the death your right to play it.

Ummmm What? The American colonies were founded as a way to escape a monarchy. The USA has checks and balances, which is not present in crpg. And then you finish it off by a modified quote from Voltaire, a french philosopher.  :rolleyes:

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 12:43:09 am »
Ummmm What? The American colonies were founded as a way to escape a monarchy. The USA has checks and balances, which is not present in crpg. And then you finish it off by a modified quote from Voltaire, a french philosopher.  :rolleyes:
Weren't they founded because the British/Spanish/French were like "Lol free land over hurr"?
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:29 am »

Voltaire was an enlightenment thinker, and putting full confidence in the majority opinion to be the correct one is about as unenlightened as you can be.  Also, that isn't a Voltaire quote, it is a random english author's quote who was summing up what he felt Voltaire stood for.  America, and the NA cRPG servers, are not a democracy.

We don't have elections for cRPG admins either we are appointees.  chadz is an emperor of all communities by divine right (literally the creator) and I consider Shik our enlightened Philosopher Queen of NA/Head Of the Admins, and Shik bases his appointees on merit, experience, and character.  Then, the admin team makes their own interpretation of the Espu and cmp-penned constitution of cRPG rules to best of their abilities to uphold the original vision of chadz and the game he created.

Also, the history of colonialism of the Americas is sadly not one of freedom, but of religious intolerance, greed, extreme racism, and a never ending need for power that drives so much of history.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:59:20 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 01:05:49 am »
+2
Anders u should be able to lock the thread yourself.
Pock gobblers