Author Topic: 4th Jousting Tournament 11th of August  (Read 59265 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Jousting Tournament finished, results in here
« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:36 am »
I wouldn't like it if everybody fights a real strategus battle. It should be at one time, the tournament.
Yeah. That's why I thought if the "Hold Tournament" thing. Would be like a special event and stuff, where you had to go to the city and stuff. Not quite sure how it would work :/
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2011, 12:43:03 am »
Yeah. That's why I thought if the "Hold Tournament" thing. Would be like a special event and stuff, where you had to go to the city and stuff. Not quite sure how it would work :/

Yeah that's what I mean. If it would be like in single player- you enter a city and join the tournament, and the tournament will takeplace in a few hours on eu 3 that would be brilliant, but technically hard.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2011, 01:12:11 am »
Yeah that's what I mean. If it would be like in single player- you enter a city and join the tournament, and the tournament will takeplace in a few hours on eu 3 that would be brilliant, but technically hard.
Not really. If it was something like when you announce it, it will start in a week or something (maybe you can set the time yourself?) and it reserves a slot then. Big time slot probably. Then everyone must get a character too it, they can all spawn once and choose anything from any equipment they have with them. Then it's a free for all (if we want duel tournament, then we would need admins to stop randoming or something) and the winner gets X where X is a reward I haven't thought of yet. Maybe the loot of the others, maybe a gold prize from the tournament holder, maybe something completely different...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2011, 01:29:04 am »
The problem with doing it on strat is that it excludes people from taking part if their main doesn't have riding skill, which isn't really fair and would reduce turn out.

I think tournaments should be tournaments and remain separate from strategus.
Turtles

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2011, 01:36:25 am »
The problem with doing it on strat is that it excludes people from taking part if their main doesn't have riding skill, which isn't really fair and would reduce turn out.

I think tournaments should be tournaments and remain separate from strategus.
Oh. Herpaderpa, everyone can apply. We've gone past the JOUSTING tournament in our discussion and are now only on TOURNAMENT. People can bring whatever they want to the Strat tournament. All classes allowed. Just like in SP (although there you are for the most part given equipment :/

And for a Joust only tournament? Well, just announce that on the forum that this will be a jousting only tournament and that if you don't have a horse you can't participate. The tournament holder should be given a time-limited admin for the tournament itself. Gonna have to do that if we want a 1v1, winners stay duel.

Look, I haven't thought this fully out. Wait and see and I'll make a suggestion tomorrow in the Suggestions Board. Gimme some time, ok!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 28, 2011, 01:42:19 am »
lol

The old way of doing the jousting tournament is far better.
Turtles

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2011, 02:18:56 pm »
I have to agree with casimir, my main is a horsemen so I didn't think about this problem.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 28, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »
Yes my main has riding skill aswell but it seems silly to limit numbers by saying players may only use their mains for the event.

Anyway if you want to get this on the go again toffi let me know and i'll spread the word.
Turtles

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 28, 2011, 03:47:29 pm »
Yes my main has riding skill aswell but it seems silly to limit numbers by saying players may only use their mains for the event.

Anyway if you want to get this on the go again toffi let me know and i'll spread the word.

okay thanks fine, I will think about it, as I said, it was epic.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2011, 06:36:13 pm »

Sigh. Thanks for reading my posts Casimir. Didn't I say I was talking about just Tournaments now and not Jousting Tournaments? Yeah, if we want a Jousting Tournament it would be better to have it in normal cRPG where you can use alts, but a tournament in Strat would still be cool, right?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »
Indeed i read your post zapper i was just trying to keep the thread on the actual topic being discussed.

And i personally do think the idea of some strategus tournament would be cool, and i'd want to take part. However that discussion should be elsewhere  :wink:

P.S. I'm not likely to respond to someone who's first reply to me is HERPADERPA
Turtles

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 28, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »
Indeed i read your post zapper i was just trying to keep the thread on the actual topic being discussed.

And i personally do think the idea of some strategus tournament would be cool, and i'd want to take part. However that discussion should be elsewhere  :wink:

P.S. I'm not likely to respond to someone who's first reply to me is HERPADERPA
The Herpaderpa wasn't to you, ya fool xD It was to me for not making it more obvious xD

Offline Erebosaither

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Awlpike FTW o/
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Erebosaither
  • IRC nick: Schumetzq
Re: Jousting Tournament
« Reply #462 on: July 31, 2012, 10:44:51 am »
Let's do it :)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 31, 2012, 10:47:07 am »
Check the dates...
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 31, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »
:D