Author Topic: Concerning Jar's Ban length. (resolved?)  (Read 6387 times)

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
Re: Clear Admin Bias?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 07:40:10 pm »
Hey, I never saw anything in the rules that says you can't be a sperging blowhard.

got to read between the lines
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 07:41:06 pm »
I just asking for FAIRNESS. I said, that I understand Ganner MAY have just not cared to look up Jar's history, and COMPLETELY understand that. In my post, the only REASON I made this thread was entirely cause Ganner told me to fuk off. I wasn't attempting(he might see it that way now) to be a dick, but I only said to him "isn't your ban for jar a little to short for a repeat offender?"

But, I could be lieing my ass off and everyone would say, "Oh he's just a troll ignore him", But I would like to see SOMETHING of a statement why ganner made a (simple) mistake. A single, "Hey, I didn't realize that, but ban's going to stand, thank you for being a dick, now move along" and I'll shut up. Simple as that. Just Apologize and say you made a mistake. Is it so hard to do?
(click to show/hide)

Anders there are no defined rules about increasing severity of bans for repeat offenders (however you want to classify that).

There are admins making judgement calls as best as they can!

And then there are players requesting bans for others, calling the admin out on it when a decision is made and then being mad about the admin not friendly chit-chatting to them about it in game. Really man, how do you not get that?

It absolutely does not matter to me who the offenders are or who the admins are - in general this pitching admins against each other and making their lives miserable needs to stop or noone will do the job anymore!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
+1
You are right, yes. There are no defined rules about increasing ban severity, that's why repeat tkers get essay bans rather than 24h bans continually.

I agree, I'm going overboard here, but I just want ganner to say "Hey I don't care, He got banned, end of story", or "I didn't bother checking everything out, but I don't care anymore cause you is sperglord".

I think i need to shut up. I'd rather not start this "witch hunt" on ganner when it could just be a simple he doesn't care to look things up on his own. Admins do it for free, but they are STILL just as accountable as we are. Several admins had their powers stripped after breaking the rules, something that used to NOT happen when we had Community servers, and it's entirely good. Ganner is a good admin, and he makes mistakes, I'd just like his story on this. Perhaps I should have gone PMs first, but I'm a spergelord and my Shogun 2 not working atm.  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 07:47:06 pm »
Everyone calm the fuck down. This has been discussed in the admin forums since the original post of this thread.

Everything has been under evaluation since the inception of this thread.

Feel free to continue throwing insults back and forth though.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:10 pm »
+1
Everyone calm the fuck down. This has been discussed in the admin forums since the original post of this thread.

Everything has been under evaluation since the inception of this thread.

Feel free to continue throwing insults back and forth though.

Can ganner just come out and say "You is sperglord anders, now shut up?" I'd shut up then.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:35 pm »
+8
Daily NA drama thread.

Enjoy.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »

WAKE UP MAN!

This is a free online mod you are playing, with volunteer admins, getting NOTHING for the work they are doing. It's not the fucking supreme court with professional lawyers upholding rules ironed out over years with precedent cases and juries to support decision making!
crpg mod is SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!

There is no favoritism. There is no need to call out admins repeatedly if they are clearly trying to do the best they can. There is no need to try and pitch admins against each other.

There is just decisions made by people like you and me who do the best they can and are never being thanked for it.
I don't know about this instance but I'm sure favoritism exists in some or many admins...and there's nothing really wrong with that IMO because admins are PEOPLE too. As long as people are having fun fuck the rules and 'technicalities'. Really, why do some players care so much about what OTHER players are doing unless they are directly affected such as being tk'd or teamwounded? Me personally I couldn't care less if some players are 'valor farming' or even leeching. This isn't a 'job' so why don't some stop trying to treat it like one by having all these rigid rules. I couldn't care less if there is 'revenge' teamwounding/killing. Get a life people. This is a video GAME, don't ever take it too serious. The goal should be laughs and fun.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:56:29 pm by Lichen »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 07:51:11 pm »
Can ganner just come out and say "You is sperglord anders, now shut up?" I'd shut up then.

There are many people besides of Ganner who would like to say that to you, but are mostly too respectful, Anders.

If Ganner were to say it, who knows what floodgates he'd open. I'd say leave it at your civil discussion and veiled insults.

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 07:51:16 pm »
I've said it before and I will say it again. Admins should be rotated. No one person should remain admin for a long period of time. Power corrupts the weak. There should be a random selection of 5 new admins every 2 weeks or so. All bans should also need the public support. If someone hands out a ban and the community do not agree that the ban is valid then the ban given by the admin will be cut in half or something. Rep systems will need to used so that only good posters can take part in the ban threads and that trolls can't go in a ban thread and sabotage the admins attempt at banning someone.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:52:56 pm by larlek »

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 07:55:35 pm »
I've said it before and I will say it again. Admins should be rotated. No one person should remain admin for a long period of time. Power corrupts the weak. There should be a random selection of 5 new admins every 2 weeks or so. All bans should also need the public support. If someone hands out a ban and the community do not agree that the ban is valid then the ban given by the admin will be cut in half or something. Rep systems will need to used so that only good posters can take part in the ban threads and that trolls can't go in a ban thread and sabotage the admins attempt at banning someone.
and what happens in Troyicides case?

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 07:56:27 pm »
another nail in the coffin

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 07:56:42 pm »
+2
There are many people besides of Ganner who would like to say that to you, but are mostly too respectful, Anders.

If Ganner were to say it, who knows what floodgates he'd open. I'd say leave it at your civil discussion and veiled insults.

I've been trying not to be a dick. I Sincerely apologize to ganner if he feels I've offended him.

Sorry Ganner.

@ idlewild: Screw off go troll somewhere else.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 07:58:24 pm »
+4
pretty weak comebacks by Chaos, obviously because their member didnt get a HARSHER sentence for being a repeat offender.  Jar knows the rules, has been banned for it before, he should be getting 3 days to a week for being a fuckhead again

It's either favoritism or an admin not looking at the past offenses of the player.  Both are inexcusable. 

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with this being brought up, unless they have a personal interest in it.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »
+2
Remember that admins are still people. We have biases and preferences.

Being an admin is a service, not a privilege. We try to remain indifferent to the issues at hand, but we are still players in the community.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »
+6
wow only 24 hours for repeat offender? lol my second ban was for 3 days and the next was for 5 days.
I don't like anders at all but he's good at what hes does and brings up a good point with this thread.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:00:45 pm by Goretooth »

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning