Author Topic: OP Sidesword  (Read 7865 times)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: OP Sidesword
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:43 pm »
Not sure how anyone is saying 1 handers are weak, my char with the heaviest armor I have of all my other guys get killed in 2 sidesword hits, the sidesword is also stupidly fast, and the 1 handers animation are bonker, they can just hide their weapon behind their shield and you'll barely have any time to react, the left to right animation is also conveniently the fastest AND aimed at the head, made a sword and boarder sometimes ago, tried the steel pick, was killing black armor users in 2 hits with 4 PS because of left to right.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 08:39:39 pm »
One weapon doesn't balance an entire spec line.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 08:54:21 pm »
Fine, start nitpicking.

Let me rephrase that, every high-top tier 1 handers will kill me in 2 hits wearing my heaviest armor.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 09:03:58 pm »
You compare the cheaper 2h with the expensive 1h. Try this Light Spiked Club 20 pierce...
Sidesword vs. Cookies/Poleaxe = 32 vs 40, that makes some difference (+50% or more damage against armor).

How am I comparing cheap 2h vs expensive 1h?

Were did I mention cut damage in my post? please show me.

Steel pick has nearly same damage of a 2h/pole piercing weapon while being able to use a shield.

Warhammer has very little difference in damage of a 2h/pole blunt weapon while being able to use a shield.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »

Steel pick has nearly same damage of a 2h/pole piercing weapon while being able to use a shield.

Warhammer has very little difference in damage of a 2h/pole blunt weapon while being able to use a shield.

Compare range then.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2011, 04:54:44 am »

Do I really need to say the prices? steel pick 7k (5th best) Morningstar 4k (almost "peasant weapon").
You may complain that 1h has top tier blunt while 2h only gets top tier swords but that certainly doesn't mean 1h weapons on general  aren't doing only 2/3 or 1/2 the damage of their 2h counterparts.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2011, 05:11:52 am »
Pretty sure 1handers are not meant to do the same damage as 2 handers.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2011, 08:23:43 am »
Pretty sure 1handers are not meant to do the same damage as 2 handers.

i am pretty sure 2h are not supposed to be faster than 1h but here a german sword  is faster than  any  1h+shield, or you wanna compare swing a steel pick of what 1kg? maybe less, vs  a 2hander of 10kg ?       

also 2handers  make hits true the ground, thats why many 2hander look down when turning around and hitting your legs

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 08:54:32 am »
Lol Vicious... show me a 2h that weighs 10kg (except Mauls). A normal 2h weighs around 2kg, maybe 2.5. Wielded with 2 arms, there is way more power behind as there would be with 1h. Kinetic Energy comes from speed, you can wield a lightweight 2h faster than a lightweight 1h, which means there's more dmg from the 2h. So no, 1h should not be able to do as much dmg as a 2h weapon in general. The problem is, if both player slash at the same time, the 2h just has the advantage of range, that's why his hits almost always connect earlier.
As you said though, most 2h seem to aim for the feet instead of the head, opposite to 1h, who almost always have to aim for the head. That makes up for the difference in damage dealing.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 09:25:26 am »
thats why many 2hander look down when turning around and hitting your legs
I tend to hit the legs but it is not on purpose, it is because of the position of  the camera. I see the action better from above my character and this makes him strike low.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 09:54:04 am »
I tend to hit the legs because I'm getting spammed by thrusts I have to block, so after awhile I'm just looking straight at the ground since I forget/don't have time to re-adjust my camera.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »
no you hit legs becouse game is bugged

your sword swing true the ground, and hit by exiting from the ground again.     is a sort of collision exploit.     

you wanna say to me that  you can swing this sword :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfLZozBVpM                              (is what in game  we call flamberge)

faster than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhknaG9ifbs&feature=related

(is a military hammer  of similar size  and lenght of a steel pick   with a pirce edge on 1 side)

any 1h weapon is faster to swing than a big 2h sword.     expecial after first swing, where you need to recover from all weight and inertia. (much more difficoult with a 2h )   

in crpg        stand still, swinging       2h  outspam  1h
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:21:06 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 12:22:18 pm »
Yeah you can. Momentum and shit.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »
Do I really need to say the prices? steel pick 7k (5th best) Morningstar 4k (almost "peasant weapon").
You may complain that 1h has top tier blunt while 2h only gets top tier swords but that certainly doesn't mean 1h weapons on general  aren't doing only 2/3 or 1/2 the damage of their 2h counterparts.

Yes morningstar is cheaper but what about the bec? Oh and high price doesn't mean balanced.

Like previously said a 1h has the advantage of a shield meaning right click and block (Yes he must turn bla bla like everyone) meaning a 1her has more defense at the cost of less reach and damage since he's wielding it with 1 hand.

2h on the other hand use often a light weapon with 2 hands to have better speed and damage BUT at the cost of protection.

So tell me why a 1h weapon needs almost same damage of two handed weapons?

Yes these 2 are shorter but that doesn't justify the warhammer having 31 blunt, knockdown AND 99 speed and steel pick 31 pierce 100 speed it's not balanced, the 1h animations hide the weapons and short weapons specially thin weapons like the steel pick are very hard to see some of the times thanks to it's speed and length.

These fast 2h blunt weapons have unbalanced (Tough long iron mace doesn't seem that unbalanced to me as it looks pretty balanced for it's shape) apart of the short spiked mace which imo is not so good but whatever it has less damage at least so their damage should be justified as it's harder to fight with an unbalanced weapon.

And to conclude this till some 1hers complain again, you CAN'T say x thing is balanced because it costs the most see the flamberge and most high tier in the 2h/pole sections every patch some of them gets nerfed yet the flamberge is still the highest in price but I don't see it having ridiculous stats.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2011, 12:38:40 pm »
Either dmg or spd is gonna need a reduction of 3 maybe have a poll to see which?