Author Topic: Version 0.270  (Read 57013 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Version 0.270
« Reply #360 on: February 29, 2012, 03:28:49 pm »
+1
Medieval archery is not like getting a bow and shooting a deer , in battlefield archers shoot volleys of indirect fire they do not aim for a single guy they shoot massive arrows to a designated field of battle as a group , in cRPG our archers are like a sniper squad you know going to rooftops , bridges and shit providing cover with their 50.cal barrets to protect the president...
This is silly .
The archer i know from medieval sources is the guy who wears at least mail armor , carries a good backup weapon , some troops are very viable on melee combat (Druzinha , ottoman archers , xbowmen of italy etc...) , carry 10-20 arrows , volley fire to diminish the enemy infantry's ranks .
Archer i see in cRPG = Unnecesarily mobile , has infinite ammo , no armor no melee capability classic "kiting ranger" class from MMORPG games.

Any argumant to defend the current state of archery in cRPG looks so damn idiotic...

And cavalry weren't sneaky ninja's who backstabbed everybody. But it works in balance in game. Largely because to pull of volley fire or massed cavalry charges you need lots of organisation (we saw these in the massive multi-clan tourny), it can't work in pubby.

Any argument AGAINST current archery looks idiotic. It's balanced in the pubby battle context, and that's what matters.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2012, 03:41:29 pm »
This. And let's just diplomatically say I'm not one of the greatest melee players anymore :P

I'm curious about when you joined cRPG, Dezi. My skill, or at least relatively to others, went downhill since mid 2011. But I could do much better before :cry:

Finally, I'm pretty sure the k/d of that char could increase if I played it a little more.

I started warband some time in May 2011 and joined c-rpg just a few days after.

And yeah, mowing through teams is much, much harder now :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2012, 05:30:34 pm »
Oh but come on.

As said, Quarter Staff doesn't have it and you're not going to stagger anyone with a Spear, 0 wpf, and 4 PS.

Polestagger is random, 50% chance BUT you need to deal more than 15 damage. My main has 59 HP and I very rarely take a quarter damage even from Warspear swings from dedicated melee builds. The only thing that's possibly going to stagger is the thrust with speedbonus on very lightly armored opponents but I mean come on, that's very situational and even then it's just a chance.

The reason I used those weps was b/c of blunt/pierce damage and price.

And 6 ath is pretty average no...?

Also P.S: To be fair, Kafein isn't exactly the greatest melee player. He's not used to archery either, so his K:D seems completely reasonable.

I have used bec with 5ps and 0wpf many month ago, I know what are you talking about. It was weapon with best minimal damage output against armored enemy with not too much PS and 0 wpf. Little expensive otherwise.

Doesn't know that you have an archer char. 15\18 you say?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 29, 2012, 05:43:47 pm »
+2
I don't give a fuck about how much damage archers deal or how accurate they are , if you wish to go into realism discussion with me , show me one historical source referring naked archers carrying bow + 70 arrows and a hammer .
Medieval archery is not like getting a bow and shooting a deer , in battlefield archers shoot volleys of indirect fire they do not aim for a single guy they shoot massive arrows to a designated field of battle as a group , in cRPG our archers are like a sniper squad you know going to rooftops , bridges and shit providing cover with their 50.cal barrets to protect the president...
This is silly .
The archer i know from medieval sources is the guy who wears at least mail armor , carries a good backup weapon , some troops are very viable on melee combat (Druzinha , ottoman archers , xbowmen of italy etc...) , carry 10-20 arrows , volley fire to diminish the enemy infantry's ranks .
Archer i see in cRPG = Unnecesarily mobile , has infinite ammo , no armor no melee capability classic "kiting ranger" class from MMORPG games.

Exept you only see 'volleys of fire' in hollywood, that's a post renassance tactic done with fire arms. Such a tactic wouldn't be very viable back then, considering the strain put on the archer pulling the string + target availability, and the low discipline of your average medieval soldier. As far as we know medieval ranged either shot freely into a mass of enemy soldiers or with precision from a fortified position, similiarly to what we have in crpg.
Furthermore, we dont have 70 + arrows, the bodkin quivers have 16 to 17 arrows in them for example, and the crap armor comes from the fact that the devs want archers to be that way, since the extra weight gives you a precision penalty. If it didn't, then you'd be complaining about archers surviving in melee instead. But of course, if you even tried playing archer here you would know these things.

Oh, and whenever you see naked people, be it archers or anyone else, they usualy get kicked prety quickly. Thats not much of an argument.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #364 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:52 pm »
Exept you only see 'volleys of fire' in hollywood, that's a post renassance tactic done with fire arms. Such a tactic wouldn't be very viable back then, considering the strain put on the archer pulling the string + target availability, and the low discipline of your average medieval soldier. As far as we know medieval ranged either shot freely into a mass of enemy soldiers or with precision from a fortified position, similiarly to what we have in crpg.
Furthermore, we dont have 70 + arrows, the bodkin quivers have 16 to 17 arrows in them for example, and the crap armor comes from the fact that the devs want archers to be that way, since the extra weight gives you a precision penalty. If it didn't, then you'd be complaining about archers surviving in melee instead. But of course, if you even tried playing archer here you would know these things.

Oh, and whenever you see naked people, be it archers or anyone else, they usualy get kicked prety quickly. Thats not much of an argument.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volley_fire_(infantry_tactic)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt
Read and learn
And cavalry weren't sneaky ninja's who backstabbed everybody. But it works in balance in game. Largely because to pull of volley fire or massed cavalry charges you need lots of organisation (we saw these in the massive multi-clan tourny), it can't work in pubby.

Any argument AGAINST current archery looks idiotic. It's balanced in the pubby battle context, and that's what matters.
he peler de bende amk

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #365 on: February 29, 2012, 08:36:43 pm »
Archers are fine ya'll.  Sheesh.  You just gotta learn and adapt.  If people actually stop and think about what they are doing, archers will become less effective over time as people learn how to deal with them.

If you are having trouble with archers or think they are OP, see my guide written for old and new players alike.  Lots of tips.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26128.0.html

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 29, 2012, 09:21:17 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volley_fire_(infantry_tactic)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt
Read and learn

wikipedia? really?

Garrison, they dont care, they simply want an easier gameplay. We just have to make sure the devs know that.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:23:06 pm by Adamar »

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 29, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »
wikipedia? really?

Garrison, they dont care, they simply want an easier gameplay. We just have to make sure the devs know that.
Did you want me to send you a book ?
I dunno where u live and i really don't care enough to pay for shipment .

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #368 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:50 pm »
+2
Archers weren't only used i grand volley firing battles, besides RL doesn't matter at all, this is a game...

@devs, pls keep the balancing nice and easy, stop this overnerfing all the time on this and that class, it's ruining the game, if changes need to happen, pls do some smaller steps, it's getting tiresome that after each patch we got an new imbalance again and again QQ

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »
Archers weren't only used i grand volley firing battles, besides RL doesn't matter at all, this is a game...

@devs, pls keep the balancing nice and easy, stop this overnerfing all the time on this and that class, it's ruining the game, if changes need to happen, pls do some smaller steps, it's getting tiresome that after each patch we got an new imbalance again and again QQ

This. Nerfs/buffs often are overkill so we switch back and forth between unbalance and unbalance.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:11:04 pm by Kafein »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:29 pm »
I would prefer devs didn't decrease archer accuracy, as it stands now if I get caught by a lone archer I can at least watch where he aims and move accordingly.
And how!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:49 am »

If RL doesn't matter at all i want a lightsaber in cRPG .

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #372 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:18 am »
If RL doesn't matter at all i want a lightsaber in cRPG .
yes switch your item meshes with the starwars mod stuff and there u go  :mrgreen:

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 01, 2012, 02:51:26 am »
Repeating crossbow anyone?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #374 on: March 01, 2012, 08:35:43 am »
+1
Polestagger is random, 50% chance BUT you need to deal more than 15 damage.

The attack has to have more than 15 RAW damage. Armor of the target doesn't matter and the 15 raw damage threshold is beaten by almost every attack but those with bad sweetspots.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:38:20 am by Paul »