Author Topic: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:51:08 pm »
+2
This concerns This thread: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,29191.0.html

I wouldn't post this if I didn't see a form of injustice going on. Noobie, and most will agree, was being a massive delayer, leecher, valour farmer for awhile, and he was banned multiple times and long amounts for it. Now, Jar is ALSO a repeat offender, but on this ban(his third(?) of the kind) He gets off with a 24 hour ban per this post.

I would like to ask that another admin review the case and then either Uphold ganner's ban and explain why there is "Seeming" favoritism.(he could just be to lazy to look and see if Jar's a repeat offender), or Either give proper punishment to repeat offender. If ganner sees this and says, he didn't realize, and I should stop being a dick, i'll shut up. But in the interest of FAIRNESS, if others get long bans for MULTIPLE offenses, then so should jar.

Main reason i got angry was I informed ganner in game, and this was his respones:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

All I really want from Ganner is "Hey I didn't realize it, and Made a mistake, Bans going to stay 24hr though."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:58:31 pm by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
Re: Clear Admin Bias?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »
This concerns This thread: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,29191.0.html

I wouldn't post this if I didn't see a form of injustice going on. Noobie, and most will agree, was being a massive delayer, leecher, valour farmer for awhile, and he was banned multiple times and long amounts for it. Now, Jar is ALSO a repeat offender, but on this ban(his third(?) of the kind) He gets off with a 24 hour ban per this post.

I would like to ask that another admin review the case and then either Uphold ganner's ban and explain why there is "Seeming" favoritism.(he could just be to lazy to look and see if Jar's a repeat offender), or Either give proper punishment to repeat offender. If ganner sees this and says, he didn't realize, and I should stop being a dick, i'll shut up. But in the interest of FAIRNESS, if others get long bans for MULTIPLE offenses, then so should jar.

Why are you such a fucking girl scout god damn. All you do is post ban requests three times a week because you can't handle being butthurt over having a teamate leech. Grow the fuck up.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:02:42 pm »
Why are you such a fucking girl scout god damn. All you do is post ban requests three times a week because you can't handle being butthurt over having a teamate leech. Grow the fuck up.
Anders has only posted in the ban forums 19 times. And he didn't start all of those threads and most of the posts were in response to comments that came later in the thread. I do not disagree that he is a girlscout though, I hear he makes fantastic cookies.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »
+3

Actually that's my first ban request in....2 weeks.

And whats wrong with taking pictures and showing people that someone is clearly breaking rules, and NOT helping teammates. I'm only ASKING for someone else to review the evidence and either uphold the ban, or just say, ganner was right and why. You can't discuss in the ban thread section, and I'd PERSONALLY not want to flame/troll/etc. ganner, i just want FAIRNESS here.

(btw Boy scouts are better)

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:06:17 pm »
Anders has only posted in the ban forums 19 times. And he didn't start all of those threads and most of the posts were in response to comments that came later in the thread. I do not disagree that he is a girlscout though, I hear he makes fantastic cookies.
I just find he's out on a witch hunt against even the tiniest of mistakes. While I agree that it is against the rules and people should be getting punished for said rule breaking, there is no need to go out on a limb just to get them banned.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:09:33 pm »
I just find he's out on a witch hunt against even the tiniest of mistakes. While I agree that it is against the rules and people should be getting punished for said rule breaking, there is no need to go out on a limb just to get them banned.

Perhaps you are right, but tking and leeching are perhaps the 2 biggest things that irk me. Both hurt your team, and can cause several people to NOT enjoy their playing time.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:14:35 pm »
Perhaps you are right, but tking and leeching are perhaps the 2 biggest things that irk me. Both hurt your team, and can cause several people to NOT enjoy their playing time.

You picked two of the worst things to be particularly annoyed with in this game.

But you do have a point, and I'm sure there will be heavier repurcussions for repeated offenses.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »
people who post ban requests are bigger griefers than the so called griefers themselves. real talk~

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »
Anders, you make a thread, asking for a ban for Jar and a warning for Veto and Leo --> You get a ban for Jar and a warning for Veto and Leo.

You make another thread, comparing Jar to one of most frequent offenders in NA and want what exactly? A longer ban? A stronger warning to the others? Ganner's adminship to be questioned? Prove favoritism amongst admins? Admins to speak against each other?

WAKE UP MAN!

This is a free online mod you are playing, with volunteer admins, getting NOTHING for the work they are doing. It's not the fucking supreme court with professional lawyers upholding rules ironed out over years with precedent cases and juries to support decision making!

There is no favoritism. There is no need to call out admins repeatedly if they are clearly trying to do the best they can. There is no need to try and pitch admins against each other.

There is just decisions made by people like you and me who do the best they can and are never being thanked for it.

This one goes out to everyone:
Stop your campaigns to alienate our admins while we still have any left!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 07:33:16 pm »
+1
Anders, you make a thread, asking for a ban for Jar and a warning for Veto and Leo --> You get a ban for Jar and a warning for Veto and Leo.

You make another thread, comparing Jar to one of most frequent offenders in NA and want what exactly? A longer ban? A stronger warning to the others? Ganner's adminship to be questioned? Prove favoritism amongst admins? Admins to speak against each other?

WAKE UP MAN!

This is a free online mod you are playing, with volunteer admins, getting NOTHING for the work they are doing. It's not the fucking supreme court with professional lawyers upholding rules ironed out over years with precedent cases and juries to support decision making!

There is no favoritism. There is no need to call out admins repeatedly if they are clearly trying to do the best they can. There is no need to try and pitch admins against each other.

There is just decisions made by people like you and me who do the best they can and are never being thanked for it.

This one goes out to everyone:
Stop your campaigns to alienate our admins while we still have any left!

I just asking for FAIRNESS. I said, that I understand Ganner MAY have just not cared to look up Jar's history, and COMPLETELY understand that. In my post, the only REASON I made this thread was entirely cause Ganner told me to fuk off. I wasn't attempting(he might see it that way now) to be a dick, but I only said to him "isn't your ban for jar a little to short for a repeat offender?"

But, I could be lieing my ass off and everyone would say, "Oh he's just a troll ignore him", But I would like to see SOMETHING of a statement why ganner made a (simple) mistake. A single, "Hey, I didn't realize that, but ban's going to stand, thank you for being a dick, now move along" and I'll shut up. Simple as that. Just Apologize and say you made a mistake. Is it so hard to do?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 07:34:55 pm »
Anders: Can I have a cookie Mom?
Mom: No.
Anders: Can I really not have a cookie mom?
Mom: No. Stop asking.
Anders: But can I really really not have a cookie? I really want one.
Mom: No. Shut the fuck up.
Anders: Dad can I have a cookie?
Dad: No. Shut the fuck up.

Seeing a trend?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 07:36:12 pm »
+6
pretty weak comebacks by Chaos, obviously because their member didnt get a HARSHER sentence for being a repeat offender.  Jar knows the rules, has been banned for it before, he should be getting 3 days to a week for being a fuckhead again

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 07:36:39 pm »
Anders: Can I have a cookie Mom?
Mom: No.
Anders: Can I really not have a cookie mom?
Mom: No. Stop asking.
Anders: But can I really really not have a cookie? I really want one.
Mom: No. Shut the fuck up.
Anders: Dad can I have a cookie?
Dad: No. Shut the fuck up.

Seeing a trend?
I think in this case it was more like
Anders: Can I have a cookie, mom?
Mom: Yeah, sure
Anders: Can I have another cookie?
Mom: No, fuck off.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 07:37:30 pm »
pretty weak comebacks by Chaos, obviously because their member didnt get a HARSHER sentence for being a repeat offender.  Jar knows the rules, has been banned for it before, he should be getting 3 days to a week for being a fuckhead again

So should you and Anders for being sperging blowhards, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 07:38:56 pm »
+1
So should you and Anders for being sperging blowhards, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Hey, I never saw anything in the rules that says you can't be a sperging blowhard.