Author Topic: Version 0.270  (Read 57014 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: Version 0.270
« Reply #345 on: February 29, 2012, 01:09:19 am »
I did an archer STF, of course, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

21-18, all wpf into archery, 4 ps hornbow and on stack of arrows + Spear or two stacks of arrows and a staff.

As soon as someone walked up, just bonk them across the map. Noone expected it. + You could constantly backpeddle constantly and as such, melee was very easy.

and it was when? during the time where you had almost pin point accuracy or now when u can't hit a shit with 6 wpf in archery and longbow?

are you able to do better as inf or as an archer? myself as an archer i'm happy to make it into the middle of rankings, as an infantry i usually fight among top 10 players if not better (and i got lvl 32 archer with 24/18, 6wpf in archery, 8 pd while my inf is fresh lvl 30).

i still don't get it why some people are constantly complaining. but i'm quite sure that any other nerf will result in archery being unplayable (being no fun, because you wouldn't be able to kill anyone at all). and the game could easily turn into 2h/cav only.

archery is just part of the game, it gives other classes a sense (shielders, reduces op of cav and 2h a bit etc...). remove it and the game will suck.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:10:20 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #346 on: February 29, 2012, 01:26:02 am »
+2
Archers are more annoying than overpowered, I would say. Considering I can't use a shield (unsheathable weapons...) and that I often kill a large amount, I'm usually a magnet to arrows. I counted the amount of times I died to each class before going to work this one day.

2 one-handers
0 two-handers
0 polearms
0 xbow
0 throwing
3 headshots (2 from bow, one from xbow)
9 bows

To be honest, I was thinking about a thing. The average archer scrub might be a bit too weak, and the fully heirloomed archer might be a bit too strong. I would like to see a difference there to balance it more out. Increasing arrow damage across the board, remove damage bonus from bow looms (which actually gives them better accuracy), remove damage from arrow looms but increase amount of arrows gained.

With changes like that your average scrub would always deal as much damage as the fully heirloomed archer but would have less arrows, worse accuracy and slower draw. The bow damage would be somewhere between what the average scrub and the fully loomed archer does now. I think it would look a lot better than archery does today, at least.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:15 am »
The average archer scrub might be a bit too weak, and the fully heirloomed archer might be a bit too strong.

Very much this. Most archers deal pitiful damage, but then there are these fully loomed ones that hit for 70% of my hp.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #348 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:35 am »
+3
Archers in CRPG dont have as much pin point accuracy as you imagine, there's a lot of skill out there. Between crossbows, longbows and horsearchers, you have some of the most devastating weapons and fighting styles in history, yet the melee based characters dominate the game and the scoreboard as always, so quit complaining. Real life professional archers are a lot more efficient than the crap we have in crpg, their skill is not luck based. And if you and all the meleers think that people without shields didn't die alot from ranged back in medieval times, you've a huge misconception of how things worked back then and this is simply not the game for you. Now, nobody likes getting shot, but thats no reason to make a class weaker than it already is.
U seem mad and you sadly went full retard .

I don't give a fuck about how much damage archers deal or how accurate they are , if you wish to go into realism discussion with me , show me one historical source referring naked archers carrying bow + 70 arrows and a hammer .
Medieval archery is not like getting a bow and shooting a deer , in battlefield archers shoot volleys of indirect fire they do not aim for a single guy they shoot massive arrows to a designated field of battle as a group , in cRPG our archers are like a sniper squad you know going to rooftops , bridges and shit providing cover with their 50.cal barrets to protect the president...
This is silly .
The archer i know from medieval sources is the guy who wears at least mail armor , carries a good backup weapon , some troops are very viable on melee combat (Druzinha , ottoman archers , xbowmen of italy etc...) , carry 10-20 arrows , volley fire to diminish the enemy infantry's ranks .
Archer i see in cRPG = Unnecesarily mobile , has infinite ammo , no armor no melee capability classic "kiting ranger" class from MMORPG games.

Any argumant to defend the current state of archery in cRPG looks so damn idiotic...

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #349 on: February 29, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »
i remeber patch before when ranged were overnerfed, all servers was like melee/cav only, and it was looking so stupid, tons of people with big weapons run like wall on wall and it is all- looks so fucking boring and stupid -.-
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 29, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »
Both Dezilagel and especially Kafein need to try out archer char first themselves before coming up with their weird theories...

In other words: have you ever tried to play as an archer for at least 1 day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

But if this isn't enough for you, I did actually play as archer in 0.270 cRPG :

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
    Agility: 18
    Hit points: 63

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 5
    Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 0
    Athletics: 6
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 6
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 1
    Two Handed: 50
    Polearm: 1
    Archery: 150
    Crossbow: 1
    Throwing: 1

Either using a longbow and the OP dildo or langes messer, or horn bow + 2h.

I'm a terrible archer and I don't hit very often, but when I hit it hurts. Even better, I don't really care about failing at close range archery since this is essentially a level 28 two hander when you remove the bow. I carry one stack of arrows, because if I want to shoot more I can find plenty of arrows on the ground, and I can drop the bow and use my melee weapon anyway.

With this char, I'm not one of these OP imps in rags with bazookas. This is the main problem of current archery. It should be much more hybridized with melee, just like cav, throwers, and xbows. Wpf should give much more diminishing results in ranged proficiencies. And armor weight should hurt the effective range wpf less.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #351 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:22 pm »
+1
You forgot to show your mighty archer k\d after this one day.

And please, do not spend your time for suggestion like «I've got awful k\d, but instead I was very useful for my team as supporter». Because you can't be good supporter if you have problem with hitting constantly.

And show me 28 level twohander with only 50 wpf points. Even with 0 WM you'll have 105 wpf at 28 level.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:19:18 pm by Cup1d »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #352 on: February 29, 2012, 01:28:27 pm »

And please, do not spend your time for suggestion like «I've got awful k\d, but instead I was very useful for my team as supporter». Because you can't be good supporter if you have problem with hitting constantly.

And show me 28 level twohander with only 50 wpf points. Even with 0 WM you'll have 105 wpf at 28 level.

I melee'd just fine with 4 ps and 0 wpf :s

The difference between 50 and 100 wpf isn't that great actually
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 29, 2012, 01:32:12 pm »

Wpf is insignificant with weapons as fast and short as the dildo and the langes messer. I could even go 0 wpf if I only used those, and see no difference.

It is only really helpful with the slowest 2h like axes or mauls, which I can use with a horn bow + 1 quiver.

My k/d is a whopping 0.34, but then again, I'm a terrible archer. I don't like the gameplay, so I never play long enough to truly improve. When the round begins I mainly shoot at mobs of enemies, hoping to get a hit (like an historical archer, not a modern sniper like some people want archers to be). Then when things calm down I keep mobile and stick with the infantry. I'm able to stun/kill running archers and dehorse cav, which often comes in handy.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 29, 2012, 01:54:35 pm »
+1
Kafein
So, technically, you've got 28 level twohander with 0.34 k/d with your 30 level STF character.
On other word - you can kill someone every third round with overpowered longbow, overpowered bodkins and overpowered mace\langes messer with 30 level character?

Dezilagel
(click to show/hide)

Difference is big when you need to spend your money on repair.
And I'm really interested what weapon you are using with this build dude?

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 29, 2012, 01:56:46 pm »
Kafein
So, technically, you've got 28 level twohander with 0.34 k/d with your 30 level STF character.
On other word - you can kill someone every third round with overpowered longbow, overpowered bodkins and overpowered mace\langes messer with 30 level character?

Dezilagel
(click to show/hide)

Difference is big when you need to spend your money on repair.
And I'm really interested what weapon you are using with this build dude?

I told you, Spear or a Quaterstaff

Hornbow as bow

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 29, 2012, 02:04:48 pm »
polestagger abuser with high athletics?

Yes, this weapons can't make you a bankrupt

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 29, 2012, 02:06:20 pm »
Quarter staff doesn't have polestagger.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 29, 2012, 02:19:46 pm »
polestagger abuser with high athletics?

Yes, this weapons can't make you a bankrupt

Oh but come on.

As said, Quarter Staff doesn't have it and you're not going to stagger anyone with a Spear, 0 wpf, and 4 PS.

Polestagger is random, 50% chance BUT you need to deal more than 15 damage. My main has 59 HP and I very rarely take a quarter damage even from Warspear swings from dedicated melee builds. The only thing that's possibly going to stagger is the thrust with speedbonus on very lightly armored opponents but I mean come on, that's very situational and even then it's just a chance.

The reason I used those weps was b/c of blunt/pierce damage and price.

And 6 ath is pretty average no...?

Also P.S: To be fair, Kafein isn't exactly the greatest melee player. He's not used to archery either, so his K:D seems completely reasonable.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:23:38 pm by Dezilagel »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:22 pm »
Also P.S: To be fair, Kafein isn't exactly the greatest melee player. He's not used to archery either, so his K:D seems completely reasonable.

This. And let's just diplomatically say I'm not one of the greatest melee players anymore :P

I'm curious about when you joined cRPG, Dezi. My skill, or at least relatively to others, went downhill since mid 2011. But I could do much better before :cry:

Finally, I'm pretty sure the k/d of that char could increase if I played it a little more.