Author Topic: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)  (Read 6344 times)

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
Re: Clear Admin Bias?
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »
+1
Your argument is ridiculous. This isn't a national vote. The difference between that and this is the fact that we have the opportunity to look into it. A presidential vote does not have the ability to look into an event as close as we are able to as a community.

By your logic you're telling me that if I put up a permaban request against you, without knowing you or anything about you, and the request goes through, you will sit idly by and watch yourself get permabanned, because the hypothetical majority voted against you.

If you poll banned me on a server and I was banned by majority vote then that would be that. A majority vote is the final say and always should be. The day we let a the minority decide the fate of the majority will be a bad day. Would I be happy? No. Would I fight the the ban by making an unban thread and also a ban thread for you? Yes.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »
+2
The day we let a the minority decide the fate of the majority will be a bad day.

The situation wouldn't be as drastic as this suggests, it'd be a small, trusted minority deciding the fate of an even smaller minority who's suspected of a grievous offense.

If you poll banned me on a server and I was banned by majority vote then that would be that. A majority vote is the final say and always should be.

Except that in this community, we literally have rules against misuse of "majority rules" situations. Poll abuse is not a tolerated thing, and just because a poll goes through doesn't make it right.

Would I be happy? No. Would I fight the the ban by making an unban thread and also a ban thread for you? Yes.

Wait, what exactly are you arguing, here? You seem to be against both things, now.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »
+2
obsessed with your betters dexxtaa? thanks for your attention
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 08:50:59 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

? Pm me what ya mean by this.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 08:52:13 pm »
As was stated already, a discussion was had in the Admin chat from the get-go, and a couple Admins didn't have access to the tools from where they were posting at the time. It could have been any other Admin actually implementing the 24 hour ban
Its also no surprise that Anders was aware of and all over the "repeat offender" as he posted both ban requests. Not to mention that within minutes (seconds?) of the ban being implemented you were harassing the Admin in game about the ban length. (On an Alt no less, you think we memorize your Alt names? Legio DOES need to mind his own business, where Anders might have gotten a different response)
I wouldn't spend time in game arguing over a forum ban either.

About the same time, Canary posted in the Admin thread that he felt that 24 hours was too short and posted why (and not because of this thread). In other words, it was taking care of itself in the Admin forums.

Getting rather tired of these facetious "Admin bias" threads. Especially when my impression is that you've been sitting on that ban request thread pressing refresh every 5 seconds, chewing your fingernails to see if Jar was going to "get his due". Then off you go raging (again, just my impression) in game and then back raging on the forums to make an "Admin bias" thread instead of sending a PM to Ganner, or any other Admin, or posting in the Ban forums that "Hey, this guy has been a repeat offender and 24 hours is too short based on past decisions." and link to the previous thread.

I'm glad that you seem to have calmed down at this point. Next time send a PM to the Admin in question, or make a "Concerns about Jar's ban length" thread.

This is a free online mod you are playing, with volunteer admins, getting NOTHING for the work they are doing. It's not the fucking supreme court with professional lawyers upholding rules ironed out over years with precedent cases and juries to support decision making!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2012, 08:56:35 pm »
+1
I'm glad that you seem to have calmed down at this point. Next time send a PM to the Admin in question, or make a "Concerns about Jar's ban length" thread.

Yea, I never ment bias. I put a question mark in thread title, cause i was half "Huh?". But the message body was more of a "Hey, please look at this, i don't think it's right."

Also you're right about my alt. I've apologized to ganner and said Didn't mean to witch hunt him.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »
That's irrelevant. Do you think that most people who voted for obama knew anything about his policy or what a wreck of a president they were voting for? No. They voted for him because he is black and that was enough reason for them.

Thats why Jessie Jackson won when he ran
That's why Herman Cain is our presidential nominee of the republican party
Etc.

As for the rest of what you said, majority rules is not a perfect system whatsoever. Horse Crossbowmen would all be pretty much perpetually banned from servers here in NA for having so many people hate them. God knows how much trouble we have already with item balance because of how much of the community complains when a really popular item/play style gets nerfed/buffed. It has it's place and should certainly be taken into consideration when it comes to handling administrative decisions, but it should not be the sole deciding factor if it can be helped.

TL;DR: Your example was bad and I don't trust this community full of temperamental crybabies enough to let everything be handled through majority rule.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:13:48 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 09:06:08 pm »
Yea, I never ment bias. I put a question mark in thread title, cause i was half "Huh?". But the message body was more of a "Hey, please look at this, i don't think it's right."

Also you're right about my alt. I've apologized to ganner and said Didn't mean to witch hunt him.

I love you.  :D

This thread may be used to prove my love bias for Anders for any possible future infraction I overlook  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Swifteye234

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Rainbow Shirelings
  • Game nicks: PRO_Jar_of_Diplomacy
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2012, 09:32:27 pm »
pretty weak comebacks by Chaos, obviously because their member didnt get a HARSHER sentence for being a repeat offender.  Jar knows the rules, has been banned for it before, he should be getting 3 days to a week for being a fuckhead again

im gonna up that post in hopes that your epeen becomes less salty because bitch u angry
Lamk: Swift invite me to the Steam Pro Group
Я|Swiftpanda: call me big daddy
Lamk: K
Lamk: ty Big Daddy :P

Offline Swifteye234

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 09:34:36 pm »
wow only 24 hours for repeat offender? lol my second ban was for 3 days and the next was for 5 days.
I don't like anders at all but he's good at what hes does and brings up a good point with this thread.

guardian spaz would be so disappoint

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
Re: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:29 pm »
I'm really fucking heterosexual, and by that I mean I'm gay. I don't mind if there is a ban request for someone, but when they post it up with all serious pants on and they do the best they can to get them banned, those people are the actual griefers imo like BAD said. It's an online game, I don't mind when I get tked. Even if it's intentional, but that's probably because I don't take this game seriously at all. I troll the fuck out of people because they get mad and tell me to grow up. Acting mature on the internet? I don't see why I would need to do that. I find more enjoyment in tking and delaying than actually taking this mod seriously nowadays anyways. Imo the people that post on the forums consistently about getting people banned for everything they do should calm down, it's not so much as Anders anyways. But Diggles and some others that I don't care enough to remember need to stop being butthurt babies over everything. They're the ones that need to grow the fuck up.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:35 pm »
guardian spaz would be so disappoint
lol your jars?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Swifteye234

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08:59 pm »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2012, 10:15:59 pm »
lol your jars?

Does that change what you said earlier (which made sense).

It shouldn't matter who the player was (jars).  This is about admins being inconsistent with their punishments (I honestly don't think ganner would show favoritism, I'm assuming he didn't know about previous bans...at least I like to give most people the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Swifteye234

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2012, 10:17:54 pm »

Does that change what you said earlier (which made sense).

It shouldn't matter who the player was (jars).  This is about admins being inconsistent with their punishments (I honestly don't think ganner would show favoritism, I'm assuming he didn't know about previous bans...at least I like to give most people the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to).

no ganner didn't it was karma who banned me the other two times