Author Topic: Version 0.270  (Read 57005 times)

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
Re: Version 0.270
« Reply #375 on: March 01, 2012, 10:45:14 am »
Kafein Archer or Kafein melee player ? DabeulYouTief?!
Kafein was and always been A great Cav. Every attempt to convert Kafein into melee or archer , is either a fail eitheir a fake.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:52:53 am by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #376 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:32 pm »
The attack has to have more than 15 RAW damage. Armor of the target doesn't matter and the 15 raw damage threshold is beaten by almost every attack but those with bad sweetspots.

Aha, did not know.

Are you still planning on changing it btw? (Because it's still bs)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:10:54 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #377 on: March 01, 2012, 02:43:26 pm »
+1
Kafein
So, technically, you've got 28 level twohander with 0.34 k/d with your 30 level STF character.
On other word - you can kill someone every third round with overpowered longbow, overpowered bodkins and overpowered mace\langes messer with 30 level character?

Dezilagel
(click to show/hide)

Difference is big when you need to spend your money on repair.
And I'm really interested what weapon you are using with this build dude?

and these guys complain about archery :)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 01, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »
+3
"I am rock.  Scissors are fine.  Nerf paper."

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2012, 04:06:01 pm »
DabeulYouTief?!

:lol:

J’espère que tu te rends compte que c'est complètement incompréhensible pour quelqu'un qui n'est pas francophone ? :mrgreen:

and these guys complain about archery :)

I hope you realise I'm playing classes that are (or should be) natural counters to range. I should be happy whenever there are many ranged players online. What I'm doing when I ask for range nerfs is not egoistic, and is even rather the contrary, as what kills me is 2h and shieldless polearms, which ought to be and are weak to range attacks.

What would be egoistic is actually asking for things that directly concern my character, if these things are buffs, of course. And I do that sometimes, but it's most usually out of rage moments :?

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »
But can we all agree that almost oneshotting and two shotting a courser with a bow is ridicilous? I can ride completely stupidly into a melee two times, get reared and my horse doesn't die in the pike/longspear/whatever. Then when an archer shoots my horse from a long distance and happens to hit the head (I wonder why that happens so often hmm... hitboxes?) I'm practically no more cav because there is not much HP to do anything. A small hit from anything kills the horse after that. /whine q_q

Thrower against courser is definetly a oneshot case most of the time. I don't mind it because that situation is avoidable for me. I just don't charge a thrower who is aware of his surroundings.

EDIT: q_q aside. Just read Kafein's post. Just remember cavalry beind a decent counter against ranged once. What is the counter against ranged nowadays because common footman will never catch an archer if theyre smart and keep on running? Rock paper scrissors all over, but with different rules than usually.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:29:50 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #381 on: March 01, 2012, 08:08:13 pm »
(click to show/hide)
My MW arabian rarely dies because of ranged, maybe you should try to get more riding skill or avoid archers?
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 01, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »
(click to show/hide)
My MW arabian rarely dies because of ranged, maybe you should try to get more riding skill or avoid archers?
Your arabian rarely dies of ranged because you can keep your distance constantly because you are horse crossbower! :D.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 01, 2012, 10:31:32 pm »
But can we all agree that almost oneshotting and two shotting a courser with a bow is ridicilous? I can ride completely stupidly into a melee two times, get reared and my horse doesn't die in the pike/longspear/whatever. Then when an archer shoots my horse from a long distance and happens to hit the head (I wonder why that happens so often hmm... hitboxes?) I'm practically no more cav because there is not much HP to do anything. A small hit from anything kills the horse after that. /whine q_q

Are these the weaker horses, or you just think headshots are wrong?

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:40 pm »
Are these the weaker horses, or you just think headshots are wrong?

Spirited Courser
hit points: 110
body armor: 18
difficulty: 6
speed: 47
maneuver: 43
charge: 26

It is one of the best 3 of unarmored horses, but suddenly it feels like I'm just wasting gold because cheaper horse can take as many shots. I dare to say that horse's head is pretty easy to hit so yes headshots are too powerful in that case.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »
+1
They shouldn't go down as easely as the weaker ones, but still an archer with an high damaging build should be able to dispatch naked horses easely. If you think of it, horsemen and archers are supposed to counter each other depending on the circunstances. This is why people where complaining of horse spam after the 2.60 nerf.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 01, 2012, 11:18:50 pm »

Spirited Courser
hit points: 110
body armor: 18
difficulty: 6
speed: 47
maneuver: 43
charge: 26

It is one of the best 3 of unarmored horses, but suddenly it feels like I'm just wasting gold because cheaper horse can take as many shots. I dare to say that horse's head is pretty easy to hit so yes headshots are too powerful in that case.

With a courser the speed bonus can get pretty huge.

Nonetheless, some archers have no problems shooting my +3 arab warhorse's ass, taking away half of it's HP bar. This is the climax of ridiculous when compared to that time couched an archer wearing a light leather and... he survived. The hit connected and all, but simply did not inflict enough damage. Lol. I'm ok with that happening with heavy armored STR beasts because those are easy to hit anyway. But geez. Getting couched when you have more than 15 agility and the possibility to dodge is a strong case of L2P.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:22 pm »
+1
They shouldn't go down as easely as the weaker ones, but still an archer with an high damaging build should be able to dispatch naked horses easely. If you think of it, horsemen and archers are supposed to counter each other depending on the circunstances. This is why people where complaining of horse spam after the 2.60 nerf.

This is true.

Yet not balanced at the moment.

Range counters cavalry nearly all the time. And when it does not, it pretty much means the cavalry is hiding somewhere and generally being useless.
But when does cavalry counters range ? Not when the ranged chars are unreachable. Not when they are protected by inf. Not when they are in organised groups (any charge attempt results in dead horse + headshot when downed) either. The only way cav can reliably kill ranged is extremely situational : sneaking. The 2nd most used way is just getting up front and hoping the ranged player misses the shot. If he misses, the cav knows he took risks that weren't really worth it, as any decent ranged player can pull off headshots at horsefacehug range consistently, or dodge.

Cav spam is actually the only way to reach the enemy ranged when it is correctly protected/organised. The first cav line rams into the enemy, most probably dying, and the second line does the killing. This may sound nice and all, but there's a major problem with cav spam. Ally horses stop you. And being stopped is extremely dangerous, especially near enemies. Cav teamwork is hard to pull off due to this.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2012, 12:49:04 am »
:lol:

J’espère que tu te rends compte que c'est complètement incompréhensible pour quelqu'un qui n'est pas francophone ? :mrgreen:

Quoi c est toi qui te goure completement.
A part le sont eu , qui n est pas naturel du tout pour eux , en anglais prononce TF   Tii  Effff
et W c est bien double You.
Je pense que avec un peu de jugeote c est faisable :D!

[00:54] <RolandDeGilead> Okin did you directly understand that DabeulYoutief was the prononciation of WTF ?
[00:54] <okiN> RolandDeGilead yes
[00:54] <RolandDeGilead> Okay So Okin is my proof :D
[00:55] <RolandDeGilead> Thank you  , i will be able to start kidding Kafein about that
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:55:58 am by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2012, 01:30:17 am »
With a courser the speed bonus can get pretty huge.
Absolutely. Besides courser is a big horse and easy to hit compared to arabian which is agile and small. But I hear you bro... Every long range shot taking over half of the horse health bar is bs with high tier unarmored horses.