Author Topic: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)  (Read 6821 times)

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
Re: Clear Admin Bias?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 08:00:06 pm »
+1
Remember that admins are still people. We have biases and preferences.

Being an admin is a service, not a privilege. We try to remain indifferent to the issues at hand, but we are still players in the community.

(click to show/hide)
I smell a redditor, and I approve good sir.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 08:00:17 pm »
wow only 24 hours for repeat offender? lol my second ban was for 3 days and the next was for 5 days.

Everyone calm the fuck down. This has been discussed in the admin forums since the original post of this thread.

Everything has been under evaluation since the inception of this thread.

Feel free to continue throwing insults back and forth though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 08:02:18 pm »
and what happens in Troyicides case?

In troycides case it is a matter of getting unbanned, not getting banned. In his thread most people have voted 5 on his essay if I remember correctly.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »

In troycides case it is a matter of getting unbanned, not getting banned. In his thread most people have voted 5 on his essay if I remember correctly.
It's pretty much even. He's a known autoblocker and strategus battle griefer. Let's let him play some more!

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 08:05:30 pm »
Thanks Anders for reconsidering. I know admins like Ganner and even Dexxtroll are taking their jobs seriously and trying to do their best, yet I would not want to be in their shoes most of the time.

I don't like anders at all but he's good at what hes does and brings up a good point with this thread.

I don't like Goretooth at all and...

Well, no and.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 08:10:10 pm »
+1
Thanks Anders for reconsidering. I know admins like Ganner and even Dexxtroll are taking their jobs seriously and trying to do their best, yet I would not want to be in their shoes most of the time.

I never once really wanted to piss on ganner, i really just wanted a bit of an answer. Perhaps asking over game was a bad idea, and I was a bit of a dick, perhaps. But I do apologize for any hard feelings i've caused ganner.

Play on.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »
I never once really wanted to piss on ganner, i really just wanted a bit of an answer. Perhaps asking over game was a bad idea, and I was a bit of a dick, perhaps. But I do apologize for any hard feelings i've caused ganner.

Play on.
Just pm one of the other admins next time instead of taking me off my leash like that.

Apologies.

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 08:12:30 pm »
It's pretty much even. He's a known autoblocker and strategus battle griefer. Let's let him play some more!

The majority voted 5. It's democracy. He gets unbanned and if he ever does it again he gets a perma ban with no hope of ever returning. Simple. We lost nothing by unbanning him. If he decided to cheat again he will have wasted his last chance and he will be gone forever. The end. I don't want him unbanned, but the majority of people do.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »
+3
The majority voted 5. It's democracy. He gets unbanned and if he ever does it again he gets a perma ban with no hope of ever returning. Simple. We lost nothing by unbanning him. If he decided to cheat again he will have wasted his last chance and he will be gone forever. The end. I don't want him unbanned, but the majority of people do.

The majority are people who didn't actually take the time to read it, are his 'bros,' or are euros who have no idea who he is and think it'll be funny to let the bull loose in the china shoppe again.

Just saying.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:56 pm »
The majority are people who didn't actually take the time to read it, are his 'bros,' or are euros who have no idea who he is and think it'll be funny to let the bull loose in the china shoppe again.

Just saying.
Personally I think only admins should have a valid say in the rating of unban essays.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 08:17:39 pm »
Personally I think only admins should have a valid say in the rating of unban essays.

We do.

Either way, I'm glad this thread resolved itself because of civil and mature people.

On to the next bit of the show "NA Drama for the Euro Pleasure" for the Euro's pleasure:

Idlewild : discuss.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:19:51 pm by Dexxtaa »

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 08:22:34 pm »

Just saying.

That's irrelevant. Do you think that most people who voted for obama knew anything about his policy or what a wreck of a president they were voting for? No. They voted for him because he is black and that was enough reason for them. The same can be said with the unban essay. People will vote yes just because they like what someone wrote or because they played with the guy one time but that's okay. A vote is a vote and the reason behind the vote is irrelevant. I don't think the guy should be unbanned but the majority does and that's all there is to it.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 08:30:44 pm »
+2
To everyone quick to disparage certain admins for bias and favoritism:

We have a large admin team consisting of some very different people, some of whom are in the same clan and some of whom are in no clan at all. It's up to those admins to actually act.

Yes, there are a lot of admins associated with one clan. That does not mean that we can keep all of the other admins not associated with it from issuing punishment to people in that clan. It isn't the admin's fault when he's alone in his duties. If no one else is willing to take up the charge, well, someone is still doing it. There are worse alternatives.

This is a good example of why we have the "no-tamper" system for bans; that is, a ban issued by one admin is not to be removed by another. If someone wants to issue a longer ban, it's up to their discretion and won't be cut short by another.

Now, before you continue screaming your head off, let me just say: We're still discussing this and many other issues privately. We discuss quite a bit amongst ourselves, every major issue that comes up gets covered and retread and talked over many times. Just because you may only see one admin's input in a given ban request does not mean the NA admins aren't working together as a team.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 08:30:52 pm »
That's irrelevant. Do you think that most people who voted for obama knew anything about his policy or what a wreck of a president they were voting for? No. They voted for him because he is black and that was enough reason for them. The same can be said with the unban essay. People will vote yes just because they like what someone wrote or because they played with the guy one time but that's okay. A vote is a vote and the reason behind the vote is irrelevant. I don't think the guy should be unbanned but the majority does and that's all there is to it.

Your argument is ridiculous. This isn't a national vote. The difference between that and this is the fact that we have the opportunity to look into it. A presidential vote does not have the ability to look into an event as close as we are able to as a community.

By your logic you're telling me that if I put up a permaban request against you, without knowing you or anything about you, and the request goes through, you will sit idly by and watch yourself get permabanned, because the hypothetical majority voted against you.