Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18149 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2011, 10:03:49 pm »
Wow, someone else with a weapon collection, I too have various bats, clubs and kitchen knives, we're like long lost brothers.

Except the Hapkido part, I like to learn -real- martial arts.

Lol good job insulting one of the most effective combat martial arts ever to exist. Formed from the Takeda house martial arts, the founder of Hapkido knew all 3308 moves within the Takeda house art and made Hapkido with it. Hapkido was also used by the Korean Elite guard to protect the royal family against all types of martial arts and potential threats.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Hapkido is also used by SWAT, ETF, Special Forces, Navy Seals and even the Marines learn a few Hapkdio moves.

As far as my weapon collection goes, lets just say I sleep with a Nodachi next to my bed not a baseball bat.

As far as 2h spam goes I can kill people with 1 wpf in 2h using a longsword and keeping up with all but the fastest 2h fighters using my elite manual blocking skills. On a side note I swing the longsword significantly faster 2 handed with 1wpf than I do 1handed with 145 wpf.

EDIT2: The reason I talked about my RL skills is to show how your internet video game skills are pointless when we are trying to have a discussion about game mechanics and FAIRNESS within this mod and that I have a life outside of playing this mod 24/7.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:10:13 pm by Konrax »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2011, 10:06:59 pm »
Lol good job insulting one of the most effective combat martial arts ever to exist. Formed from the Takeda house martial arts, the founder of Hapkido knew all 3308 moves within the Takeda house art and made Hapkido with it. Hapkido was also used by the Korean Elite guard to protect the royal family against all types of martial arts and potential threats.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Hapkido is also used by SWAT, ETF, Special Forces, Navy Seals and even the Marines learn a few Hapkdio moves.

As far as my weapon collection goes, lets just say I sleep with a Nodachi next to my bed not a baseball bat.

As far as 2h spam goes I can kill people with 1 wpf in 2h using a longsword and keeping up with all but the fastest 2h fighters using my elite manual blocking skills. On a side note I swing the longsword significantly faster 2 handed with 1wpf than I do 1handed with 145 wpf.

you managed to fail again

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2011, 10:10:31 pm »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On a side note I swing the longsword significantly faster 2 handed with 1wpf than I do 1handed with 145 wpf.
2h'd superior animations.  Everyone eventually notices that 2hers don't need wpf compared to the other weapon types.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »
So I guess based on what you said, saying that 2h has better animations then it therefore has an advantage and should be nerfed so it is in par with 1h?

Is that what your saying?

EDIT:

Korean Police showing off their Hapkido
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLbjpRFI3YA

Hapkido Grandmaster Showing some pain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM2ySFA3t3M
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:17:19 pm by Konrax »

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2011, 10:20:18 pm »
So I guess based on what you said, saying that 2h has better animations then it therefore has an advantage and should be nerfed so it is in par with 1h?

Is that what your saying?

Yes, yes.  Let's just make every single weapon in the game equal all across the board.  With 100 speed, 40 cut and 35 pierce.  No variation.  None at all.  No class differences, no weapon drawbacks or advantages whatsoever.  Just different models.  Yes, yes.  This would make the game much more fun and interesting.
 :?

I guess you also whine when people drive a better car than you too
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2011, 10:22:39 pm »
Yes, yes.  Let's just make every single weapon in the game equal all across the board.  With 100 speed, 40 cut and 35 pierce.  No variation.  None at all.  No class differences, no weapon drawbacks or advantages whatsoever.  Just different models.  Yes, yes.  This would make the game much more fun and interesting.
 :?

I guess you also whine when people drive a better car than you too

Sorry is it too much to ask that both skills be equal speed at the same weapon speed? So that a 92 speed weapon is 92 speed in all the three melee types. Not 92 speed in 2h, 85 speed 1h, and 89 speed polearm?

Not asking for all the same weapons, asking for FAIR animations that don't artificially make one proficiency faster than other ones.

Offline King Ahab

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »
I have 90 wpf and I outswing a lot of 1h'ers... is that just the incentive in a fight or plain low wpf on the 1h side?

EDIT: with 2h, a lot comes down to the footwork... you can actually force glancing blows and outswing a fast 1her by shifting around..

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2011, 10:49:41 pm »

EDIT2: The reason I talked about my RL skills is to show how your internet video game skills are pointless when we are trying to have a discussion about game mechanics and FAIRNESS within this mod and that I have a life outside of playing this mod 24/7.

Oh shiit, not the SWAT and the special forces? Craaaaap. I do thusly apologize for offending you, please don't grab the nodachi next to your bed and come after me with your INSANE hapkido skillz. And by gods, please do not link to more Hapkido videos on youtube, they are making me have nightmares.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2011, 10:55:30 pm »

No actually, I do belive those guys learn Krav maga and Kenpo.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:03 pm »
I have a weapon collection irl and train with hand to hand weapons and also a practitioner of hapkido so in all honesty I have far more skill with weapons than you do.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2011, 11:00:20 pm »

lolllllll cmpxchg8b nice picture but your way off. It's nice to see that admins acting like said picture.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:06:32 pm by Konrax »

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2011, 11:11:09 pm »

Interesting martial art. Seriously.  But it doesn't realy have a bearing on this game per se.  Nor does any other for that matter.  I am in re-enactment and have faced Dane axes, bows, crossbows, cavalry and brute violence from the more enthusiastic groups.   I could rattle off how the 2 handed weapon in-game is slightly close to the real thing in its damage capabilities and its ability to bust through weapons but is miles away in speed because the game doesnt realistically represent weapon mass.  Thus it is a lot faster than it should be.  But at the end of the day its bollocks.
Without any hard data as to which weapon class tops the charts and by how much it is all speculation.  Things missing from the conversation are

level differences
class differences-an archer/xbowman is fecked if caught by anybody.
which class has the most gens and heirlooms
Armour worn.  You might be able to take 3 hits from a shielder, but if you screw up just once against a 2 hander your knackered.
Class balance by map.  In one game taking a castle it was in the main 2 handers.  When it switched to the shore landing with the village at the top of some cliffs it seemed to switch to shields.

Only if after checking all this against kill levels, there is still a large leaning towards 2 handers then there is an issue to be looked at.  It is my belief at the moment that most of the 2 hander players are old timers with heirloom weapons and it is new players like myself that are getting cheesed by them because our stats and equipment arent quite there yet.  Plus I think most people find 2 handed a lot of fun especially against groups where you can swing like a crazy f*cker and hit lots.

I do believe as well that the stats do make the 2 handed weapons a bit to fast but I would rather sojmething done to the other classes rather than go nerf mad.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2011, 11:11:58 pm »
No actually, I do belive those guys learn Krav maga and Kenpo.

No, they don't have one system they train in. Marines, for example, have their own shizzle. And others usually use whatever trainers they can get (=inhouse people usually, so depends what they've trained in)
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:53 pm »
Oh shiit, not the SWAT and the special forces? Craaaaap. I do thusly apologize for offending you, please don't grab the nodachi next to your bed and come after me with your INSANE hapkido skillz. And by gods, please do not link to more Hapkido videos on youtube, they are making me have nightmares.

I guess you proved my point that your attacking the person and not even saying a single thing about the game mechanics that your quoting.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:51 pm »
I guess you proved my point that your attacking the person and not even saying a single thing about the game mechanics that your quoting.

Ah yes I am sorry, you sleeping next to a nodachi has a lot to do with game mechanics.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.