Author Topic: Assists, assists, assists  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Assists, assists, assists
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 04:35:11 pm »
here is a gauge on whether not your doing good...

if u have an x5=yes
if u have x1=no

everything else is irrelevant,if you have an x5 your obviously doing something right if u have x1 there is obviously something wrong

Uhh, no.  Some of my 'best' games are on bad teams where I have to try and do everything myself.
I'll be doing great, individually, but have x1 for an hour.

Other times my team will be so stacked I can do jack shit and have x5 all day.

-----------------------------------

I can't believe how many people oppose something as simple as an Assist stat.
It's not for e-peen reasons, as many of you seem to believe. I can't recall any game where a person bragged about their assist count. 

It could even help a support player improve, by highlighting when/where they help the most.
Also, for new players just starting out: it's incredibly demoralizing to go kill-less, at least they could be recognized when they help kill.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 06:03:44 pm »
+1
if u have x1 there is obviously something wrong

With your team. Not necessarily you. There are very few players who can influence the entire outcome of a round.

I don't get why people are so against a better scoreboard considering most games with successful teamwork/whatever have them. There are very few games which don't have assists on the board. Tbh it's a little outdated not to.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:06:21 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 08:59:22 pm »
+2
Not really needed, you can already see who's doing good or not just by watching the play.

Neither are new animations, models, weapons, etc. but people still want to see them.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Madman

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 04:14:32 pm »
Idea, include silent assist count (removes need to mess with the scoreboard) and instead every 3-5 assists counts as a kill.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:30 am »
i have had those rounds as well i could kill 6 enemy's and my team would still lose and what was wrong was not my performance but my teams

and for you who say its not about comparing whos dick is bigger your mistaken the only time you ever hear about the score board is either them bitching about how there team is too fail to be playing or how there so much better then everyone on there team or how some player is carrying our team just because of some stupid number that says how many time he killed and how many time he died
(atleast in my experience)
kills mean nothing assists mean nothing deaths mean nothing seeing how one of those kills/assists/deaths was a lvl 1 peasant to a lvl 35 fully loomed veteran

any small editions such as merely showing how many times you assisted wont help that

do you think that guy 0/5 k/d is just doing nothing?he assisting

the only way is  COMPLETE REVAMP with a highly complicated system showing the importance of each player lvl,skill,items

idk let me think of examples....

• level of players character
  • lvls 1-35 are worth their rank in points based strictly off there rank
  • maybe make it so the rank of the player THEMSELVES only counts and goes into effect at lvl 30(so your rank is not tainted on your way to 30)
  • based off the kill you get points based off the current rank of the player in the scoreboard
  • his rank in the round
  • level of his gear
  • general level of his team
  • general competition of the round(as in the harder the round the more score)
  • importance of character in game(assists,horse takedowns, multi kills, most damage, most shield defense,saves,most blocks,equipment placement etc)
  • the speed of the victory
  • his scoreboard rank(seeing how you should get more points for killing a veteran then a new guy
  • his gen
^^^examples

in order for it to be relevant there has to be some serous time put into it

until then its just comparing who dick is bigger...

SO IN SHORT its not because i do not like the idea of a GOOD scoreboard its just i doubt the scoreboard put in will be good enough to be keeping score of a game as complicated as crpg

if you find anything wrong with what i said please let me know i tried to keep it correct if you see things pop up twice or something tell me i typed this during deaths

Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Tengil

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Tengil
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2012, 09:07:22 am »
 I think it would help people to be more cooperative and it would be nice to see and show others that you are a good teammate.
I also think that maybe there should be a certain amount of dmg at not less so that peasants dont get assist for 1 point of dmg they deal or whatever...

I also think they should add a killcam but thats another story hehe...
Evil guy with a dragon and a horn to summon it with.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:18 am »
if i understand correctly your either referring to

some sort point system for how much damage you do(sure of course it would be nice to see how much damage i did in a gen)

or misinterpreting the 2ND example i used,if this is the case i ment it as in if you kill a lvl 1 peasant u got one point and if you killed a lvl 35 it would be worth considerable points

oh also a good idea would be a lvl gap bonus like if a lvl one some how killed a lvl 35 with a rock shot to the head would get some sort of score multiplier lol

(its always nice to kill someone when you a peasant)
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2012, 08:04:04 pm »
I just think that the battle mode (team deathmatch) should be replaced with something else being the standard gamemode of cRPG next to siege.

Battle mode is won by killing the enemy team, so the ultimative goal is killing, which is bad for gameplay, I think. A reason why rageball is so popular is that killing doesn't matter so much, I guess.

I would prefer a system where you need to capture and hold certain places on the map, forcing everyone to play in a team instead of simply relying on killing the enemy before he kills you.

How about a map with three flag points, that work exactly like the master of the field flags. Every flag point serves as spawn point as well, and offers a certain amount of respawns. (Note that the initial spawns at the beginning og the round are NOT the flag points!). Depending on which team is currently the owner, killed players can respawn after a few seconds again, they can choose at which flag point before spawning.

If the flag point changes the owner, your team respawns get automatically reduced by the amounts of respawns left of that flag point. You can conquer it back, but you will get it back only with less spawn points than before, because the enemy will have used some.

This leads to the interesting situation, that you actually want to take the flag point without killing too many enemies, because once conquered the flag point becomes useless, besides the general purpose of winning a map if you own all flag points at a time or no enemies are left any more. (Killing lonely dismounted cavalrymen or poor peasants would be contraproductive, if the enemy has flag points with a lot of respawns left)

Such a gamemode would bring the benefit of splitting up those big infantry mobs, and teamplay would become crucial.

What do you think? I the flag points are placed along the middle line between the two teams you would still have an open battle, but there would be a left flank, a center and a right flank, which requires more teamplay than the usual battles with a big center and a few skirmishes at the flanks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:06:14 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 08:06:13 pm »
I play this game when I want to poleaxe people to the face.

If I want to be tactical about it I play ArmA 2, or to some extent strategus but warband pubs are pubs and should remain as such imo.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »
+1
You are still free to charge the enemy headlong...  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2012, 05:52:29 am »
It'd be cool to know how many points you attribute to the autobalance.

I use the scoreboard to identify threats on the other team. That way I know whether or not any of the tough cav, pikemen, etc. are alive or dead.

Assists are difficult to identify. As long as you're dealing damage, kills will come either way. How much information can the game gather and display before it adversely affects the servers?

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:40 pm »
Good idea, as long as it doesn't affect gold or xp income. I mean why is your work only messured by kills & deaths. Hits would be nice and easy to do I guess.

Kills  Deaths Hits 

and maybe an overall score.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2012, 01:42:33 pm »
necrosis to prevent new thread.

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »
zombie thread comes in handy:
REMOVE ANY BRAI.... SCORES!

(click to show/hide)

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2012, 12:24:06 am »
Still a valid thread  :!:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln