Author Topic: Polls on Wooki, Lilith/Nuffen AND [ptx] - DISCUSSION  (Read 27188 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Polls on Wooki and Lilith/Nuffen - DISCUSSION
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2011, 12:01:37 pm »
Why is it that it is the 2 most active admins that are being polled? Just something to think about.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2011, 12:18:23 pm »
Because Balton is campaigning against admins, I say ban him!

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2011, 12:25:28 pm »
Why is it that it is the 2 most active admins that are being polled? Just something to think about.

There are plenty of other admins who are very active but not being polled. The rules have to be refined of course, revenge polling has to be ruled out, as revenge +1s of banned players, when their ban wasn't controversial.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2011, 12:33:59 pm »
As said earlier, the admins have free operation process, and that just creates polemics.
There should be a patern on how to punish a misacting cRPG'er.

Example:
 -You tk or intentionally TK at the end of the round or whatever? You get warned.
-Second time, might it not be the same day, who cares, you get a kick, if you complain, you just get plain muted.
-3rd time, ban.

This might even seem a little to soft, maybe skip the first step. Cuz "just a warning" won't make the poor dead TKed guy feel like he's been avenged. If you have straight rules on how to act with troublemakers, then admin decisions should technically never be questionned.

Maybe we should try to elect admins ourself, at least it would be democratic. If we had the chance to vote on the admins, maybe these 2 guys wouldn't have been elected, who knows? There are plenty of active players on cRPG that definitely deserve to become admin. I personally think the shogunates -except George probably- would make good admins, they are always very fair and noble, although I'm not playin 24/7 so maybe I'm wrong?

PS: About Balton, why do you guys even bother reading his posts? Leave the guy, and he'll vanish by himself. Whenever I see he posted, I just ignore it and switch to the one right under. I only hope he won't post something interesting one day that I might miss, but I doubt about it... Oh, and also stop giving him -Awesomepoints, he's probably proud of them.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:40:15 pm by MrExxc »

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2011, 12:36:58 pm »
Just make Balton admin and justice will be served i'm sure.

We would truly see the definition of a Golden Age.

Because Balton is campaigning against admins, I say ban him!

You're right bro, I am the sole reason of why admins are about to lose their positions. Seems like even admins have to answer to me.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2011, 01:00:10 pm »
I'm new in the multiplayer warband world, but I've been an admin for two years in another game and I want to share my two cents about it.

When you are an admin, specially those who have to kick/ban people, you have to try not to be wrong. However, you are human (surprise) and you make mistakes sometimes. For instance, you cannot see what is happening at all times in the battlefield because (surprise) you also like to play , so as the same as in real life sports, sometimes errors are made.

However, when you ban in person (not in front of 100 people like it is the case here) if you make an error and that person demonstrates you were incorrect , you can be sorry, unban him and he is happy again. But if there are 100 people out there some will apreciate that a lot and 2-4 people might get the wrong idea and think they can do whatever they want as long they say they are sorry or "the admin is mistaken".

That's why sometimes admins make an error, and don't say "sorry, I didn't know". Cause actually admins don't know everything that happens.

All that said, if the error is a kick you shouldnt be mad about it. If it is a small ban you can argue it and I'm sure the admin will know if it's right or not, and of course if it is a large ban its going to be a drama. But I don't think thats the case.

Also the "assholes" out there teasing admins and such only make things more difficult to them. Trying to bend rules also makes that, cause the admin cannot know if you were trying to be an asshole in that tk or you simply were playing with a friend. So the rules are there to make things simpler for both admins and players, follow them (even if your intentions are good) and everything will be allright.

PD: Some of the veteran players say rules are not clear (if it deserves a kick or ban or what). That should be addressed, if all admins do the same (special cases will be always there) with the normal TK and such, it will be good for both players and you admins.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:38:10 pm by Duerkos »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2011, 02:10:18 pm »
Also the "assholes" out there teasing admins and such only make things more difficult to them.

There are indeed a lot of 'em messing with admins... :?

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2011, 02:24:10 pm »
There are indeed a lot of 'em messing with admins... :?

Never fear, the I.S.P.C.A. has it covered.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2011, 02:40:34 pm »
Never fear, the I.S.P.C.A. has it covered.

Who and what is I.S.P.C.A? And where do i apply?  :o

Offline Mizuk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK
  • Game nicks: GK_Mizuk
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2011, 02:41:37 pm »
When you go to job interview you will go thru selection process, its likely that you need good qualifications/skills/references to get the job.

In here i fail to understand on what basis admins being selected, i would rather have no admins as players can make vote decisions themselves who to kick/mute. Lets create anarchy! Fuck the power abusers!

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2011, 02:55:41 pm »
When you go to job interview you will go thru selection process, its likely that you need good qualifications/skills/references to get the job.

In here i fail to understand on what basis admins being selected, i would rather have no admins as players can make vote decisions themselves who to kick/mute. Lets create anarchy! Fuck the power abusers!

Much like how you selected someone to referee a youngins football match. No real qualification needed, because its a fun match.

If this was a project by a serious cooperation, job interviews would be mandatory for admins, but this is not the case.

Your fault is viewing admins as actual administrators/game-masters..

Admins are first-and-foremost players, then humans and last admins. By that i mean, they play and have fun until they see something nasty, then human emotions comes into play, and mistakes can be made. After some banter back and forth, they will evaluate the situation, and act accordingly.   

Expecting someone to focus on being a admin without pay, is nuts.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2011, 03:04:03 pm »
Nice Video babelfish!

What program are you using? Vegas?

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2011, 03:09:05 pm »
Nice Video babelfish!

What program are you using? Vegas?

Thanks, adobe premiere :o

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2011, 03:36:14 pm »
Who and what is I.S.P.C.A? And where do i apply?  :o

International Society for the Protection from Cruelty to Admins.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2431.msg42582.html#msg42582

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2011, 04:45:29 pm »
Well, beat being kicked out for having high ping at round start, by Lilith of course. Random and silly, and has nothing to do with any rules.

Also random accusations that are not true are just random and silly, and have nothing to do with me being admin or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login