Author Topic: OP Sidesword  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: OP Sidesword
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 04:31:43 pm »
The only way to get a hit on a 2h/polearmguy for a 1h is that the 2h/polearmguy makes a mistake.

The only way to kill a 2h/polearmguy for a 1h man is that the 2h/polearmguy makes many mistakes, because a 1h doesnt do much damage.
My girl has 7 power strike and I cant kill an unarmored guy with 1 hit, doesnt matter if I use Long Espada or the so called overpowered Side Sword.

The only weapons I can 1 hit kill unarmored ppl are small sabre like weapons, but their reach isnt much, so 2h/polearm guy can keep running away from me/ staying out of my reach.

The only reason why 1h can beat 2h/polearm in 1 vs 1 is because most 2h/polearmguys are offense players, they have not much defense skill.
Sounds weird, but its true, shielders are forced to block manuell more than 2h/polearm, so they are used to it and usually better in it.

Lastly, I would bet that no dedicated 2h/polearm would get more kills with a turtler.
He will get much less kills with 1h/turtler.

And dont tell me some shit I was level 1 and killed someone........I was level 1 and killed 2 people (and only one was a peasant) with 1shield but that doesnt mean its easy.

You have to compare equal things, and what I can say is that my 2h/polechars were more effective at level 20 than my shieldmaiden is now at level 30.

So the argument I dont get much kills with 1hshield cos I suck doesnt work. When and if I suck here, I do with 2h/polearm, too, but for some reason I get plenty of kills with them.......even with my dedicated lancer, no armor, no athletics, no weapon master, I picked up a great long axe and spammed down a group of 5 enemies. Silly.

Ah and yes, I prefer the Long Espada Eslavona. Its not the best weapon against other shielders, its damage is ridiculous, but its reach gives my the option to kill crushthroughnoobs, and even some 2h/polearm spammers - need 4 or more hits but the bit more damage the side sword has doesnt make a big difference, 1hs damage is not much, thats the main prob of this class.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »
The only way to get a hit on a 2h/polearmguy for me is that the 2h/polearmguy makes a mistake.

Fix'd
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 06:55:35 pm »
The only way to kill a 2h/polearmguy for a 1h man is that the 2h/polearmguy makes many mistakes, because a 1h doesnt do much damage.

the side sword has doesnt make a big difference, 1hs damage is not much, thats the main prob of this class.

You know that this is bullshit, right?
Well, guys like you QQ-d, we got nerfed, you got a speed buff. Now you want a damage buff too? Jesus.

Just like I and Vibe said: Take a good look at the Ru_Conquista group. Your opinion will change about that damage.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:49:52 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 07:40:55 pm »
60 prof, 5 PS? Errrr... what do you expect?

Damage?  I switch to the longsword with 5ps and 0 prof and suddenly I can damage people in melee again.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 08:30:26 pm »
It's'well known that 1h weapons do less damage, but...

Well there is no problem with that, you can't have all in one class.
1h+SHIELD is a defensive class, you can't have protection and damages, some kind of balance...

Also 2h/pole are offensive class, good damage but less protection (against ranged) and manual block. Balance again...

This is the base of cRPG, no, the base of Warband.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »
1h should have lower damage but slowly with the new weapons implemented the gap of 2h damage and 1h is always getting thinner.

When steel pick has 33 pierce and morningstar 38 only 5 difference.
When warhammer 31 blunt and bar mace/long iron mace have 33 to 35 blunt 2 to 4 difference.

Yea nice gap between the 2 weapon styles...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:56:32 pm by Vexus »

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 09:14:15 pm »
1h should have lower damage but slowly with the new weapons implemented the gap of 2h damage and 1h is always getting thinner.

When warhammer 31 blunt and bar mace/long iron mace have 33 to 35 blunt 2 to 4 difference.

yeah, my brother uses 3x heirloomed steel pick
Gen3= 102spd 39pierce
kills pretty much anything in 2-3 hits, 1 if head

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 09:20:45 pm »
thats more then awlpike =/

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2011, 09:23:10 pm »

I point you to armor formula, and most important thing, SOAK. Soak reduce damage by set amount Armor value*corresponding soak (type of damage dependent)*pseudorandom number between 0.5 and 1.

In other words difference between 29c and 34c could be as high as between having to hit 5 times and 2 times
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:25:58 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2011, 06:29:41 am »
problem of sidesword like i explained to fasader in a pm

is that  have same dmg of slower  swords like sarranid or nordic but is also faster  removing the sense to use other swords

sarranid? more reach  good dmg,  but slower
eslavona? good  reach+ top pierce dmg,  but lower  dmg overall than others, speed  medium
sidesword?   only 5-6 cm less than others in terms of reach , but faster , with more dmg than eslavona, and same dmg of others.
nordic?    slower,   not bigger reach than others.   not top dmg, no top speed.  (most gimped sword)

so my idea was  remove 3 dmg from sidesword make it remains the faster.     and make the champion the sword with more dmg so have a sense
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:32:41 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 06:37:55 am »
thats more then awlpike =/

at 1/3 of his reach

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 09:41:35 am »
Pfff... l2p. I usually beat even Masterwork Side Sword users (1h/shield) with my MW NCS, even on a 24/15 build. It all comes down to timing and knowing how to use it. When I face another skilled 1h/shielder with a MW SS, I'm usually screwed though xP. Then I'll either have to try and chamber, or just run away (0 athletics ftw!) and get an easier opponent xD
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 12:02:12 pm »
I specced DimaUrban yesterday. He was running around with a steel pick, performing left to right swings as he ran through the enemy lines. He mostly made headhits, killing in 1 or 2 hits tops.

With enough agility, a MW steel pick is far more broken than a MW sidesword. The agility makes up for the range and with a 15/21 build you have 7 athletics, 150+ wpf and 5 PS with a 100 speed (or 101, I forgot) 39 pierce damage weapon.
It will never bounce, hits earlier in the swing due to the shape of the weapon AND it pierces through armour. Even with 4 PS and 24 agility you will be deadly.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2011, 01:30:58 pm »
Steel pick
weight 2.25
requirement 12
spd rtng 100
weapon length 64
swing damage 33, pierce
thrust damage 0 pierce
Gen1= 100spd 36pierce
Gen2= 102spd 36pierce
Gen3= 102spd 39pierce

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2011, 06:38:44 pm »

You compare the cheaper 2h with the expensive 1h. Try this Light Spiked Club 20 pierce...
Sidesword vs. Cookies/Poleaxe = 32 vs 40, that makes some difference (+50% or more damage against armor).