Should Throwing Lances be removed?

Yes
92 (41.8%)
Severely nerfed
53 (24.1%)
No
75 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 220

Author Topic: Remove Throwing Lances  (Read 10715 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: Remove Throwing Lances
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »
real thrower use  3x loomed jarids

half the cost,               10x  jarids  with 44 pierce(2x stack)      if you make  calc is much more dmg  than 4x throwing lances

anyway every throwing are very inaccurate, so     the skill of the thrower stay to kill multiple approching opponents while they are pretty near.      i often kill ppl who are almost swinging theyr weapon on my  body .  any other kill after 20 feet are pretty much random, or dictated by how many throwing you wanna  waste for kill  a man. thats why jarids are better.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:51:23 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2011, 10:18:20 pm »
Do not insinuate that I am a liar - I was making a point.

Making a point using logical and statistical fallacies that you KNOW to be fallacies, is what, exactly?

Let me rephrase:

Making a point using logical and statistical lies, that you KNOW to be lies, is what, exactly? Lying? And lying makes someone a what, then?

To ensure that I don't get fingered for "insinuating" anything, let me be perfectly clear. If you state a "fact" that is knowingly incorrect or inaccurate in an attempt to support your argument(which must not be strong, or you'd use TRUTH to support it), then yes, I am calling you out as being a liar. No insinuation, no dancing around the issue, no gilding the lily. Stop lying if you don't like the sound of the word.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2011, 01:42:22 am »
real thrower use  3x loomed jarids

half the cost,               10x  jarids  with 44 pierce(2x stack)      if you make  calc is much more dmg  than 4x throwing lances

^ This.

Throwing lances are more of a style/novelty weapon then something truly effective. Jarids will oneshot mostly everyone with a high pt and you get twice the ammo. When I used to use throwing lances I chose my targets very carefully, no point in killing a peasant with it in a highish pop server. With jarids I could spam them indiscriminately, you're a much more effective killing machine.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2011, 01:57:09 am »
throwing weapons like lance aren't OP they do too much damage but are too inaccurate. needs to be rebalanced ala my old suggestion so that they are more accurate, but do less damage and pherhaps slower animation.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2011, 11:40:49 am »
throwing weapons like lance aren't OP they do too much damage but are too inaccurate. needs to be rebalanced ala my old suggestion so that they are more accurate, but do less damage and pherhaps slower animation.

So you get a slower, slightly less accurate, less damaging kind of throwing weapon compared to the jarid. Which also happens to have only half the ammo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline dlionf

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2011, 11:31:14 am »
I use the throwing lance and while it is a great feeling to hit someone and one shot them the accuracy is not good at all.  You need a lot of game skill to use them well, and if you do miss for the most part you will be killed by whoever is comming at you.  Honestly the best thing about them is slowing down calvery cause calvery is what really sucks!!!  I say keep them as is, the requirements keep you from being able to do other things and the low accuracy prevents them from being one hit wonders.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2011, 11:54:23 am »
Remove Throwing Lances???
Have you played as thrower dude???
1 thing why they aren't op..... Prince and accuracy and amount of them in 1 bag...
you have no chance to use them all the time without loosing money(with x5.... even x7)

and even they are op( don't think so) every class of weapon have an op

Jarids are more dangerous because you have 2 times more of them and they are more accurate(with powerthrow 9 or 8 you can kill most of players in one hit in chest)

Yes and i have thrower character named EpicTroll.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2011, 02:49:22 pm »
It's BS to say they're a no skill weapon.  I've fought on a lot of maps with Zanthos while he used them to pick off horses.  He uses javalins for far away horses and lances for closer/heavy ones.  Often he misses or gets overwhelmed when I'm not there to give him a clear area to fire from.  They're certainly a weapon with a significant handicap.  To say it's no skill is like saying a 2h takes no skill because you'll hit if you swing at enemy who aren't defending themselves within your range.  But people say that unlike 2h "lances can't be blocked," even though a weak shield can block a throwing lance.  Alternatively, dodging the lances rather than soaking them also often does the trick.

I understand the desire to nerf lances but one doesn't need to make them into a boogyman to do it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:47:35 pm by Diomedes »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2011, 03:40:49 am »
So I made a thrower char, currently sitting at 24 str 3 agi. Tried throwing lances and yes, I can honestly say, they are stupid. Whoever is saying their drawback is terrible accuracy is either lying or bad. There is no problem whatsoever with 8 PT and 80ish wpf to hit anyone close range (that is NOT melee range). Obviously, you wont be sniping people far away from you, but with throwing lances you dont have to. With my 8 PT, everytime I hit someone he died in one shot. I am a terrible thrower, my leading target with throwing weapons is bad beyond bad and whenever I use something else than lances I'm happy for 1 K/D ratio. With lances, I have no problem to go 2+.
Not to mention they are quite potent melee weapons as well, so you can always keep one of them if you run out and just poke people, taking on the support role.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:37 am »
You can always poke people, but it doesn't have much reach. Its a decent melee weapon, but throwing axes are clearly superior in most cases for melee. Throwing lances are really designed to be an anti-cavalry weapon, and I think they currently fullfill that role well. They are by no means my main choice for a utility weapon.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2011, 08:31:17 am »
LOL. this whole thread is BS , with my 11 pt thrower , there has been situations where people dont get 1 hitted by my lance . (remove the thread) :mrgreen:

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2011, 09:52:01 am »
You can always poke people, but it doesn't have much reach. Its a decent melee weapon, but throwing axes are clearly superior in most cases for melee. Throwing lances are really designed to be an anti-cavalry weapon, and I think they currently fullfill that role well. They are by no means my main choice for a utility weapon.
+1

Offline Taggerung

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »
Wow I can't believe this exists.

Yes Throwing Lances are retarded, but are they game breaking super awesome missiles of doom? No, not at all. How many times do you see a thrower top of your team? Maybe 1% of the time (I do it sometimes with mine, but that's more because I use war darts and a bar mace). How many times do you see pure strength builds like wallace, linden, or goretooth on the top of the team? The 95% of the time...then you get some shielders or archers the other 4%.

The lances need to stay in game just so people like the OP and Linden can rage at how broken a weapon that can one hit kill them is.

For those who claim it to be super accurate...try playing a thrower. I have 140 wpf, and 10PT...so my thrower is dedicated to it, and the reticule at point blank range can barely cover a horse. So quit your whining, suck it up and buy two crappy shields to soak up the two lances they are carrying, and go murder them.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2011, 08:39:48 pm »
If you have to rely on your reticule you're just a bad player, on my thrower the reticule is fuckhuge and I can still consistently hit people, as long as my throwing lance doesn't go like a 90 degree angle from where I'm aiming (never happens).

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2011, 03:00:08 am »
If you have to rely on your reticule you're just a bad player, on my thrower the reticule is fuckhuge and I can still consistently hit people, as long as my throwing lance doesn't go like a 90 degree angle from where I'm aiming (never happens).

...you don't quite seem to understand how the reticule works.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: