Author Topic: throwing is broken  (Read 22660 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: throwing is broken
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:10 am »
So unless someone can come up with a way to buff pure throwers without buffing hybrids, I say leave them as they are.
again, wpf increasing accuracy
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2012, 10:11:31 am »
Rumblood, there's something you don't get (or even two)

Once again you compare throwing to archery which, de facto, make your points mostly invalid.
While with archery you can just stand away from melee pewpew 30 arrows or 60 if you dont take a decent melee weapon and just run when ever things get out of controle, throwing is something complelty different.
A pure thrower will more likely take throwing lances, you get four (and playing this class is actually causing me to get raped by upkeep...). You have to use them wisely, no foolish throwing, no throwing to this random cav passing a mile from you, no throwing towards this lonely archer, no throwing on shielders(even though it does pretty good damage to the shield you'v pretty much wasted 25% of your potential), when your team get pushed backwards, the missed lance throws lands behind enemy lines and there's no getting them back immediatly in the best case scenario (or just hope there's a pure thrower on the enemy team that will kindly throw them back over, but if that's zlisch there's more chance he keeps my masterwork stuff).
All this to say you have to be really selective on your targets : tincans maulers blocking a stairway (Gnjus), an old hag swinging her sword wildly (Leshma) or cav thinking your an easy target and try to couch you (my favorite!)

So, yea, let's say youv just spammed your stuff to enemy, what now? there's still 4 minuts in the battle and you'r empty handed, at best you find some throwing weapons on the floor, you'r more likely fall on heavy throwing axes, jarids if you'r lucky...
(and then next round kicks in the super awesome bug where you spawn with 3 javelins, 3 heavy throwing axes, 8 darts and a throwing lances! Huzzah!)

or you pick up a weapon in the battlefield and that's what's going to happen most of the time (because i can assure you, you'll never find enough throwing stuff on the floor to fill up your slots)
Throwing is no long distance range, you have to get up close and personnal if you wish to hit anything, and things get pretty dirty, quite often, very soon. there's no safe distance pew pewing, and there's absolutly no advantage in doing it.
There kicks in another fact, i believe, IMHO, that it is uttterly retarded to go pure pure thrower. you'll be in combat far more then archers will be, archers will be pew pewing far form the melee and running when needed(running is good when you still have ammo left...), having  melee perks in their build is not necessary. With throwing it is, you have to get some powerstrike in (i have 4) and wpf (90) in order to survive, in polearms, because throwing lances do a really decent polearm, because the melee will very likely catch you up
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:18:49 am by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:13 am »

If you want to be an actual Thrower (which so far I haven't seen a single one say that they are), then put all of your WPF into throwing, and then lobby for increased ammo for it. If there is a thrower out there that has 150 WPF and still can't hit with the mid-range throwing weapons, then I would agree to an accuracy increase. Otherwise, no, I don't want to see throwers as the all effective melee and ranged battlefield Rambo's. We already removed that option for one class and I see no reason to make it viable for a different one.
that would be my alt 4t generation, 153 wpf,

to hit stuff at a 50% chance i need to get within 10m range.[edit: and not moving myself at the time i throw]
I only wear light gear but will always be a target for the melee dudes as i need to be that close to them
So while concentrating to release at the time when they are positioned right(not a friend in between, shield down, moving straight towards or from me) and looking out not to get pick up from cav at the same time or shot to peaces from archers as throwers never will stand too close to some of their own so they don't get mingled with their fighting but take advantage of others who are occupied fighting, while all that and more there is at best a 50% chance to hit stuff ...

Then still sometimes i got killstrikes there too, but only when using jarrids sofar, having 10-16 kills after a map, but that is rare for me at least as thrower. So while i would like to be able to hit stuff more accuratly, i do remember how it was when Throwing was OP and i don't wanna be there again ... I think the dedicated thrower deserves some love, while the hybrids should just pick up their stuff and throw again. My main class is shielder, and mate it is way easier to be a dedicated shielder then a freakin dedicated thrower

Javalins ... 3/4 of the dmg of Jarrids, same ammount of amo 3 per slot, should be 4
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 2330
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2012, 12:39:06 pm »
I'm against throwing buff because I still remember how that looks like. I was thrower 15-16 months ago (january 2011.) when throwing was "buffed". Let's just say that almost 80% of the server was throwing something and that me, with only 8 PT was able to one hit everyone and everything. People I couldn't kill before, I easily put down with just one javelin. That month is the reason why throwing should never become "viable".

I really think that having 5-10% throwers on the server is more than enough. If only that was the case with other ranged classes...

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »
+4
Make wpf increase the accuracy when moving, throwers should be the most proficient in throwing while moving not having to stand still.

They have low ammunition give them something that can help them.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2012, 05:04:09 pm »
Rumblood, there's something you don't get (or even two)

No, I get it. I already said to increase ammo and adjust damage accordingly. I will not support an accuracy increase for less than 140 WPF, except perhaps for the following, which is not a blanket accuracy increase.

Make wpf increase the accuracy when moving, throwers should be the most proficient in throwing while moving not having to stand still.

Have it kick in after 125 WPF. Before that, you move, you suck.

Increase ammo for throwers, and adjust the damage accordingly (which may mean a slight damage decrease on the high end weapons, leaving the low end damage alone)

There are two lobby's here. Pure Throwers for whom I have the utmost sympathy.

And the Hybrid wannabe's are are trying to ride the coattails of those legitimate requests to get their build turned into something OP without suffering any penalties for being a hybrid build.

Hybrids can GTFO  :shock:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2012, 06:49:42 pm »
I had a pure thrower but even with high wpf in throwing the accuracy is still off.

Problem with throwing is, if it's over buffed people will remove IF for power throw. Wouldn't really like to happen something like long ago, 95% of the players had throwing weapons which was VERY annoying.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2012, 07:08:00 pm »
+1
again, wpf increasing accuracy

I'm not sure if this can be done. I was under the impression that a lot of the wpf stuff is hardcoded and very complicated. If it can be done that more than 130 wpf increases accuracy significantly more than before 130 wpf, I'd be all for that, but it sounds needlessly complicated. Rumblood's ammo increase and damage adjustment sounds best tbh. Pure throwers will benefit more from that than hybrids, thanks to more wpf and pt, hopefully leading to a small damage buff for pures, while not really affecting hybrids.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2012, 07:19:23 pm »
event though a slight buff would be nice, i dont beliive it urgently needs  fixing

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2012, 12:13:17 am »
You guys want to be hybrids, then you don't need the accuracy or the ammo increase. Archers used to be able to effectively hybrid and got nerfed into the dust until they can't wear armor, they can't use anything other than a 1hander with a small bow if they want to be an archer with ammo, or a 0 slot mostly useless 1 hander if they want to use a big boy bow. (not to mention it is no longer worth it to get any athletics at all. Just convert those skills into attributes and get another PD or WM point)

If you want to be an actual Thrower (which so far I haven't seen a single one say that they are), then put all of your WPF into throwing, and then lobby for increased ammo for it. If there is a thrower out there that has 150 WPF and still can't hit with the mid-range throwing weapons, then I would agree to an accuracy increase. Otherwise, no, I don't want to see throwers as the all effective melee and ranged battlefield Rambo's. We already removed that option for one class and I see no reason to make it viable for a different one.

I have 156 wp in throwing. Even at close range it can be extremely difficult to hit moving targets. It's actually more discouraging having to hit heavy armor five or  six times to kill than it is to not be able to headshot.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2012, 01:37:31 am »
I have 156 wp in throwing. Even at close range it can be extremely difficult to hit moving targets. It's actually more discouraging having to hit heavy armor five or  six times to kill than it is to not be able to headshot.

so true. he was throwin all his shit into me, me wearing light armor, and we were 5 feet away having a throwing fight and it took longer than youd think.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2012, 04:38:31 am »
so true. he was throwin all his shit into me, me wearing light armor, and we were 5 feet away having a throwing fight and it took longer than youd think.

Your point? I've seen archers 25 feet apart doing the same thing.  :|
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2012, 01:26:30 pm »
Your point? I've seen archers 25 feet apart doing the same thing.  :|
we were both hitting eachother, both wearing light armor. he wasnt doing much damage to me.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2012, 05:50:08 pm »
we were both hitting eachother, both wearing light armor. he wasnt doing much damage to me.

Okay.....you do realize that you are describing a damage issue, not a WPF/Accuracy issue right?

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2012, 06:41:36 pm »
i swear i throw just to see it go through people, am i going mad?