Author Topic: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 11:00:40 pm »
I don't get the screenshot, but anyways, GANNER HAD THE CLANTAG OF BADMIN FOR A REASON.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 11:04:14 pm »
+1
Wow..you guys actually let a clan self admin their members? It doesn't matter how unbiased you may actually feel you are, there will always be the thought in people's mind of how fishy that all my be. There should be some obvious rules regarding clans deciding the fate of fellow clan members. There will always be either a little bias or at the very least the assumption of bias on the playerbase's part. Either way it does harm to the image of the clan and the impartiality of admins

You want people to follow rules? Well ensure a fair environment for everyone no matter who they are, and encourage people not to do stuff like valour farm or whatever with decent ban lengths especially for repeat offenders. I don't' even know why people get so many chances in this game..anywhere else and you would be gone
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 11:06:37 pm »
Good thing ^this guy doesn't make the rules .

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 11:07:56 pm »
Well I don't have to play on NA ofc, and love the attitude from another admin there, GJ

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »
Well I don't have to play on NA ofc, and love the attitude from another admin there, GJ

Thank you.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,29191.msg429254.html#msg429254

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 11:12:03 pm »
+1
Not only was the ban agreed upon by admins in and out of chaos, but they all felt the action taken was completely appropriate. Ganner just happened to be the one who issued the website ban. I'm probably skating up hill as it is trying to explain this to you guys, but yeah.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »
So you all agreed that he deserved a light punishment because he's Jar? I see no-name players TK 1 person after a round as a joke and get a warning from pink chat about TKing but then someone that's even somewhat of a named player can get away with 3 blatant TK's. This kind of shit needs to stop and rules be enforced on everybody, not just the unwashed masses (or not at all! I personally don't mind the TKing after a round unless I picked something up in which case BLOCK.)

Also agreed, ganner is a badmin. (Not saying this because of this thread.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:19:09 pm by Kivlov »
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 11:29:44 pm »
So you all agreed that he deserved a light punishment because he's Jar?

No, the standard punishment was agreed upon, until it was pointed out by an Admin in the admin thread that it was Jar with his past and attitude about it, and then that made the penalty worse
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2012, 11:32:40 pm »
So you all agreed that he deserved a light punishment because he's Jar? I see no-name players TK 1 person after a round as a joke and get a warning from pink chat about TKing but then someone that's even somewhat of a named player can get away with 3 blatant TK's. This kind of shit needs to stop and rules be enforced on everybody, not just the unwashed masses (or not at all! I personally don't mind the TKing after a round unless I picked something up in which case BLOCK.)

Also agreed, ganner is a badmin. (Not saying this because of this thread.)

Well I can't speak for other admins but I know most of us ban team wounders or at least warn them regardless of who they are. I don't know what admin(s) you're referring to, so I can't really respond to your claim one way or the other aside from saying it is off topic. What's more, jar received two very lengthy bans for his last two infractions. Also, given how blatant and severe the trolling in this instance turned out to be going by the logs, it was extended. Punitive extensions hardly ever get added onto bans unless it is someone with a history so Im not sure what more you people want.  CHAOS also handled the issue internally being that he is a clan member but quite frankly, how we handled it is no one's business but ours.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2012, 11:43:26 pm »
Not only was the ban agreed upon by admins in and out of chaos, but they all felt the action taken was completely appropriate. Ganner just happened to be the one who issued the website ban. I'm probably skating up hill as it is trying to explain this to you guys, but yeah.

Still don't see why you think its OK to even have a member of the same clan involved in the decision process for a ban. This is so obvious, its just not the done thing. It will either lead to bias and favouritism OR at least create an image of bias/favouritism. Either way it doesn't make you guys look good in the least

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »
+3
It's a game. Drink more and care less please.

Also, nerf cav.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2012, 11:50:39 pm »
Still don't see why you think its OK to even have a member of the same clan involved in the decision process for a ban. This is so obvious, its just not the done thing. It will either lead to bias and favouritism OR at least create an image of bias/favouritism. Either way it doesn't make you guys look good in the least

To be perfectly honest if people really were as irrational as you just suggested they were (which I don't think they are) we'd be damned if we did and damned if we didn't. At the risk of sounding like a condescending prick, I suggest you pay less attention to who is administering the ban (especially when they are doing it without any bias and consistently) and thank your lucky stars that you've got a group of guys that not only take this seriously, but do so by sitting around sometimes debating and arguing with one another on the admin forum regarding decisions and what to do in certain situations as if we were being paid to do it. If people want to make baseless assumptions about us or our character/judgement then they are free to do so. Don't expect us to care until you bring proof though.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2012, 12:03:41 am »
+1
I'm just saying you should cover your own asses if you know what I mean. If an admin seems to be lenient to a fellow clan member again you will get similar responses from people, whether he actually was lenient or not. People will assume bias and favouritism and you would obviously prevent the possibility of it actually happening

Anyway, I appreciate the work admins put in and I didn't mean to come across too negatively.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2012, 12:11:14 am »
+1
Trust me, it does cross our minds. We do take this job pretty seriously and we want to make sure that we've got transparency here(it's why I like to take so much time to elaborate on what happened in instances like this) It was actually a CHAOS guy that brought this particular issue up in the admin board and urged that a decision be reached on how to handle this one lest some of the more active NA admins usually all over stuff like this come across as biased or playing favorites.

(click to show/hide)

The last thing we want us for the community to feel as if this is how we view ourselves as admins. We aren't trying to be thought police, but we are trying to make sure that this community stays active and a generally good environment to play in(we have a hard enough time doing that without having constant in game griefing running rampant). Lord knows we mess up from time to time though, and that's why we encourage feedback threads like these! Civil discussion is always good.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:13:44 am by Darkkarma »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2012, 12:21:38 am »
+2
Everyone was waiting around for logs to be updated or eyewitnesses to post because honestly the ban thread didn't have that good of evidence, the whole situation wasn't clear.  Ganner got sick of everyone waiting around when we concluded that Jar was the one who deserved a ban so he threw up a 24 hour ban.

Shortly after Canary posted his investigation of the logs and saw all the complaints and Jar admitting to exploiting the map to be last alive repeatedly so his ban was extended.

Handled pretty well. 

Sadly 9/10 admins we have that still play the game are Chaos ahah so even if it looks like it's biased favoritism or something literally every admin stopped playing cRPG except the chaos ones and less then 5 non chaos players.  I have suggested some people to Shik and I think he might make some new NON chaos admins soon so don't worry yall the tyrannical Chaocracy of the official servers will one day soon end
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.