Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18073 times)

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Redgrave
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 09:46:58 pm »
Regarding stun:

There is a "weight vs weight" weapon stun. Say - charged (chambered/held/you name it) greatsword  strikes a side sword. There is added delay to the side sword wielder after he blocks, he cant counter attack and MUST block twice unless he massively out manouvers the other guy. In general this applies only to charged attacks and only in situations where a heavier wep strikes a lighter one. Polearms in general are a bit heavier than 2hers so they can use this more. I could be wrong but unless the weight difference is huge this sort of stun applies only on charged overheads. This is a stun only in the way that you must not counterattack immediately after 1st strike.

And then there is polearm stun. When a polearm strikes you with enough dmg - you get a short "staggering" animation during which you can do NOTHING at all. With enough speed you can get in a second guaranteed hit (in native this is possible with spears, in crpg with several weps (depending on build ofc)). This is incredibly annoying in team fights and quite so as well in duel type situations since your opponent can manouver to a favourable position for him.
Not to mention knockdown that hafted spiked mace has - sure kill on all but super heavies.

These are the conclusions I have come to from playing on siege, duels and battle in that order, if Im wrong Id value input.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:48:06 pm by Fraemi »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 11:50:43 pm »
If you get hit you can't strike back unless you block twice in a row. Not all polearms have it though, Long Hafted Blade has it for example.

That's not it. It's when you get hit and can't /block/ so the polearm user gets another hit for free.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 11:57:20 pm »
there are some tricks that you have to experience, why would I share it with you ?
It's not an exploit or bug, you muffin.

Listen, do you think, that if you buy a pike, and a sumpter horse is charging you (yes without a rider).
So do you think that your pike will kill the horse ?
NOOO!! I TELL YOU: NO!
You have to kill the wild raging sumpter horse, with your ugly fingers.
Yes, in some culture they think weapon has soul, but in this game it isnt implemented yet.

So. go to eu3 and you are not allowed to leave until you don't find the damned solution against your problem.
omg damn facepalm
inb4 more wtf posts.
My take on the meaning of this is that it is the player (your ugly fingers), not the weapon (pike), that makes the kill.

Also, yeh. And, whilst a shielder might not be the easiest class to play in cRPG (unlike native), it is still perfectly competitive.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 12:29:38 am »
You do realise the only advantage 2h have over polearms is the better stab animation? Otherwise polearms are faster way slower, longer shorter, more usually same or less damage, cheaper and have stun.

And I forgot to mention that many polearms have only two attack directions. And that any four-attack polearm is much slower than its 2h counterpart, due to differences in speed ratings and more importantly left swing animation. The only "fast" polearm is the awlpike used with two hands. Only two directions, and extremely short.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 01:10:08 am »
Polearms actually have crazy good/fast swing animations...
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 10:47:17 am »
Regarding stun:

There is a "weight vs weight" weapon stun. Say - charged (chambered/held/you name it) greatsword  strikes a side sword. There is added delay to the side sword wielder after he blocks, he cant counter attack and MUST block twice unless he massively out manouvers the other guy. In general this applies only to charged attacks and only in situations where a heavier wep strikes a lighter one. Polearms in general are a bit heavier than 2hers so they can use this more. I could be wrong but unless the weight difference is huge this sort of stun applies only on charged overheads. This is a stun only in the way that you must not counterattack immediately after 1st strike.

And then there is polearm stun. When a polearm strikes you with enough dmg - you get a short "staggering" animation during which you can do NOTHING at all. With enough speed you can get in a second guaranteed hit (in native this is possible with spears, in crpg with several weps (depending on build ofc)). This is incredibly annoying in team fights and quite so as well in duel type situations since your opponent can manouver to a favourable position for him.
Not to mention knockdown that hafted spiked mace has - sure kill on all but super heavies.

These are the conclusions I have come to from playing on siege, duels and battle in that order, if Im wrong Id value input.

This is a great piece of info for a new player like myself, not to mention it explains alot about how 2 handers manage to wade through a load of people before going down.

Went into a scrap with this in mind last night and managed to lead a 2 hander a merry dance before going down.  Even managed to land a few paper cuts myself for a change :)

Thanks for that.  :mrgreen:

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 12:37:31 pm »
That is new to you... but yet you make topics about it. You should be muted.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 01:34:35 pm »
That is new to you... but yet you make topics about it. You should be muted.

I was unaware of 'charged' attacks and that they had to be blocked twice otherwise you would get sliced and diced.
It goes a long way to explaining how they always seemed to get a second strike in even though I was in mid swing and why they always approach with weapon raised to strike.

As to your comment I bow my head in shame to an uberl33t gaming god as yourself and will diligently aspire to improve my psychic powers so that in the future when I buy a new game I shall know all there is to know before I even install it.  :oops:
I Long for the day that I am your equal and can look down on the lower lifeforms that infest the digital highways and will take pleasure in matching you at spouting vacuous bile for no logical reason other than hate and spite.
Untill then I hope that you and similar solipsists live in interesting times.  :twisted:

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 01:48:55 pm »
There is a difference in asking for advice and making a thread called "2h spam" especially if you do not know the mechanics of a certain game. Think about that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:12:03 pm by Siiem »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »
There is a difference in asking for advice and making a thread called "2h spam" especially if you do not know the mechanics of a certain game. Think about that.

I think most people do not know the mechanics of those game unless it concerns their primary build.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:21 pm »
I think most people do not know the mechanics of those game unless it concerns their primary build.

I know all about archery.

Observe;

ratatatatatatatatatat
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Redgrave
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 05:54:41 pm »

This would hold true if people had never played native. Apart from some nuances things are very similar gameplay wise.
This obviously doesnt include theorycrafting which imo is no guarantee of skill.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 06:14:26 pm »
It's funny how every helicopter-oriented chars come here to say "2handers are slow as fuck, shuttup you nub".

Xant
Siiem
Punisher

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »
It's funny how every helicopter-oriented chars come here to say "2handers are slow as fuck, shuttup you nub".

Xant
Siiem
Punisher

funny thing - 2H's are actually quite slow and spam is only possible vs. bad players. I say a nice quote once:
"spam happens because you don't attack back, have a faulty build or just plain suck."

think phyrex said it? anyways, people should listen to it

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »

Xant
Siiem
Punisher

Wat? I was only saying that polearms have a good swing animation/speed.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.