Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 11061 times)

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2012, 11:44:26 am »
+2
this:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2012, 09:28:21 am »
The sad thing is this has more to do with the fact that christian homophobes have been hating mass effect for the implementation of gay relationships, rather than EA just being an ignorant bitch.

But still, well deserved #1, congratulations.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2012, 12:10:47 pm »
O btw:

An official press release went out today announcing how we are re-prioritizing the Mass Effect 3 post release content schedule to provide a more fleshed out experience for our fans. For many of you the "Extended Cut" will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it's at no cost to you - the fan.

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn't:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?
For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard's journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?
No. BioWare strongly believes in the team's artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?
BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?
Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?
Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard's story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2012, 12:20:54 pm »
Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard's story.

Lol, no way no how they'll admit they fucked up the game, eh?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:51 pm »
Lol, no way no how they'll admit they fucked up the game, eh?

Course not, it would be bad business strategy  :P

There's a lot of arguments about how ME3 can't really be considered art as well so Bioware can basically shove their artistic integrity up their arse.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2012, 12:48:06 pm »
Dark days ahead for EA and Bioware.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2012, 01:00:19 pm »
EA continues to push the bounds of what’s acceptable to gamers, and their winning this poll is an indicator they’ve gone too far. But the next marker must be a decrease in sales, or else all the rage is for nothing.

Everyone bitches about their games but they keep buying them. Gamers are that stupid. Look at the Madden NFL franchise: it's a complete joke that they put out essentially the same game year after year with the same bugs and shuffling of new/old features and everyone who plays whines about it, but they're still the ones that will be buying it the very next year. EA doesn't care about bad press or feedback because they know that people are dumb enough to keep paying. Everyone bitching about Mass Effect will still buy the DLC, thus proving this correct. They know exactly what they're doing.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2012, 01:15:50 pm »
+1
Everyone bitches about their games but they keep buying them. Gamers are that stupid. Look at the Madden NFL franchise: it's a complete joke that they put out essentially the same game year after year with the same bugs and shuffling of new/old features and everyone who plays whines about it, but they're still the ones that will be buying it the very next year. EA doesn't care about bad press or feedback because they know that people are dumb enough to keep paying. Everyone bitching about Mass Effect will still buy the DLC, thus proving this correct. They know exactly what they're doing.

Sad but true. As for me, I'm not buying EA games anymore, I'll gladly pirate any that looks decent enough to play, but they won't get a single cent out of me until they change their shit.

Offline tyranoid

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2012, 05:05:36 am »
>>2012 not pirating every single game before buying

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2012, 05:17:51 am »
Watch and laugh at the stupidity of these people in the crowd...the Bioware panel at Pax:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHYV4QDYcYo&context=C45a95e4ADvjVQa1PpcFPF8jd0qVTiqyAdk-W0nmDwE5OXSJvAWWQ=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq7083558a4&feature=context&context=C45a95e4ADvjVQa1PpcFPF8jd0qVTiqyAdk-W0nmDwE5OXSJvAWWQ=

I didn't watch past the second one (there are 4) as it's pretty much just 'zomg look at what an awesome job we did' mixed with stumbling questions which were obviously planted and chosen specifically for their ease. But to sum up this is what it entailed:

- Sweetening the crowd for a few minutes with some 'banter'
- Announcement of standard multiplayer DLC (maps, characters and weapons) with a trailer. Pretty boring stuff.
- Bioware answering 'selected' questions posed earlier by the community which were piss easy for them to answer.
- Sticking by their not changing the ending policy with the usual bullshit answers.
- Insisting that the stock photo they based Tali's face on is something they do all the time. They then preceded to get the model they used for Samaras face to stand up in the crowd (she was in cosplay Samara outfit) and insist it's the same thing, even though it's obviously not.
(click to show/hide)
- Pretty much refusing to comment on the indoctrination theory
- Banging on about how ME3 required double the work of the other games and listing as many statistics as they could pull out their arses.
- Some useless questions from the crowd.

The entire thing was the expected farce and naturally there's already a lot of people pissed off over it. It just seems like they've made things worse as a result. Anyway here's an article which describes it pretty well:
http://www.reddit.com/tb/ry71d
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:22:53 am by Overdriven »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2012, 07:08:54 am »
Bleh, a reminder of the death of one of my favorite series of all time, Populous... Bugger...

Now I am sad...

Excuse me while I fire it back up again... One of them...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.