Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18100 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:23 pm »
It has more to do than you repeatedly attacking me on this forum.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »
lolwat
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2011, 11:54:36 pm »
To spell it out for you, at least I talk about a sword and experience using one which is roughly the idea of what the game "Mount and Blade" is all about.

Your just acting like a douche.

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2011, 12:01:21 am »
Most iportant is that glitch 2h´s use.
The ridiculous thing is that you can stab and during the stab swing to anydirection and "pierce" with the flank of sword.
A stab should be a short pierce but its not, even if your max range is reached you are capabel to swing your stab to any direction and hit.
If this is fixed, 2h wont be OP anymore and the game is ballanced ;D

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2011, 12:04:38 am »
To spell it out for you, at least I talk about a sword and experience using one which is roughly the idea of what the game "Mount and Blade" is all about.

Your just acting like a douche.

You're not talking about anything relevant to M&B. You're just bragging and trying to impress others, when in reality only one impressed is yourself. Your "experience" has nothing to do with anything. Even if it /did/, you haven't mentioned anything useful. Stop acting like we care about your "Hapkido."
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2011, 12:39:07 am »
Lol insult the player to make your "point".

The main reason I don't play a 2h character is because the computer I play on is 9 years old and honestly it just doesn't run well enough to manual block consistently on high population servers.

Also just a last point, don't act like your all high and mighty or that your "skills" really are so significantly better.

Note that those are video game skills in a blatantly unbalanced game.

Honestly what I think would make it fair is if 2h weapons had to wait a bit to swing again if they missed, thus allowing an adequate chance for players with shorter weapons to attack back. This would not hinder the core mechanics of strike block strike combat but would instead make a penalty for players who just swing their giant 2h weapons all over the place.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46:23 am »
Honestly what I think would make it fair is if 2h weapons had to wait a bit to swing again if they missed, thus allowing an adequate chance for players with shorter weapons to attack back.

You have an adequate chance to attack back. You just need to counterattack after blocking, and do so immediately. If you are not in range, you don't attack.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2011, 12:52:17 am »

Honestly what I think would make it fair is if 2h weapons had to wait a bit to swing again if they missed, thus allowing an adequate chance for players with shorter weapons to attack back. This would not hinder the core mechanics of strike block strike combat but would instead make a penalty for players who just swing their giant 2h weapons all over the place.

What? Why did you quote yourself and what does it have to do with anything? Note that you know absolutely nothing about my RL skills, and yet you made the idiotic assumption you know more about the subject.

The game isn't "blatantly unbalanced." It's not perfectly balanced, but melee isn't broken at the moment. To counter 2h, l2p.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2011, 07:48:49 am »
At the end of the day player skill wins. Stop this QQ at once.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2011, 09:14:53 am »
At the end of the day player skill wins. Stop this QQ at once.
Er not quite.
If you carry a shield and meet a 2 hander skill is only a minor factor.
You have to take into account:

Level difference
Stat differences
Equipment strengths
Heirlooms
Weapon stats
Ping

amongst other things.

If you as a non 2 hander meet someone wielding a Barmace or 2h Sword, how many times can you afford to screw up and get hit?  Once? Twice?  If the 2 hander has decent equipment he can potentialy afford to screw up a few times before going down.  In the mean time he has cut a bloody swathe across the battlements.  The damage differences and weapon effects are poles apart.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:16:00 am by Franklin »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2011, 09:23:11 am »
Er not quite.

Level difference
Stat differences
Equipment strengths
Heirlooms
Weapon stats
Ping

amongst other things.

If you as a non 2 hander meet someone wielding a Barmace or 2h Sword, how many times can you afford to screw up and get hit?  Once? Twice?  If the 2 hander has decent equipment he can potentialy afford to screw up a few times before going down.  In the mean time he has cut a bloody swathe across the battlements.  The damage differences and weapon effects are poles apart.

Then don't screw up - which ends up in player skill, doesn't it? Also 2 handers have a weakness for all the ranged, including thrown which is what is actually quite OP these days. Shielders can just hide behind the shield. This is a team game. If you can't duel a 2-hander then get your artillery to take him down - agi 2h will be dead in 2 shots, or even one. And the STR one can't spam you as much.

I swear you people find anything to nitpick on.

L2P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:44:58 am by Vibe »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2011, 11:42:58 am »
Er not quite.

Level difference
Stat differences
Equipment strengths
Heirlooms
Weapon stats
Ping

amongst other things.

Guess what, that applies to everyone, you think a 2H weapon gives you superpowers and you can screw up against anyone? If I screw up once against a shielder and allow him to hit me I'm dead because I usually get outspammed and with the 1h animations I rarely manage to block. Now if you suck and allow 2H to circle spam you it's your own fault.

I actually think a 1h+shield can afford to screw up way more than a 2H because you can always hide behind your shield if you are in a tight situation, while a 2H has to manual block his way out.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2011, 12:19:49 pm »

Derp, my name is Konrax and I'm a shielder using the most overpowered 1 handed weapon and I still want weapons nerfed because I suck at the game.

Have you never heard of the W key? Use it.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2011, 01:27:15 pm »
Derp, my name is Konrax and I'm a shielder using the most overpowered 1 handed weapon and I still want weapons nerfed because I suck at the game.

Have you never heard of the W key? Use it.

I think ALT+F4 would suit him better.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2011, 01:37:12 pm »
Guess what, that applies to everyone, you think a 2H weapon gives you superpowers and you can screw up against anyone? If I screw up once against a shielder and allow him to hit me I'm dead because I usually get outspammed and with the 1h animations I rarely manage to block. Now if you suck and allow 2H to circle spam you it's your own fault.

I actually think a 1h+shield can afford to screw up way more than a 2H because you can always hide behind your shield if you are in a tight situation, while a 2H has to manual block his way out.

This is true.  I was just attempting to point out that there are other factors involved other than pure player skill. 
There are a lot of things to be considered when assessing a classes affectivness and overall impact on the balance of a game.  If there is no issue with 2 handed weapons then we have had a fun discussion.  If there is then hopefully nerf/buff/compromise, the problem will be solved.

As to which class is more prolific only game data can tell.

Hell, if we don't discuss this kind of thing then nothing is learnt and there is no evolution towards perfection.  :wink: