Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53227 times)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: archery..
« Reply #555 on: April 09, 2012, 06:52:17 pm »
Mouhhhahaa, yes 3 arrows to kill someone in armor bigger than 40 and 6+ arrows for 60-70 armor.
Couche = 90% kill

it takes 2-4 arrows to kill the vast majority of people if using a rus bow. likewise it takes cav 2-3 stabs to kill most people on foot and headshots 1shot too like couches.
plus cav have to get close to their targets to kill people even if they can get away fast after hitting them.

my point really was just that cav and ranged have massive advantages over melee and both deserve to be nerfed.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 09, 2012, 06:54:30 pm »
+3
The most important things you forgot, XyNox:

Archery:
- range > 50m
- can only be blocked with shield

Melee:
- range < 2m
- can be blocked with almost anything
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 11, 2012, 12:07:31 pm »
No, afraid not:

Archery: AT BEST ESTIMATE --> Two or three BODKIN arrows to kill armoured player. Bodkin stacks 15, thats 5 kills max a around if you nail every shot, despite teh fact that: Blockable by shield, avoidable by spamming mouse directions while jamming sidestep, hitboxes just are not there. So lets say, you nail half your shots. 2 kills a round.

Cav, you cant beat 2 kills a round? Sounds like maybe the argument is backward, seems problem is Badplayer is....just that. A bad player.
I don't know enough

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 11, 2012, 12:18:40 pm »
seriously, that shield argument is really strating to piss me off.

So yea, lets get a shield, invest one or two points, but seriously that shield wont last at all.
Ok then lets invest 4 shield points.....oh wait a second i dont want to go 1h build!!!!

Archery is kind of easy even with a longbow. I play tenne style, a longbow 15 bodkin and a langes messer 1slot that can be used as a 2h. And i do very well

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #559 on: April 11, 2012, 12:22:56 pm »
being ranged is not easy-1) most melees have shield or throw weapons 2) bad map rotation(most maps are cav friendly) 3) very big cav population
4)i dont know what you speaking about arrows , because i run 42 armor 15 str no if, and i can take 3 arrows usually.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 11, 2012, 12:25:24 pm »
+1
being ranged is not easy - yes it is
1) most melees have shield or throw weapons - lol no
2) bad map rotation(most maps are cav friendly) - cav maps are often archer maps as well
3) very big cav population - lol no

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:42 pm »

you spend very little time in game, i dont see you at evening on eu1. so i think you dont know about stuff on eu1.
and how some open field can be archer frienly too? ranged maps are some with towers and other stuff, so cav and ranged friendly maps are different stuff
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:33:36 pm by Sir_Agor »
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #562 on: April 11, 2012, 12:37:25 pm »
+1
and how some open field can be archer frienly too? ranged maps are some with towers and other stuff, so cav and ranged friendly maps are different stuff

Good archers have an easy time on open plains. Crossbowmen, not so much. Crossbows are great for urban maps with hiding places, towers etc. while archers are great on plains.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:34 pm »
you spend very little time in game, i dont see you at evening on eu1. so i think you dont know about stuff on eu1.

Apparently I know EU1 a lot more than you, even though I don't play 24/7 on it.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #564 on: April 11, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »
+1
So after 4 gens of archery I went back to melee, went for the lol str build and instantly got a positive K:D.

For some weird reason, people are not raging half as much if I oneshot them with my GLA as they do when I put 5 arrows into them until the finally die.

Saying ranged is easy is just the usual melee view on it.

I am now half way through level 30 got 421 death and actively remember dying to ranged about 25 times.
Would have said 3 times but I remember some throwing kills and being finished off by a bolt or an arrow or two during melee fights.

Yes, you can say "BUT YOU ARE A STR BUILD" and will I will say "Why are you not?"
Not adjusting to the way the battlefield changes is not exactly a sign of skill.

It's cool if all the elite duelists think they are the better players but sadly being a good player also includes being flexible and not stuck with your high agi low health low armor builds...
If you fail at evading - train it or get more armor.

Crying for other classes to be nerfed so your class can dominate is no sign of skill.

If I don't get an archer armor during the next few days I'll get some medium armor and go for a 18/21 build to check out if it's really that bad...
I just don't see it right now.

Don't run in straight lines, ever.
Will spare you from half the ranged hits :mrgreen:

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 11, 2012, 12:46:49 pm »
+1
people are not raging half as much if I oneshot them with my GLA as they do when I put 5 arrows into them until the finally die.
I don't usually rage if i get oneshotted by melee because i can block swings or run away :mrgreen:, but when archer is shooting me i can't block the arrows and sometimes i can't hide(RAGERAGE)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:08:18 pm by joosto »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »
So after 4 gens of archery I went back to melee, went for the lol str build and instantly got a positive K:D.

For some weird reason, people are not raging half as much if I oneshot them with my GLA as they do when I put 5 arrows into them until the finally die.

Saying ranged is easy is just the usual melee view on it.

I am now half way through level 30 got 421 death and actively remember dying to ranged about 25 times.
Would have said 3 times but I remember some throwing kills and being finished off by a bolt or an arrow or two during melee fights.

Yes, you can say "BUT YOU ARE A STR BUILD" and will I will say "Why are you not?"
Not adjusting to the way the battlefield changes is not exactly a sign of skill.

It's cool if all the elite duelists think they are the better players but sadly being a good player also includes being flexible and not stuck with your high agi low health low armor builds...
If you fail at evading - train it or get more armor.

Crying for other classes to be nerfed so your class can dominate is no sign of skill.

If I don't get an archer armor during the next few days I'll get some medium armor and go for a 18/21 build to check out if it's really that bad...
I just don't see it right now.

Don't run in straight lines, ever.
Will spare you from half the ranged hits :mrgreen:

meow for president!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 11, 2012, 01:15:17 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Your speaking to deaf ears, Meow, I have been saying this for months. But players would rather change the game than change their style. Cause, afterall, they are HEROS! pfffffffft
I don't know enough

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 11, 2012, 02:09:46 pm »
There's always Native if you want OP archery :*

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 11, 2012, 03:14:50 pm »
There's always Native if you want OP archery :*

And OP polearms. And OP throwing. And OP lolstabs. And OP cav. And OP shields...wait...everything in native is massively powerful, and everything has a counter, when used effectively, just as here.
I don't know enough