Poll

What do you think of the NA community?

The community is great
It is ok
Pretty bad but could be worse
Trolling bastards

Author Topic: State of the NA Community  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: State of the NA Community
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 09:57:51 am »
Visit both EU and NA in their respective prime times, is rather entertaining to compare. EU is a bit quieter (maybe due to language barriers, and certainly some cultural differences) but more trigger happy with the polls, other then that pretty much the same in all seriousness when it comes to general server behavior and trollery.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 10:02:18 am »
Maybe there are more NA players visiting EU servers in spite of super high pings then vica verca. Why? No clue. NAs have better cable power? They like the EUnglish? 

Other way around if anything, I know of a few EU players (including myself) who play 95% of the time on NA servers and I can't think of one NA player who does that with EU servers.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 10:37:44 am »
+1
I think the Community is fine. It's a shame Europeans and American players are so distant from one another. There's such backward views on both sides, it makes my head spin, but the sad part really comes from EU when they consistently dog on North Americans through the forums, or join our servers to talk shit on our country.

Really childish.

The NA community has a few dysfunctional members in it, but for the most part it's a pretty good group of people to be in. I don't know much about EU, I just picture them all having very very serious expressions while playing this game and looking something like this:

we went on na_1 yesterday and i must say chat wise its much better than EU, EU is full of serious hate and rage all the fucking time, NA seems more laid back and friendly for some reason

maybe im wrong but that was the impression i got ;p

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 10:47:59 am »
+4
Other way around if anything, I know of a few EU players (including myself) who play 95% of the time on NA servers and I can't think of one NA player who does that with EU servers.

If you live in a lush green valley, you wouldn't want to visit a barren wasteland often.

So why would you stay in a wasteland badplayer?
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 10:51:40 am »
+3
It varies widly.  Ive seen the community as amazing people who generally like the game and are having fun, and then Ive seen the acidic trolling jackassery that delight in ruining the game experience for others.  From people spouting random racism then cowering behind oh it was just a joke and wasnt racist at all, to people who intentionally try to get people to tk/grief them just to come here and post a ban thread.  The bi polar swings this community has is crazy sometimes, but overall its not the worst Ive ever played in.

TL:DR It changes day to day hour to hour.

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 11:10:24 am »
my first time impression of NA1 - nice people, no rage... and ping140 isnt that bad at all. But maybe it was so  becouse it was kinda late for NA and the more serious people on. But sometimes I like the random rage/trolling kids too. It wouldnt be half the fun without them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 06:12:32 pm »
Wait There's a chat in this game? :shock:

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 10:37:36 pm »
Too many veterans, big clique.

No complaints about in game, can't recall the last time I was grief'd.  Most people need thicker skins, admins included.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »
I agree clique thing is a bit beaten to death...  Although it doesnt really bother me, mostly because there cant be that much wrong with people that want to fight with sharp pieces of metal and sticks, rather than glowy fantasy BS. :)

The chat?  Theres always a bunch of a-holes in all online games that are desperate to sound cool while making complete fools of themselves, nothing new.

To someone who's never played games online, we'd look like complete nobs.  to someone whose played a few, when you cut through the surface bs,  its actually much better than most.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 03:47:32 pm »
+3
Too many veterans, big clique.

No complaints about in game, can't recall the last time I was grief'd.  Most people need thicker skins, admins included.

I'd say a 500 word essay on why it's not ok to talk about the admins on NA in an unsavory fashion on the public forums is in order here. I hope you learn you lesson and will think twice before crossing your pink text overlords again.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 04:02:24 pm »
+1
Eu4 is me trolling 95% of the time.

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 07:37:17 pm »
I'd say a 500 word essay on why it's not ok to talk about the admins on NA in an unsavory fashion on the public forums is in order here. I hope you learn you lesson and will think twice before crossing your pink text overlords again.

lol   :P