Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 11064 times)

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2012, 02:01:51 pm »
I liked the ending. its that element of thinking after 3 games you had the whole thing figured out, in comes god child screws you over with adding another layer of complexness.
It bieng left on a cliffhanger is no different from fallout 3, and as many have speculated and im inclined to agree was the entire end sequence is shepard fighting against reaper indoctrination (subtle hints about that).

Everything will be made clear in dlc im sure and i know alot of people will rage about that but its nice to get meaningful dlc for a change.

GK wisdom speaking hear listen to it closely.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 02:55:02 pm »
+1
This should be required reading. This article outlines people's complaints perfectly and in a fairly objective manner. Not the 'me3 fans are spoilt brats' spiel that IGN has been spitting out.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »
meh article everyones thinking in black and white in relation to the ending, look closer there are subtle hints that suggest that the ending is false, watch the ending sequence starting from when you get knocked down. there are also other hints throughout the game. im damn near 99.9 % sure that the ending is a case of indoctrination.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 07:35:43 pm »
Then i still miss the "You have failed" screen.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2012, 01:01:49 am »
False or not, it's a complete farce and a waste of people's time either way. It should have ended as Shepard pushes the console to open up the citadel, followed by an end cinematic and some epilogue text describing the outcome of your decisions ala Dragon Age. As it is now it's either "thx for playing, sux d00d" or "lol you have to wait for the DLC in the coming months."

There was not nearly enough Jack in this game to justify all this bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:04:50 am by bilwit »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: ME3 Deleted Ending Scene
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »

http://www.me3finalhours.com/

The real story behind the Mass Effect saga is finally revealed!

Geoff Keighley (host of Spike’s GTTV) takes you inside BioWare to meet the team behind Mass Effect including director Casey Hudson. Meet the people behind this legendary game franchise and discover the untold stories about its creation over the past 9 years. The 15,000 word feature story is accompanied by extensive interactive features, video interviews with Hudson and lead writer Mac Walters, never-before-seen art and details that will get every Mass Effect fan talking.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No doubt they'll go for the Indoctrination route as an explanation for the ending, why else delete this scene unless it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:02:10 pm by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:46 am »
- complex dialogs. cut down to 2 choices, because it's cheaper, and won't affect sales numbers drastically.

:cry:

I... But that is the reason why I loved ME1 and ME2...

Someone say chadz is exaggerating, please  :cry:

Piffle sniffle...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline GreasySausageSandwhich

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Flint_Beastwood, GreasySausageSandwhich, NFL_QB_AaronRodgers, etc.
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2012, 07:27:31 am »
(click to show/hide)
I think there be DLC a-comin'.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »
+3
GODDAMIT PENNY ARCADE

the guys from penny arcade know some of the devs from Bioware and spoiled the fucking ending
(click to show/hide)
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2012, 01:14:48 am »
Spoilering just in case someone doesn't want to read the ending.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2012, 03:47:14 am »
Big but worth it.

(click to show/hide)

O and more importantly:

There’s been a lot of discussion and debate about the conclusion of Mass Effect 3, so I thought I’d share my  perspective with you here. I’ll avoid outright spoilers, but I’d still recommend finishing the game and experiencing it for yourself before reading this. 

For the last eight years, Mass Effect  has been a labor of love for our team; love for the characters we’ve created, for the medium of video games, and for the fans that have supported us.  For us and for you, Mass Effect 3 had to live up to a lot of expectations, not only for a great gaming experience, but for a resolution to the countless storylines and decisions you’ve made as a player since the journey began in 2007. So we designed Mass Effect 3 to be a series of endings to key plots and storylines, each culminating in scenes that show you the consequences of your actions.  You then carry the knowledge of these consequences with you as you complete the final moments of your journey.

We always intended that the scale of the conflict and the underlying theme of sacrifice would lead to a bittersweet ending—to do otherwise would betray the agonizing decisions Shepard had to make along the way.  Still, we wanted to give players the chance to experience an inspiring and uplifting ending; in a story where you face a hopeless struggle for basic survival, we see the final moments and imagery as offering victory and hope in the context of sacrifice and reflection.

We've had some incredibly positive reactions to Mass Effect 3, from the New York Times declaring it “a gripping, coherent triumph”, to Penny Arcade calling it “an amazing accomplishment”, to emails and tweets from players who have given us the most profound words of appreciation we've ever received.   

But we also recognize that some of our most passionate fans needed more closure, more answers, and more time to say goodbye to their stories—and these comments are equally valid. Player feedback such as this has always been an essential ingredient in the development of the series.

I am extremely proud of what this team has accomplished, from the first art concepts for the Mass Effect universe to the final moments of Mass Effect 3.  But we didn't do it on our own.  Over the course of the series, Mass Effect has been a shared experience between the development team and our fans—not just a shared experience in playing the games, but in designing and developing them.  An outpouring of love for Garrus and Tali led to their inclusion as love interests in Mass Effect 2.  A request for deeper RPG systems led to key design changes in Mass Effect 3.  Your feedback has always mattered.  Mass Effect is a collaboration between developers and players, and we continue to listen.

So where do we go from here? Throughout the next year, we will support Mass Effect 3 by working on new  content.  And we’ll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be. This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard. 

We look forward to your continued support and involvement as we work together to shape the remaining experiences in the story of the Mass Effect trilogy.

Thanks for taking this journey with us.

Casey Hudson

So basically he doesn't really say anything.

Funny...it's reached full release and now the Japanese fans have added their concerns over the ending. I wonder how long they can deflect the issue.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:57:46 am by Overdriven »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2012, 07:15:59 am »
I suppose you are being sarcastic. I have never ever before seen someone clutching at straws like this. You are simply converting plot holes into a full fletched game studio conspiracy theory.

So I just finished the game, and of course it's not all bad. If it were standalone, with no predecessors to live up to, it would have been ok-ish.

But here is the problem: you can clearly see that it's the last episode of a trilogy. you can see the financial decisions in the background so obviously it hurts.
- complex dialogs. cut down to 2 choices, because it's cheaper, and won't affect sales numbers drastically.
- amount of different skills. cut down, because it's cheaper, and won't affect sales numbers drastically.
- amount of decisions that change the gameplay. cut down, because it's cheaper, and won't affect sales numbers drastically.
- mini games / side quests. cut down, because it's cheaper, and won't affect sales numbers drastically.
- decisions affecting the endings. Maybe it's Hey we now make a genious ending to this game. However, we cover it up entirely and let the player dream a shit ending. We can then laugh at all the stupid guys who don't get it. And eventually we release the REAL ENDING for free just to show everyone that they were wrong!
or maybe it was more like
(click to show/hide)

It's a perfectly rational decision. It's a trilogy, they don't give a fuck if you liked the last one or not. The cash cow has come to an end. Also, I don't think it's bioware to blame here (fully), they are controlled by EA, and EA says cut spendings while keeping income stable. Perfectly rational. Although they probably didn't expect a backfire like this.

(And apart from that, the only ending I can think of that's worse than the current one [whatever color], is the most cliche one: IT WAS ALL A DREAM! WHAT YOU SAW HAD AS MUCH MEANING AS ANY FANFIC! It's completely open what really happened! For all you know, you could be the boy in a school class in london in 2012 that fell asleep durig physics class and made up ME1-ME3 in his head! Just provide a schoolbell sound at the end via 10$ DLC and we're set!)

The worst Indian Jones film made the most money. The forth one. Once you know an enterprise like this is going to end you really don't have to try. Games and movies have 1 major thing in common, nearly all the money you make on AAA films/titles comes in the first 1-2 weeks. After that its a dribble of cash that no one cares about.

Basically the first game needs to be good and if possible the second one needs to be great and then you just don't have to give a shit about the third. Valve seem to be one of the few big companies bucking that trend but then again its been a fucking long time between drinks. ie where is my third fucking episode you fucking FUCKS!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2012, 06:38:44 am »
So long as we are speculating towards the endings and what they meant.

] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYgr1rqEec&feature=endscreen&NR=1]
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2012, 09:50:28 pm »
A good laugh about the ME3 ending

the name of the video is
Mass Effect 3 - Ending Movie Comparison - All the Colors

If you don't want to be spoiled, don't watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA
The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2012, 03:16:01 pm »
dont watch if you dont wanna see spoilers.

best indoctrination theory videos out there :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghjn7_Byc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck