Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53350 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: archery..
« Reply #720 on: April 21, 2012, 02:48:14 pm »
We need more archers. Someone has to stop those courageous pikemen who are killing everyone in their path (good in duels, great in groups, epic against cavalry)

lol'd. Go use 'pike' in duels and I'll laugh at you when you fail every time. Long spear users are also easy to take down, but so many idiots believe that they can spam one even if it's a good player (Warlord, Chase, Crafty etc.) and fail horribly when they get hit while spamming. They only have one attacking direction, so if you block down until you hear the block sound every time, you can't lose (unless you go into kick-range). With the giant thrust-stun on the pike every chamberblock gives a free hit too, so that's a good way to take down a piker.

Also, epic against cav? There's no good cav that ever charge anyone in the protection range of pikes. If people stuck together pikes would fend the enemy cav away from archers/xbowmen/other inf but it's useless because of dumb teammates. I tried to play anti-cav role with pikes, but cav just picks off the ones outside your reach while you can't do shit. Pikes don't counter cav, they fend them off, they're not good in duels against anyone who are decent at the game. However, they're insanely good at supporting and very vulnerable to ranged units like you stated too.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 21, 2012, 04:22:19 pm »
Come on, devs, we almost have 50 pages of posts supporting archery nerf now, DO SOMETHING!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #722 on: April 21, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »
Do you think that any sane developer wanna stop this Klondike of fun? All this «Nerf» and «Buff» threads is delicacies for our merry devteam.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »
Come on, devs, we almost have 50 pages of posts supporting archery nerf now, DO SOMETHING!
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2012, 05:17:23 pm »
buff my arbalest please, tnx bye

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2012, 05:22:42 pm »
buff my arbalest please, tnx bye
Yes buff xbow damage, it's ridiculous how rus/horn bow does more damage than mw xbow with steelbolts.... and bows are even so much faster so it makes it even more ridiculous.
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2242
  • Infamy: 1855
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 21, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »
lol'd. Go use 'pike' in duels and I'll laugh at you when you fail every time. Long spear users are also easy to take down, but so many idiots believe that they can spam one even if it's a good player (Warlord, Chase, Crafty etc.) and fail horribly when they get hit while spamming. They only have one attacking direction, so if you block down until you hear the block sound every time, you can't lose (unless you go into kick-range). With the giant thrust-stun on the pike every chamberblock gives a free hit too, so that's a good way to take down a piker.

Also, epic against cav? There's no good cav that ever charge anyone in the protection range of pikes. If people stuck together pikes would fend the enemy cav away from archers/xbowmen/other inf but it's useless because of dumb teammates. I tried to play anti-cav role with pikes, but cav just picks off the ones outside your reach while you can't do shit. Pikes don't counter cav, they fend them off, they're not good in duels against anyone who are decent at the game. However, they're insanely good at supporting and very vulnerable to ranged units like you stated too.

I'll just say this, I fear most pikemen. Especially the likes of you and Chase. Even when we're alone fighting. I also fear you when you're using any other polearm.

I have no fear when I encounter one or more players using two handed swords, no matter how good they are.

You might kill a lot of people using 2H but that doesn't mean I'll go down easily.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 21, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »
NERF
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 2233
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 21, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 22, 2012, 12:07:39 am »
+2
I'll just say this, I fear most pikemen. Especially the likes of you and Chase. Even when we're alone fighting. I also fear you when you're using any other polearm.

I have no fear when I encounter one or more players using two handed swords, no matter how good they are.

You might kill a lot of people using 2H but that doesn't mean I'll go down easily.
That is because pikes can be tricky weapons to use, but that works only on the chaos of the battlefield. Once it becomes 1v1 when there are two above average players, there is nothing that pikeman can do. I didn't understand why you are talking of pike either. It is because pikes are good anti-archer weapons do the their enormous range? Well yeah, they can be good anti-cav as well as anti-archer sometimes; but that case is something does not happen very often. I think we should be focusing on archery in this thread.

What I see is you guys act like bows should not kill anyone on the battlefield. Perhaps they should not do damage at all. Perhaps archery should not even exist? Well there are melee servers to keep you whiners happy. Go and play there as you want.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #730 on: April 22, 2012, 12:13:22 am »
What I see is you guys act like bows should not kill anyone on the battlefield. Perhaps they should not do damage at all. Perhaps archery should not even exist? Well there are melee servers to keep you whiners happy. Go and play there as you want.

And thats it, youve just hit the root of the problem:
What whiners think archery should be like:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 22, 2012, 01:05:03 am »
:?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #732 on: April 22, 2012, 03:16:26 pm »

When I see chase approaching with an awlpike I pretty much crap myself. It took 6-7 PL hoplites to pen chase in and kill him. That guy is ridiculous with an awkpike. He knows how to exploit groups. 2h, even the best ones, don't scare me nearly as much (talking about when I play with my alts).

Offline Hellfrag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 22, 2012, 03:57:44 pm »
Yes buff xbow damage, it's ridiculous how rus/horn bow does more damage than mw xbow with steelbolts.... and bows are even so much faster so it makes it even more ridiculous.

In what game? :|

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #734 on: April 24, 2012, 10:17:55 pm »
+2

There is no sight in my third eye