Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53839 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: archery..
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2012, 11:09:49 pm »
+3
It sucked in 2010 even.

True story.

No, it didnt. In 2010 high shield skill gave Jedi Force Shield.

My last gen, I only had 2 shield skill, with Plain Round Shield, no loom, on my back for when facing arrows. Result: eat archers for breakfast. But like anything else, it is a skill, takes awareness and timing.

Few gens ago I had Masterpiece Round Shield, and with that baby and 7 Shield skill I didnt get shot at all unless already fighting: But then, what does it matter if the guy who hits your back uses an arrow, a pike, a 2hander, getting hit in the back while you are attacked in the front, YOU DIE.

Most Pole and 2handers are just butthurt that when they DO get ganked, if a gankist is an archer they cannot ROFLCOPTER their mouse around while they attack, hoping to catch someone in their swing, wether they are aware of their location and action or not.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2012, 11:20:17 pm »
+1
Most Pole and 2handers are just butthurt that when they DO get ganked, if a gankist is an archer they cannot ROFLCOPTER their mouse around while they attack, hoping to catch someone in their swing, wether they are aware of their location and action or not.

Offline Aleta

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • Game nicks: Aleta, Diavolo
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:42 am »
I think that we all agree that achery needs one heathly nerf.

Well, the only problem is the piercing imo. (and kiting though, but that's just fixing something that is fucking annoying, silly and stupid, not really nerfing) Right now I can take about the same amount of arrows whether I'm in 45 armor or 25. It's always 2 body shots or one head shot. I think it should be a difference there. So, just make bodkins do 6 cut and it's all fixed.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2012, 12:01:19 pm »
+1
Well, the only problem is the piercing imo. (and kiting though, but that's just fixing something that is fucking annoying, silly and stupid, not really nerfing) Right now I can take about the same amount of arrows whether I'm in 45 armor or 25. It's always 2 body shots or one head shot. I think it should be a difference there. So, just make bodkins do 6 cut and it's all fixed.

I dont use bodkins myself, but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bodkin1.jpg

They definitly pierce.
I don't know enough

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2012, 12:40:53 pm »
+2
Most frustrating element is that archers can easily 1 or two shot at range while 1 or two shotting in melle is rare, even when using a high damage weapon such as a flamberge or a morningstar.

Why should an arrow to the face get a higher damage buff than any melee weapon? This is a complete failure of both logic and balance.
Turtles

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »
Most frustrating element is that archers can easily 1 or two shot at range while 1 or two shotting in melle is rare, even when using a high damage weapon such as a flamberge or a morningstar.

Why should an arrow to the face get a higher damage buff than any melee weapon? This is a complete failure of both logic and balance.

I actually agree. Headshots are boss now: Pierce weapon to head hitbox should rape with melee weapons too.

If anything, it is harder to hit a head with an overhead melee attack than an arrow, cause I cant speak for everyone, but for me, half my overheads seem to go straight thru my enemies...
I don't know enough

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:27 pm »

Then i would say melee needs a buff, since the new armour soak system was introduced 1 hitting people in melee became very rare. Id say melee needs more onehit kills, would make the game a tad bit faster paced and imo that is a good thing.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2012, 01:05:07 pm »
No.

I think melee should be more fast-paced and while I'm for an increase in damage 1-shotting in melee or ranged shouldn't be standard imho. Increasing the stats/speed of weapons and such is a change I'd welcome.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2012, 01:51:57 pm »
+3

First off, hitting the head in melee is far, far easier than hitting the head at ranged.  Hitting the head at ranged is mostly luck.

Second, since when do archers easily 1 or 2 shot at range?  I thought we just went over 'best case' numbers with the cRPG calculator.

Melee damage far outpaces archery in raw potential, and usually in practice too.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2012, 02:13:45 pm »
I 3-hit Archers with 18 str no If with a Mw Long Bow and normal barbed arrows wich do cut damage already.

(Mw Long Bow 34 c + barbed arrows 3c = 37 c)

not mentioning the bonus of wpf and pd.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2012, 02:17:36 pm »
1hits are only possible to farmers with under 18 bodyarmor.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2012, 02:48:18 pm »
With the highly increased damage range receive for headshots they are far more likely to get a 1 hit kill with a headshot than melee has the potential too.

In reality, while focussing in melee, coordinating footwork, blocking, timing, range control, chambering, feinting and situational awareness it is far less easy to reliably achieve headshots.

(click to show/hide)

I'm in no way advocating 1 hitting for melee, it spoils the game play and makes it generally less fun. In fact i agree that there should be a faster speed with a distinction between polearms and 2hs which offers a real difference.  E.G one holds superior damage the other superior speed.

(click to show/hide)

It seems my game play experience is very different to yours, but that might be the NA / EU divide shinning through?  I believe (very generally speaking) NA favours Str / IF while EU Agi / Ath?

The damage calculator is a tool which really needs to be used with caution, as there are many extraneous variables that the raw damage calculator doesn't accurately represent.

Considering the more beneficial position archers can take, away from the mass of incoming attacks they posses a far greater ability to focus their attacks than the melee player base.

(click to show/hide)

My experience of playing with you arrowblood is that you 2 shot with body shots while i roam around in my Lordly Brigandine, so i think your comments may be a bit unfounded.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:51:51 pm by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Rational and resonable posts have no place in this ragethread.
I don't know enough

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2012, 03:48:14 pm »
+1
I have a solution!!! Make all bows unsheatable (not crossbows). If archer gets into trouble and wants to use his side weapon to block hits, he has to drop his bow to the ground. No more running---> shooting---> blocking few hits---> runnin again---> repeat. They would be forced to pick up that bow again if they want to go back into shooting mode.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2012, 04:12:36 pm »
You archers don't see it but quite often I take 85-90% dmg bodyshots.

Naturally I'm going to scramble for cover after such a massive hit and while you register it as "he didn't die" most of the time it kinda kills the rest of the round for me as I'm forced to play extremely defensively since a destrider bump kills me.

The other case after such a hit (most often if I'm close) is that I just pretend it didn't happen in an attempt to scare the friendly archer off or force him on the defensive, and maybe mess up his aim. It's quite a successful
tactic at times, but still I'm half-dead and that is not to be sneezed at.

Regarding archer damage as a whole (I might have said this earlier), while testing HA damage with mtemko (or whatever his name is) it was found that damage taken seemed to increase if you moved, almost regardless of direction. Running straight away caused minimum damage though, but standing still I took way less damage than if I was running perpendicular to the archer. Weird shit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:29:05 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die