Author Topic: archery..  (Read 50992 times)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: archery..
« Reply #885 on: May 07, 2012, 02:18:32 pm »
I have carefully read all the posts in this thread again and deduced that archery needs a nerf.

I play shielder like 1 month allready, what i can say it is pretty easy, much more easy then archery( i speak about eu1) So what i think noloomed archers need a bit buff
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #886 on: May 07, 2012, 04:17:29 pm »
+3
so it's settled then; archery should be buffed and nerfed simultaneously.

Good work team
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Herpderp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 07, 2012, 10:00:28 pm »
+3
Considering that you think archery was fine for you when it was grossly overpowered and that you average 1 kill per map now that it's more balanced, you've not realized yet that you're a terrible archer? You were able to get a lot of kills because of the easiness of the class back in the day but now that it requires an ounce of skill you're doing horrible. Do the math. :)

Yea I'm a terrible archer because someone can take 5 arrows to the chest and sometimes the arrows even glance with 6pd as a dedicated hornbow archer, but I can hit him over the head 3 times with my mace and it kills someone wearing heavy armour? You can't say "well just headshot lol" because of how inaccurate you are even with 7 wm. If I wanted to just close range shoot I'd go crossbow, which requires no wpf and does a ton of damage per shot, someone spec'd in xbow can reload faster then a longbow with a light xbow and do twice as much damage.... in piercing. Even throwing is a better option. That brings it to what someone said earlier how the bow sucks too much to have as a primary weapon, which is what it should be. Not only because that's how bows are supposed to work but that you can't even go hybrid with a bow because of how much worse off you are unless you go dedicated archer.

The only people who saw bows as overpowered were the same people who agreed with all the other patches. "Lets make agi builds not viable since bows suck now anyway, now we can crutch on STR builds with reduced armour prices while archers need to spend their entire upkeep on a bow and bodkins that do barely any damage and are inaccurate." Congrats your QQing has removed all skilled archers from the game now you can complain about something else that effects STR builds more like cav or throwers. I'm not going to tell you my in game name either, but a long time ago I was definitely one of the better if not the best archers. One with actual gamesense, aim, and who knew how to pick targets. Too bad all of that now is pointless, because people would prefer to have archer being a spam class with the only skill being in how well you can run away from a fight.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #888 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:34 pm »
Did missile speed get nerfed the last weeks ? I was taking a break and now my Longbow feels like a slow hornbow ... Also hitboxes and ghost arrows are now fucked up as never before.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 07, 2012, 10:08:44 pm »
Did missile speed get nerfed the last weeks ? I was taking a break and now my Longbow feels like a slow hornbow ... Also hitboxes and ghost arrows are now fucked up as never before.
You were just headshotting everyone on the rageball server 1-2 hour ago, so shut up :P

Yea I'm a terrible archer because someone can take 5 arrows to the chest and sometimes the arrows even glance with 6pd as a dedicated hornbow archer, but I can hit him over the head 3 times with my mace and it kills someone wearing heavy armour? You can't say "well just headshot lol" because of how inaccurate you are even with 7 wm. If I wanted to just close range shoot I'd go crossbow, which requires no wpf and does a ton of damage per shot, someone spec'd in xbow can reload faster then a longbow with a light xbow and do twice as much damage.... in piercing. Even throwing is a better option. That brings it to what someone said earlier how the bow sucks too much to have as a primary weapon, which is what it should be. Not only because that's how bows are supposed to work but that you can't even go hybrid with a bow because of how much worse off you are unless you go dedicated archer.

The only people who saw bows as overpowered were the same people who agreed with all the other patches. "Lets make agi builds not viable since bows suck now anyway, now we can crutch on STR builds with reduced armour prices while archers need to spend their entire upkeep on a bow and bodkins that do barely any damage and are inaccurate." Congrats your QQing has removed all skilled archers from the game now you can complain about something else that effects STR builds more like cav or throwers. I'm not going to tell you my in game name either, but a long time ago I was definitely one of the better if not the best archers. One with actual gamesense, aim, and who knew how to pick targets. Too bad all of that now is pointless, because people would prefer to have archer being a spam class with the only skill being in how well you can run away from a fight.
Exactly my thoughts. Can't agree more.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #890 on: May 07, 2012, 10:16:43 pm »

^this

My main was originally an archer, I have an archer character that I've gotten to level 29 twice and respecc'd twice and is currently 24 and a HA.  Archery as it is is functional, but it's not balanced to get as many kills as other classes.  It's pretty much a support class to the infantry. 
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #891 on: May 08, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »
Drink menu of the day:
(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #892 on: May 08, 2012, 03:58:06 pm »
+2
Hahaha all of those looked legit except Sperm.

"Suprise"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqyjOc3EpT4

"Excellent, naughty."
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 08, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »
^this

My main was originally an archer, I have an archer character that I've gotten to level 29 twice and respecc'd twice and is currently 24 and a HA.  Archery as it is is functional, but it's not balanced to get as many kills as other classes.  It's pretty much a support class to the infantry.
You don't need to say that, your avatar explains it all.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 08, 2012, 09:21:04 pm »
I just played some DTV then switched to rageball. Something is really fucked up here. You devs messed with the missile physics in rageball didnt you ? It feels like a general - 30 % arrow speed nerf on rageball.

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: UncountedSauce
« Reply #895 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:22 pm »
   Melee just suck now. Theyre so used to being the most powerful that they panic when they are against a good ranged. They are used to taking 5 7 arrows and tanking them while still running them down and slaughtering them. Although melee is a fun class, its hardly for the intelligent. No thought needs to be put it when your fighting, mostly muscle nemory, intuition. Melee requires attaking and blocking skill.
   Archery involves muscle memory, intuition, placement, distance, arrow drop, enemy speed... yadayadayada... Archery requires different skill that most melee are incapable of understanding.
   As it seems to me, they are whining because they want this game to be brainless, there have been many solutions to beating an archer, most havent tried them and still cry. The few that tried the new techniques need to practice them.

meh...

+1 for melee intelligence buff
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:12:36 pm by Siberian_Wolf »
Even the brightest of stars fade in time...

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #896 on: May 09, 2012, 10:16:23 pm »
 :rolleyes:
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 09, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »
:rolleyes:
This is why archery will not be nerfed.

Pro nerf arguement:  :rolleyes:

While I, who is for Archery staying the same, Acually put an arguement.

Bobthehero is pro melee.

PS: I dont want an Archery buff. I just want them to not be nerfed.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 09, 2012, 10:32:51 pm »
This is why archery will not be nerfed.

Pro nerf arguement:  :rolleyes:

While I, who is for Archery staying the same, Acually put an arguement.

Bobthehero is pro melee.

PS: I dont want an Archery buff. I just want them to not be nerfed.

I think he posted that smiley because everything you wrote are well known facts, which actually do not need to be written down ever again because everyone already knows it. Its like writing that you can block with rmb. But you did a nice job on summarizing again none the less.

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 09, 2012, 10:36:54 pm »
I think he posted that smiley because everything you wrote are well known facts, which actually do not need to be written down ever again because everyone already knows it. Its like writing that you can block with rmb. But you did a nice job on summarizing again none the less.

A stubborn nail must be hit repeatedly.