Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18072 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 01:34:28 am »
there are some tricks that you have to experience, why would I share it with you ?
It's not an exploit or bug, you muffin.

Listen, do you think, that if you buy a pike, and a sumpter horse is charging you (yes without a rider).
So do you think that your pike will kill the horse ?
NOOO!! I TELL YOU: NO!
You have to kill the wild raging sumpter horse, with your ugly fingers.
Yes, in some culture they think weapon has soul, but in this game it isnt implemented yet.

So. go to eu3 and you are not allowed to leave until you don't find the damned solution against your problem.
omg damn facepalm

What?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 02:13:41 am »
I think what Garrus means is to go on a C-rpg server and practice against 2 handers until you can beat them.
It can be done, I'm a 2h myself and one of my greatest fears is 1 handers who know how to counter me.... & there is becoming an abundance of them as of late so it can't be that hard or maybe I suck and should start a thread myself. xD

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 02:49:05 am »
Actually, the Fallen Ones server indicates that polearms get the most kills, with two-handed weapons a close second. This is mostly due to reach and damage, as spam rarely ever works on a competent player, and these days, there's never a team composed of complete newbies.

Polearms is no where near as 'reachy' as you'd imagine. You automatically take away 20 of the weapon length for the way the polearm is held. The bonuses you get on your reach for each different swing are also less than 2h, well most of them I know are, a 2h weapon gets something stupid like +80 reach on a thrust, this means the longer 2h swords for instance can outrange alot of polearms when used correctly, most of the popular polearms beside pike are the majority of the ones that can be outranged by 2hers.

I'd just put it down to the better players on there using polearms, or maybe just co-incidental that alot of people use polearms on there.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 02:56:03 am »
The old thrust got +80, new one doesn't. New one is outranged by stuff like GLB, GLA(i think), LHB etc.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 03:29:10 am »
The old thrust got +80, new one doesn't. New one is outranged by stuff like GLB, GLA(i think), LHB etc.

Not GLA, GLA is shorter than your regular 2 handed swords, and that's before the reach reduction from polearm grip.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 03:29:59 am »
Not outranged by great long axe, certainly. And only baaaarely by great long bardiche.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 04:08:34 am »
I don't know, I play as a shielder and frankly it's the throwers which worry me the most, second being archers. Then again, I use a heather shield with 5 shield skill which means not only throwers break it quite fast but archers shoot you from the slightest angle. The 2hs which worry me are the really good blockers, but eh, they deserve to win.

Most of the part about fighting a twohander is knowing how to attack in the first place, I see many shielders die in a, well, stupid way, counterattacking with the wrong swing, falling to feintspam, etc.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 04:28:06 am »
Pass on that one.
I have seen a 2h hit a shield, the 1h attack only to be one shotted in mid swing because the 2 hander is that fast.  Personally I would have thought that the one handed weapon would out pace and 2h by default if only on the laws of physics. 
There doesnt seem to be a trade off with this weapon class insofar as they get horrendous damage, weapon range and shield smegging special powers at the expence of speed.  It seems a dedicated 2 hander gets all of the snacky super  powers and can swing like they're on combat drugs.

Its just seems to be getting a bit cheesy is all.

I've never been able to out swing a shielder continually who knows what he's doing.
On the times I do manage to attack twice before he can attack once, it is because of luck on my side or incompetence from the other player.

I also agree with what the first replier said, about how two handed weapon should have an offensive advantage considering all the hazards that come with it.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 06:57:15 pm »
The stabs outrange my long hafted blade too

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 07:10:39 pm »
I was under the impression that the range of weapons were the actual effective range? Havent experienced anything to the contrary yet. For example the war spear=150 range, never had a 2h sword outrach its stab(not even flameberge, allthough it could).

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »
The stabs outrange my long hafted blade too

You do realise the only advantage 2h have over polearms is the better stab animation? Otherwise polearms are faster, longer, more damage, cheaper and have stun.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 07:16:16 pm »
I was under the impression that the range of weapons were the actual effective range? Havent experienced anything to the contrary yet. For example the war spear=150 range, never had a 2h sword outrach its stab(not even flameberge, allthough it could).

That's not range, it's model length. Range depends on model length and animations.

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 09:05:56 pm »
there are some tricks that you have to experience, why would I share it with you ?
It's not an exploit or bug, you muffin.

Listen, do you think, that if you buy a pike, and a sumpter horse is charging you (yes without a rider).
So do you think that your pike will kill the horse ?
NOOO!! I TELL YOU: NO!
You have to kill the wild raging sumpter horse, with your ugly fingers.
Yes, in some culture they think weapon has soul, but in this game it isnt implemented yet.

So. go to eu3 and you are not allowed to leave until you don't find the damned solution against your problem.
omg damn facepalm

What the fuck am I reading?

Anyway, there are plenty of decent 1h/shield players. Takeda (I forgot the rest of his name), and some other dude whose name starts with a B are pretty damn good and use 1h/shield.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 09:33:20 pm »
You do realise the only advantage 2h have over polearms is the better stab animation? Otherwise polearms are faster, longer, more damage, cheaper and have stun.
Last generation I played with a katana and I have never noticed stun. What is that polearm stun and why have I never had a problem with it?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 09:36:15 pm »
Last generation I played with a katana and I have never noticed stun. What is that polearm stun and why have I never had a problem with it?

If you get hit you can't strike back unless you block twice in a row. Not all polearms have it though, Long Hafted Blade has it for example.