Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53328 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: archery..
« Reply #690 on: April 18, 2012, 05:00:50 am »
+6
Tell me to get a shield and I will shove one of them up your arse...

I dont want your GLA to hurt me when you swing it, but I dont want to block it, or avoid it, can you just have the damage from it brought down and down and down pls, and make it so when you swing it sometimes it just misses the air infront of you, like swings around your head in a helix upwards, pls.

Good argument mate.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #691 on: April 19, 2012, 01:15:03 am »
I dont want your GLA to hurt me when you swing it, but I dont want to block it, or avoid it, can you just have the damage from it brought down and down and down pls, and make it so when you swing it sometimes it just misses the air infront of you, like swings around your head in a helix upwards, pls.

Good argument mate.

Atleast you didn't tell me to get a shield dude... But I gotta tell you to stop before I start picking the right shield to fit your...

Just make it so that your hornbow shoots only flowers and candy at me.
(click to show/hide)

But to be serious I now say what I was trying to say differently in my previous post:

People should be able to play this game even without shield. If ranged is well balanced, you are not going to be arrowraped to your GTX every time you connect the server. (Not the case currently... Luckily)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:16:33 am by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #692 on: April 19, 2012, 02:26:00 pm »
its not as much their damage as it is their kiting ability. imo any kind of movement should cancel the nocking and there should be a bigger and longer movement penalty after shooting (making it easier for chasing inf to catch up)

archers should be able to shoot or run
not both

edit: canceling the nocking might be a bit drastic but movement speed with a nocked arrow should be drastically reduced, more than it already is.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:28:16 pm by kono yaro! »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #693 on: April 19, 2012, 08:41:59 pm »
+2
If you move while aiming, your reticule opens so wide that you can't accurately shoot unless infantry is 5 feet away, and they auto-stun you closer than that. Archers can't run away from a horse, and a shielder's magnet keeps most foot/head shots from working. Get a horse or get a shield, or get agility and athletics, or hide behind the buildings and trees that are all over nearly every map, or even (shocking concept), stay with YOUR ranged and protect them from infantry and backstabbing couched cavalry while they focus on ENEMY ranged. Whatever you choose, quit crying in your gruel.  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:56:21 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #694 on: April 20, 2012, 01:06:26 am »
If you move while aiming, your reticule opens so wide that you can't accurately shoot unless infantry is 5 feet away, and they auto-stun you closer than that. Archers can't run away from a horse, and a shielder's magnet keeps most foot/head shots from working. Get a horse or get a shield, or get agility and athletics, or hide behind the buildings and trees that are all over nearly every map, or even (shocking concept), stay with YOUR ranged and protect them from infantry and backstabbing couched cavalry while they focus on ENEMY ranged. Whatever you choose, quit crying in your gruel.  :rolleyes:

yes ofc. any criticism of archery is obviously because we all suck so much. got it. brilliant argument.

neeeeext

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:35 am »
+1
yes ofc. any criticism of archery is obviously because we all suck so much. got it. brilliant argument.

neeeeext

Noone is debating your muscle memory skills at blocking and attacking, but Rumblood is correct: If melee camp 5 paces behind ranged and sit there, waiting to negate threats from cav and enemu inf. then you allow your ranged to be superffective. Unfortunatly most infantry zergs like a twat forwards, gets shot and cries. There are 5 minutes a round, dont be in such a hurry :D
I don't know enough

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #696 on: April 20, 2012, 07:39:44 am »
+2
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 20, 2012, 07:44:43 am »
arrowraped to your GTX every time you connect the server. (Not the case currently... Luckily)
i RQ and switch server 200 times a day because of this.
nerf archery
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 20, 2012, 09:45:13 am »

(click to show/hide)
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07:32 am »
I support a slight archery buff as well. That way, the shielders will be buffed and cavalry will be nerfed a bit automatically and everything will be fine. What I mean is, for non-loomed archery. Loomed archery seems balanced enough to me already.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #700 on: April 20, 2012, 12:00:46 pm »
A slight point you guys might be missing:
Can it not be that what you feel as loomed archery is not really overpowered, but to get those items you need to be an archer for around 6 gens and thus have a lot of xp and be able to shoot decently?
Example: a MW rus bow does no the same damage as a long bow, but with better accuracy and shoot speed, according to http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/ The total damage increase is of +5 (+3 from bow, +2 from arrow). Melee weapons receive +3 damage (unless very powerful, such as great maul (+4).
However, a bows accuracy increases only by +2, so it effectively increases by -1 from the bow damage (i dont know if arrow damage reduces accuracy as well, if it does this is -3!).
So you get a more damaging, less accurate, with slightly higher missile speed (+3).
To do this, however, you have to spend twice as many gens as any melee (maybe shielders not) to get a slightly higher advantage. In this 3 gens, the melee can get a +3 armor, which, for mail and above (what most people use) is +5 (at least, maybe more for plate).
Using the calculator above and 6 PD, 163 wpf (18/21 build, the runner) and rus bow + bodkins (28 p) v 30 armor gives 4/5 less damage than against 35 armor with MW rus and MW bodkins. This is at the cost of the slight accuracy (balanced by the higher missile speed i think) and loss of speed bonus from higher missile speed (This is why if you charge an archer head on you get hit much harder, so dont run straight at him...).
EDIT: this damage increase is only the difference between consistently needing one less arrow when before the archer let you with a few hitpoints, now he actually kills you, which is what looms should do imo

And one last point: Even with high end equipment and barely breaking even goldwise (rus + 2 bodkins, the archer only gets 34 shots and running, whereas the melee gets unlimited hits.
And you say now that loomed archery is OP? I dont think so, I just think after 6 gens (or more) as an archer, youve learnt enough to shoot properly and actually damage. This is the reason why "loomed archery is OP" blab la bla.
Also, less QQing, more raiding!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:05:47 pm by Moncho »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #701 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »
Loomed archery seems balanced enough to me already.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 20, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Whiners gonna whine
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:32:56 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 20, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »
It's strange that everyone agrees archery has to be nerfed, but the devs never do it.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #704 on: April 20, 2012, 09:44:33 pm »
+3
It's strange that everyone agrees archery has to be nerfed, but the devs never do it.

Please define "everyone" as well as "never."
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.