Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18148 times)

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2011, 04:08:50 am »
wtf..
-.-

Sorry if that sounds offensive. I'm not saying there aren't any good NA players (there are many exceptional players), but you have to admit that there are a lot of horrible players on NA. I'm used to a server consisting of a small group of hardcore Warband/cRPG players where almost every kill is difficult to get. NA, on the other hand, is very challenging only if you choose to ignore the large number of peasants and absolutely terrible 2H 'spammers' (who seem to try to spam any weapon regardless of speed; even I can block them easily and hit them, without them even attempting to block!). For sure there are many good 2H (and even peasants!), but there are also many crap players who are easy to kill. I've found (in my small number of hours on NA, so likely it isn't very accurate) that the best players on there are 1h/shield, 2H and polearm users. I think I've only been hit by an archer three or four times and each time was when I was climbing a steep ladder on a siege map without a shield. Some of the archers on the Aus server can shoot a foot from across the other side of a wide map. Surely some NA archers can too, but I have yet to encounter them. All of this could be said for EU too, but Gorath is on NA so I spoke about NA, rather than EU (though I never play EU because I get a ping of 350+ on there  :shock:).

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »
SURE YOU CAN USE THEM VERY WELL SIR.

Lol insult the player to make your "point".

The main reason I don't play a 2h character is because the computer I play on is 9 years old and honestly it just doesn't run well enough to manual block consistently on high population servers.

Also just a last point, don't act like your all high and mighty or that your "skills" really are so significantly better.

I have a weapon collection irl and train with hand to hand weapons and also a practitioner of hapkido so in all honesty I have far more skill with weapons than you do.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2011, 01:31:46 pm »
Lol insult the player to make your "point".

The main reason I don't play a 2h character is because the computer I play on is 9 years old and honestly it just doesn't run well enough to manual block consistently on high population servers.

Also just a last point, don't act like your all high and mighty or that your "skills" really are so significantly better.

I have a weapon collection irl and train with hand to hand weapons and also a practitioner of hapkido so in all honesty I have far more skill with weapons than you do.

I'm not sure if this is a trollpost or not. I mean aren't we talking about in-game 2h skills in this thread? Or did it suddenly turn into a real life ninja skills discussion? Neither can you claim with certainty that you have more RL ninja skillz than Xant. What if he really is a ninja irl and is already lurking your bedroom shadows because you so foolishly present your claims?

I wish I could tripleminus your awesomebar.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:39:51 pm by Vibe »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2011, 01:50:35 pm »
I fail to see how ninja skills come in handy when you fight with a european great sword.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2011, 01:53:50 pm »

you just played the ultimate fail card

you only say stuff like this if you know you've failed and you want to save it by trying to impress other people with your 'awesome' collection.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2011, 01:58:09 pm »
you just played the ultimate fail card

you only say stuff like this if you know you've failed and you want to save it by trying to impress other people with your 'awesome' collection.

I'd be careful what you say... You just might piss off this internet bully and he might poke your eye out with one of the sticks from his 'weapon collection'.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2011, 02:08:56 pm »
I'd be careful what you say... You just might piss off this internet bully and he might poke your eye out with one of the sticks from his 'weapon collection'.

oh my!
you should have warned be before, now it's too late...
christ, im so scared!

Offline Guts

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2011, 02:10:13 pm »
Sorry if that sounds offensive. I'm not saying there aren't any good NA players (there are many exceptional players), but you have to admit that there are a lot of horrible players on NA. I'm used to a server consisting of a small group of hardcore Warband/cRPG players where almost every kill is difficult to get. NA, on the other hand, is very challenging only if you choose to ignore the large number of peasants and absolutely terrible 2H 'spammers' (who seem to try to spam any weapon regardless of speed; even I can block them easily and hit them, without them even attempting to block!). For sure there are many good 2H (and even peasants!), but there are also many crap players who are easy to kill. I've found (in my small number of hours on NA, so likely it isn't very accurate) that the best players on there are 1h/shield, 2H and polearm users. I think I've only been hit by an archer three or four times and each time was when I was climbing a steep ladder on a siege map without a shield. Some of the archers on the Aus server can shoot a foot from across the other side of a wide map. Surely some NA archers can too, but I have yet to encounter them. All of this could be said for EU too, but Gorath is on NA so I spoke about NA, rather than EU (though I never play EU because I get a ping of 350+ on there  :shock:).

theres bad players on both NA and EU servers as well as good ones and many 2 h in NA do try the spam spam method which is fine by me easy kills but going as far as saying best fighters are sheilders imo sheild= baddie cant manual block and if he can and well he gets respect  im not sure theres only 3 rlly good sheilders i can think of most others just fall for the circle spam and only 3 or 4 times shot by an archer i wanna kno when u played on NA i get shot at least twice a map lol :P

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2011, 02:15:05 pm »
theres bad players on both NA and EU servers as well as good ones and many 2 h in NA do try the spam spam method which is fine by me easy kills but going as far as saying best fighters are sheilders imo sheild= baddie cant manual block and if he can and well he gets respect  im not sure theres only 3 rlly good sheilders i can think of most others just fall for the circle spam and only 3 or 4 times shot by an archer i wanna kno when u played on NA i get shot at least twice a map lol :P

Is that supposed to be one sentence?

Offline Guts

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2011, 02:18:02 pm »
Is that supposed to be one sentence?
yes my super awesome run on sentence :D. John you rlly gonna grammer chocolate chip cookie me >_< .

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2011, 02:56:07 pm »
My take on 2h spam:

Back in the black armour days i didnt even block 1/2 the time and trusted to glancing bows that wouldnt interrupt me (players were too close/bad swing/bad movement/not enough ps.

So obviously it was just swing/swing/take a hit/block/swing swing swing swing tk tk tk tk.

Nowadays i cant ever really remember spamming anyone. Even feinting more than 2-3 times gets me slashed.

If you turtle up then 2h will spam you for sure - they have no reason not to.

Playing on my 1h i sometime take 2-3 hits from a 2h/polearm to get a measure of their speed and then make my attacks. You CAN "spam" as a 1h too u know. U dont always have to block as soon as you finish your attack. The 1hs i fear most just go mental on me like i was a crush-blocker sometimes and thats the mindset you need to have to beat "spam".

If you're on a "defensive" mindset then those with an "offensive" mindset will be attacking you more than you are attacking them.

Too much of one or the other and too much of a fixed mindset will make you fuck up eventually though.

Sometimes it's good to go mental and just trust to footwork to avoid blows. Sometimes it's better to block 2-3 blows before you make your attack (i do this as a flamberger often enough - usualy against a fast attacker just so i can get the timing right and they will be in "spam" mode and dont block your swing 1/2 the time).

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2011, 05:10:27 pm »
Is it possible to use the logs to count kills by weapon type?  I know they scroll up the side of the screen ingame, but does it actually record it?

Just curious as everyone is commenting from a personal level and personal experience.  It would be quite interesting to look at it from a global view based on actual game data.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »
EU4 had it but last time i checked it was mixed with prepatch stats so you really couldnt see the current stats well.
Dont know if EU4 still has Stats but i guess they would need a fresh start to get some viable data from it.

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2011, 06:35:56 pm »
+1
:Dbest advice : Make a 2h to see it urself :D

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2011, 07:29:36 pm »

Wow, someone else with a weapon collection, I too have various bats, clubs and kitchen knives, we're like long lost brothers.

Except the Hapkido part, I like to learn -real- martial arts.