Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18091 times)

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2011, 11:09:07 pm »
and the manual blocking is just no disadvantage versus HOLDRIGHTMOUSEBUTTONICANTDIE?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2011, 11:11:04 pm »
and the manual blocking is just no disadvantage versus HOLDRIGHTMOUSEBUTTONICANTDIE?

derp, reading comprehension failure? What part of "I disagree 1h is underpowered" is not clear?

I'm just sick of people pulling the old "you're safe from ranged" card, because I wish it was so and it isn't.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2011, 11:13:12 pm »
"i disagree 1-h is underpowered" is not the same as saying that the defensive part of the game is way easier with a shield, but this is mere for discussion sake, semantics and wordplay.  :D

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2011, 11:21:40 pm »
Alright then ;)

Defense vs melee is much easier, defense vs ranged is... well, somewhat easier. Killing is also quite easy although you can't spam a crowd of peasants as quick as you can with a MW glaive or something, but it's not a problem. I don't find myself "outspammed" by a twohander with a 97 speed rating 1h and 15 agi with 124 wpf, but you do need to be careful about timing and how to counterattack with a onehander (while defense is harder with a polearm, but offense is easier).

It's well balanced, overall. And onehanders saying they need weapons like the spamsword are just silly, no they don't. Hell, a 95 speed sword works a lot of the time, with a 97 speed sword nobody can "spam" you, and that's with a str build.

Non-round shields need a bit of looking at, especially the heraldric shields which are for some reason much weaker then non-heraldric shields and all are much worse then round shields, for some reason.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2011, 11:30:03 pm »
+1

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2011, 12:17:13 am »
For real, players like Fallen/HRE_Mega, Shogunate_Sonja, Merc_Xant, and many many others who are often on top of the scoreboard with their easiest mode builds would have to work for a simple constant k d of 2 as turtler.

Whoooa now, hold your horses there Michael! How could I be on the top of the scoreboard when I die so much?

Xant, from what I heard from Bjord, you are a decent duelist.
From what I saw from you on the battlefield, you are a horrible (battle) player. You rush, without a shield, forward, and get spammed with ranged shit.
You rush, forward, never look around and get backstabbed by cavalry.
You rush, forward, get outnumbered by a group of enemies and die.

With all this dying and horribleness I'm doing, how could I top the scoreboard? You sure you ain't on some mushrooms, Michael?

(oh yeah also getting a kd of 2.0 as a shielder was possible for me after what, level 14? when I got enough str for my shield and sidesword and a bit of agi)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:18:17 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2011, 12:28:37 am »

You dont understand your own words.

If it was balanced, your words, it would mean 2h gets more kills but dies a lot (as offense class), 1hshield gets not so much kills but stays alive (as defense class),
that would lead to the same kill death ratio.

But what is the truth?

Every mediocre player with a 2h/pole is on top of the scoreboard all the time.

For real, players like Fallen/HRE_Mega, Shogunate_Sonja, Merc_Xant, and many many others who are often on top of the scoreboard with their easiest mode builds would have to work for a simple constant k d of 2 as turtler.

I am not complaining, I play for fun not for cheap easy kills, but its silly that those noobs complain about side sword or steel pick. When they die against a shielder, its because they cant block shit/ dont understand the game mechanics/ make many mistakes like humans do.

Its somehow balanced in native, but crpg priviliges 2h/polearms too much.

I don't speak very well english, so maybe you don't understand what i wrote, but i can ensure you that i understand my words, may be wrong translation...

I didn't talk of balance (not in this thread, but in another you're right) i've talked of offensive and defensive role, but this 2 class wont lead to the same k/d ratio, a defensive class will necessarily do fewer kills, but it can still die before the end of the round. An offensive class will die sooner , but before that it will do more kills.

But you fail to understand teamwork, it's maybe the most important, and it's why not everybody can do the same thing (and k/d) on the battlefield, everyone has his own role.
I like working with a 2hander, i block a foe with my shield, he kills him with is big sword, nice, my foe is dead.

Tbh, i don't see often noob2handers toping the scoreboard, and as i play both 1h and 2h, i can told you that as a 2hander it's not easy to fight a 1hander in a duel, you should try it.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2011, 03:32:30 am »
I think it might be useful to know what weapon type is dealing the killing blow.  A shielder might push back or wound but how many times do they actually kill in comparison to other classes.
Same goes for Archers and polearms. 
It would be interesting to link the names on scoreboards to primary weapon types as well just to see how that scans.
Put it this way.  If kills are dominated by 2 handers to a massive degree then that may raise other questions re class dominance and weapon stats etc.  If it is an even spread with minor variations then we can wind this up and go and get laid.

This is only out of curiosity mind you.  I use a xbow so I don't find it that important.

Perhaps it will interest you that I got top of leader board for a match within a couple hours as a sword and board? Something I can do as a 2h, horse lancer/polearm, and thrower on occasion?

There are dedicated sword and boarders who consistently top the leader board, which leads me to believe people who post all these nerf requests should re-examine their own skills.

I will concede that Crush through weapons are more annoying then even Horse Archers, and infuriating that such a silly predictable attack is immune to a riposte (that's chamber for you philistines).

Speaking of riposte, I got called an OP thrower for riposting an attack with a punch, by the same dude who used to call me spammer after I would block his attacks and kill him. I dunno if he is pulling my leg.

Lastly, if it has not been mentioned already, go read WaltF4's analysis and Formless turn based post in the guide section, that may shed some light on how the game works and perhaps what you could work at.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2011, 03:36:03 am »
Just started an alt for polearm and the long hafted blade is way better and more op than any 2h. Crazy fast, lots of reach and seems to do loads of damage cos of head hits.

An heirloomed one would be bonkers.

At least with 2h you have to make a couple of blocks before launching spam attack.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2011, 05:58:52 am »
+1
i made a k/d  of 8:0 on my last retirement playngn as 1hander  and sometimes as 1 hander on a mameluk   there is nothing wrong on     1handers.  vs  2handers.simply majority of 1hander FAIL

90% fail to understand that thyr stupid  sidesword  103 speed, not allow them to click click click only and win.  you have dead timings too. and you are not faster than a 2 hander. so OMFG yes you need to  attack on the right timing     90% continue use  right from left swing (much slower) even when facehug ppl .

i played all my crpg life with 0 athletics. and continue see  1hander with 7+ athletics fail to outmanouver  the ppl.  , lets say the truth here, an average 1h  is shit, an average 2hander even by only  jump into a group of enemy and swing around    score some kills, is much more easy to kill ppl with 2hander.   but also easy to die .

when a 1hander do 30:5 he have done 3x time the work of a  2hander in terms of swing.   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:06:15 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2011, 07:24:48 am »
On my lvl30 2hander my usual KD is 2-3, sometimes 4. And I can manually block well.
Then I switch to my lvl 25 one hander toon, with some shit shield (not huscarl ofc) and an axe (read, no sidesword, simply because it is overused) and I get a score of 15-2.

Simply because I know how to position myself and when to lower my shield to attack. That's all you need to know when playing a S&B.

Any twohander that isn't using an axe is a free kill
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:27:10 am by Vibe »

Offline Prentyss

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama Clan
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Matsuhiro, Torayama_Yamato
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:31 am »
I don't speak very well english, so maybe you don't understand what i wrote, but i can ensure you that i understand my words, may be wrong translation...

I didn't talk of balance (not in this thread, but in another you're right) i've talked of offensive and defensive role, but this 2 class wont lead to the same k/d ratio, a defensive class will necessarily do fewer kills, but it can still die before the end of the round. An offensive class will die sooner , but before that it will do more kills.

But you fail to understand teamwork, it's maybe the most important, and it's why not everybody can do the same thing (and k/d) on the battlefield, everyone has his own role.
I like working with a 2hander, i block a foe with my shield, he kills him with is big sword, nice, my foe is dead.

Tbh, i don't see often noob2handers toping the scoreboard, and as i play both 1h and 2h, i can told you that as a 2hander it's not easy to fight a 1hander in a duel, you should try it.

On my lvl30 2hander my usual KD is 2-3, sometimes 4. And I can manually block well.
Then I switch to my lvl 25 one hander toon, with some shit shield (not huscarl ofc) and an axe (read, no sidesword, simply because it is overused) and I get a score of 15-2.

Simply because I know how to position myself and when to lower my shield to attack. That's all you need to know when playing a S&B.

Any twohander that isn't using an axe is a free kill

These two quotes should be 'post-it' on beginer's help forum. There is nothing more to say about that. I play as a 2-hander, i'm not a very good player since i don't play for long, but 1H and pikemen are my nightware on battlefield.

As they say, everyone has to learn to play with his build, so just do that.
Japanese proverb : "A protruding nail calls the hammer."

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2011, 10:58:23 am »
I'm sure that 2handers are responsible for most of the kills. But is this game balanced by kills? If it is, then yes there is a huge imbalance.
I don't think this game is balanced by kills. I think it is intentional that one class will have a easier time killing then another. I think the problem is that the game is poor at rewarding you for doing your job. Like your job is insignificant when it actually can be deciding in winning a round.

Medics in team fortress 2 don't get a lot if any kills but without a medic your team will have a hard time winning.
Machine gunners (deployable light machine guns) in a world war 2 multiplayer shooting game will probably be responsible for most of the kills on your team. But if everyone played machine gunners they would lose without infantry backing them up. If your team consisted only of machine gunners you'd all get blown up by grenades.

It would be the same if one team were only 2 handed users. They would lose to a better balanced team. Too much of one single class and your team becomes vulnerable. Except for maybe horse archers.

So maybe crpg could do a better job of rewarding you for doing your job. Instead of kill scores, maybe it should be point scores