Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53349 times)

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: archery..
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »
+2
It's strange that everytime  everyone agrees archery has to be nerfed, and the devs always   do it.
fixed

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2012, 11:21:46 pm »
I think it would be a smart move to change archery mechanics back to native values for a week once QQ-convergences exceed critical levels and then change them back to the initial values. This way the average melee player will flame more of course in the beginning but after the reset we can take advantage of their raised subjective perception. I am aware that this is a treatment relying on the placebo effect and will not likely get rid of the pathogen in the long term but lets face it; there is no adequate cure for this sort of whining syndrom at the moment. Placebos might be the only therapy we have aviable at the moment to make their lives a bit less miserable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2012, 11:22:49 pm »
It's strange that everyonecrymores agrees archery has to be nerfed, butand the devs neveralways do it.

Free fix for you, thank me later.

(click to show/hide)

Xynox, I always read your posts and WOW. You somehow manage to keep your cool in the face of the rampant stupidity you are faced with, and manage to present your arguments in a lucid and erudite way. It amazes me that you still have patience with this community of children waving sticks complaining because rather than change their style they want to change the game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:25:31 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2012, 11:51:40 pm »
+1
Xynox, I always read your posts and WOW. You somehow manage to keep your cool in the face of the rampant stupidity you are faced with, and manage to present your arguments in a lucid and erudite way. It amazes me that you still have patience with this community of children waving sticks complaining because rather than change their style they want to change the game.

I appreciate your compliment. But somehow, I dont know why I didnt think of it earlier, I just realised that in fact I am not the victim of their rage but they are.

Im not a fan of catchy lines like that but think about it:
Although in this thread everything has been said about archers e.g. how to counter them, how to avoid them, what their weaknesses are, how their mechanics can be exploited etc. people are still not happy with the situation. You basicly always read "nerf archery" instead of a sophisticated retort. People also dont seem to be able to counter any arguments you bring up in order to prove that archery is not OP. And this pretty much reveals that those people still complaining here simply cant handle the task of applying the information gathered in this thread to the game. Im sure this lack of abillity would depress you too, which again results in rage.

It does not matter if an average person would be able to deal with the situation, fact is some people here cant and therefore they are not happy. So I think we should focus more on solutions that will help both parties, which cant be achieved by nerfing random things. We simply have no instant cure for this so the next step should be thinking about measurements that gain success over time e.g. the one week reset posted above.

Although this might sound like sarcarsm, sadly this seems to be the last resort as negotiations so far have not brought any considerable results.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #709 on: April 20, 2012, 11:59:35 pm »
I think it would be a smart move to change archery mechanics back to native values for a week once QQ-convergences exceed critical levels and then change them back to the initial values. This way the average melee player will flame more of course in the beginning but after the reset we can take advantage of their raised subjective perception. I am aware that this is a treatment relying on the placebo effect and will not likely get rid of the pathogen in the long term but lets face it; there is no adequate cure for this sort of whining syndrom at the moment. Placebos might be the only therapy we have aviable at the moment to make their lives a bit less miserable.

+1 ))
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 21, 2012, 12:37:16 am »
While it is true that we must continue to be patient and counter ragenerf arguments with helpful solutions, there are MANY "archers" that exasperate the problem. Long ago I realised that I could build 18/21 or even 18/24 and kite, and shoot. I realised that approx 20 gens ago...god knows how long. But I also love this game, I love the mechanics of blocking/attacking and 2hander will always be my "home" and I refuse to ever make that kiteing archer build, everyone who has fought me knows that even as an archer, I will back off and shoot, but once you reach me, I will fight, because that is the essence of this game. Archers who cannot even begin to block, and continue to kite and shoot even when they have no hope of winning just piss me off. They need to get some self respect. The point to the game in MY personal opinion is to have fun, and counter enemies with skill and bravery, daring moves, lightning reflexes. But making MY fun a priority over everyone else's enjoyment is a cunt move. Many ppl call me mean, nasty, w/e, all the time, because of my posts, stuff I type ingame etc, but one thing I wont ever do is make a hornbow archer with 24 agi, make a horse xbow, etc, because it is EVIDENT to anyone with a crumb of common sence that these are NOT what the game devs and the mod devs intended when they created the game.

Realistically, currently, archery in this mod is so far from overpowered, and there are SO many actual problems, that it makes ME counterrage when I see ppls reasoning why archery needs nerfing.

BTW incase of accusations of bias: I'm currently a 1hander. No range option of any kind.
I don't know enough

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #711 on: April 21, 2012, 01:26:38 am »
+2
Whiners gonna whine
Loomed archery is OP.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 21, 2012, 01:28:17 am »
+1
Loomed archery is OP.
Shut up already, or come up with an argument.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 21, 2012, 02:20:38 am »
I think we can close the thread as everyone has the same opinion, which is not a surprise, since ranged is gay, and the only people playing ranged classes are actually bots (it's an elaborate prank by chadz). Seriously, try it once, you can't even buy ranged weapons on the website (of course, nobody noticed yet, because who would spend gold on something like this?). I only noticed this when I misread Rus Blow and thought I'd get some cheap oral action, but then an error message popped up: "You can't buy this item, it's only for gay people."
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2012, 02:23:38 am »
+4
Loomed archery is OP.

and non-loomed is underpowered
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #715 on: April 21, 2012, 03:11:31 am »
and non-loomed is underpowered

You are quite right. Exactly what I think about the subject too.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2955
  • Infamy: 2566
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 21, 2012, 11:26:26 am »
We need more archers. Someone has to stop those courageous pikemen who are killing everyone in their path (good in duels, great in groups, epic against cavalry)

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 21, 2012, 12:03:39 pm »
We need more archers. Someone has to stop those courageous pikemen who are killing everyone in their path (good in duels, great in groups, epic against cavalry)

add maulers to this list, and HA\HX and Plated Bumpers and 2Hagiwhorekuyakdanishrunner - all of them flourish without  good counter.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 21, 2012, 01:35:36 pm »
+3
Buff bow/arrow stats in general and nerf archer looms. Voila, now even an archer that doesn't have everything loomed can actually kill someone.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 21, 2012, 02:30:46 pm »
Buff bow/arrow stats in general and nerf archer looms. Voila, now even an archer that doesn't have everything loomed can actually kill someone.
Shouldn't it?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D