Author Topic: 4th Jousting Tournament 11th of August  (Read 59826 times)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Re: Jousting tournament 5th of June, 6 GMT
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2011, 10:22:04 pm »
There was some really good duels out there. Liked the final especially.

Next time though, fewer spectator "live" and more on spectator ghosts. Might make stuff easier...
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »
Okay this will be a nice and long post.

Results:

1. Great Khan
2. Bandits
3. ENG
4. Guards

Congratulations.

I want to thank the following clans for their discipline: Great Khan, HRE, Bandits, ENG and the Randomers team.

I don't liked the Risen and Wolves, and the way they behaved. You should think about your discipline, it is a tournament. Last tournament nobody misbehaved.

The rest was in between. Some clans didn't join and also some randomers.

I apologize for the map, I wanted to play on the Fallen_Tournament map like last time, but it wasn't possible, not my fault.

I don't apologize for the organization of that tournament. It took too long but that wasn't my fault. I called up the teams fast, some of them were fast, some needed ages (Templars and others). That#s why it got boring at some stages of the tournament, but as I said, not my job to join fast.

Also you should be able to ride next to the fence and press ctrl+J before the duel starts. But it was also a problem for some guards, so everybody needs to train that.

All in all I was a bit disappointed, but now I got some nice feedback anyway, that's very kind of you. I would like to start another tournament, not too long away, and want to change things:

- Fallen_Tournament map again, it's better cause of 3 (smaller) fences.
- Some clans will be excluded or need to join spectator. I don't see the point to organize that tournament if you don't behave.
- if someone missbehaves again we kick him once, after that the whole clan get's banned from the tournament.
- Faster.
- Chat to a minimum, only one player of each clan can talk.

Thanks alot for the server Shogunate.

Edit: @ Templar Diavolo: a team needs to register in here so I make sure they know what to do and know the rules. It seemed like the Templars have been very unorganized and reading what you said in here it's true. It's not my fault if you don't know the rules, your leader should have told you there are rules.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:34:16 pm by Toffi »

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »
The organization was a bit ... rough. Server was up only like at 20.30. The map changed twice. We were training at completely different fence - the new thing was longer and a bit lower. I think that was an organizators' fault. You really should give a map for participants to train - so we could avoid bumps, missings and riding mistaked and have a nice jousting.

And the bunch of misbehaving people was awful sight. Pick participants more carefully next time - and i suggest NO spectators OR spectators are allowed only to be in spectator mode.

One more thing - you should really prepare everything BEFORE the event begins. I don't understand why orgs didn't do it beforehand and waited for an event to begin.
And add some RP stuff like heralds and colorful flags.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2011, 10:31:15 pm »
Felix just read what Toffi has written before you complain about the map.... :rolleyes:

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2011, 10:31:58 pm »
The organization was a bit ... rough. Server was up only like at 20.30. The map changed twice. We were training at completely different fence - the new thing was longer and a bit lower. I think that was an organizators' fault. You really should give a map for participants to train - so we could avoid bumps, missings and riding mistaked and have a nice jousting.

Server was up 1 1/2 hours before, yes map changed twice, as I said in my post it wasn't my fault we didn't get the map I wanted.

And the bunch of misbehaving people was awful sight. Pick participants more carefully next time - and i suggest NO spectators OR spectators are allowed only to be in spectator mode.

Last time they behaved, but again it's not my fault they behave like little kids.

One more thing - you should really prepare everything BEFORE the event begins. I don't understand why orgs didn't do it beforehand and waited for an event to begin.
And add some RP stuff like heralds and colorful flags.

I tried to get the map for days now, no chance, so got this map 2 hours before.

RP is your turn, guards, GK and other clans appeared in one armour.

Edit: if someone missbehaves again we kick him once, after that the whole clan get's banned from the tournament.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:33:43 pm by Toffi »

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2011, 10:37:40 pm »
It was very well organised and I'm amazed tbh that Toffi had the patience he did... sadly half the teams that entered were not even full teams but a couple of people who wanted some extra that they didnt have to organise :/ Us Gk's all understood everything fine and we entered and read the rules 4 hours before the tourney...
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2011, 10:41:49 pm »
Herald may also refer to:

A messenger, especially one bringing important news
    A harbinger, giving signs of things to come

I meant people wearing their lord's color announcing knights. It can serve for both RP and as well as org. purposes (which in light of recent event is essential). While herald is "reading" the text, the combatants have time to prepare for battle. Secondly, i suggest giving sign for beginning not by ctrl+j but by a man in a mid of fence with a torch and Toffi announcing. Why? Because pressing ctrl+j disrupts your concentration plus you can't see if the opponent did the same - the horse stands up and blocks your vision of a moment.

And for god's sake - make the fence lower next time...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:43:59 pm by Felix »

Offline witchhunter

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Saxony
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Lothar_Duke_of_Saxony_HRE
  • IRC nick: ^30mc_HRE
« Reply #247 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:45 pm »
some things you can do better:

dont bother with retarded people. give them a warning, then a ban for the rest of the tournament. if their team doesnt have enough members anymore, they are out. this is not the place to be funny or go on a rampage, it is rather distasteful.

announce a schedule for the teams, so they know when they are going to fight. so while 2 teams fight, the next ones can already line up outside and come in right after the fight is over.

close registration a day before the tournament takes place, so you know how many teams you have.

the ctrl+j is ok to say you are ready, but the tournament master should give the go for the fight. everyone will see the different coloured text. if people fell asleep on their horses its just a free win for the other team.

not everyone is good in riding along a fence and/or jousting with a lance. just limit the retries to 1 or 2.

if someone is riding away from the fence just count that as cowardice (foul). but remember that some horses are really big. (i mean anyone can ride a rouncey or palfrey and they are not that expensive either.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Omnium mores, tuos imprimis observato.

<@Urist> well HRE take their medival theme very serious and so is their ban/unban system ancient

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: 2nd Jousting tournament finished, results in here.
« Reply #248 on: June 05, 2011, 10:46:56 pm »
Congratulations to the top3 ! I was cheering for Bandits though, damn Gk. :P

Anyway, looking at that made me thought of an epic video (from Ripper from example), with a jousting tournament going on (like here), with security with same gear and noticeable (like hear), with a lot of spectators in CASUAL wear (spectators don't go with heavy plate usually), and it would look soooooo great. We could even have a couple of bad behaving people killed by the security, a beautiful lady throwing a smokebomb on the victorious, etc... xD

Would need an hell of organization though, and an hell of participants to make it look "real". But hey... i had a dream. xD
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:22 pm »
I meant people wearing their lord's color announcing knights. It can serve for both RP and as well as org. purposes (which in light of recent event is essential). While herald is "reading" the text, the combatants have time to prepare for battle. Secondly, i suggest giving sign for beginning not by ctrl+j but by a man in a mid of fence with a torch and Toffi announcing. Why? Because pressing ctrl+j disrupts your concentration plus you can't see if the opponent did the same - the horse stands up and blocks your vision of a moment.

And for god's sake - make the fence lower next time...

I like the idea with someone staying in the middle, that would help a lot.
Fence is lower at the normal map!

some things you can do better:
dont bother with retarded people. give them a warning, then a ban for the rest of the tournament. if their team doesnt have enough members anymore, they are out. this is not the place to be funny or go on a rampage, it is rather distasteful.
announce a schedule for the teams, so they know when they are going to fight. so while 2 teams fight, the next ones can already line up outside and come in right after the fight is over.
close registration a day before the tournament takes place, so you know how many teams you have.
the ctrl+j is ok to say you are ready, but the tournament master should give the go for the fight. everyone will see the different coloured text. if people fell asleep on their horses its just a free win for the other team.
not everyone is good in riding along a fence and/or jousting with a lance. just limit the retries to 1 or 2.
if someone is riding away from the fence just count that as cowardice (foul). but remember that some horses are really big. (i mean anyone can ride a rouncey or palfrey and they are not that expensive either.)

Yes as I said, next tournament misbehaving will get punished, look the upper posts.

I don't want to close registration, Great Khans joined late and won :D Also you never know how many teams are coming, Fallen and some randomers didn't show up, some came very late.

I don't really care which horses they take, riding away from fence is a foul, that#s right, but I wanted to give them another chance cause, as you said, not eveeybody is good in riding. I agree if someone fels asleep on his horse, he should just get killed by the enemy, so it's a legal point!

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #250 on: June 05, 2011, 10:58:25 pm »
First of all, i want to apologize for some of our members behaviour. You have a point in there, and measures are being taken to avoid that behaviour on the future. For that, please, don't take it into account for future tournaments. Also  please note that the wolves actually playing on the tournament were not the ones causing havok around. (i was playing with my alt LadyMadonna).

Having said that, please allow me to give some suggestions. We played 2 rounds (won 3:0 vs. Templars, lost 1:2 vs. Guards), while the other clans played 3 or 4 rounds. I don't know why, and we're not able to know what was the sistem used for the tournament. For that, next time, please publish brackets, groups, and a explanation of the qualification system so we know our advancement in the tournament.

Other than that, our greetings to the GK for the win and thanks to the guards for taking the effort of making the tournament.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2011, 11:00:27 pm »
@Toffi

I couldn't join so I really had no idea what's going on, you didn't reply on TS =(

So sorry for their behaviour, it was PanPan throwing rocks afaik.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2011, 11:05:32 pm »
I mucked around during the tourney... But as I see it, it was only just a bit of fun. Playing hide and seek with the guards and trying to smuggle weapons into the stands, was just good fun. I didn't go around killing everyone in the stands or anything like that, I didn't do anything to disrupt the actual tournament and to be fair most of the people fighting eachother were risen and templars, in the square behind the stands. I'm guilty of messing around with the guards but their reaction wasn't serious, well maybe from killing me a few times, but it seemed they enjoyed mucking around too and no harm was done to the tournament through this.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2011, 11:06:41 pm »
First of all, i want to apologize for some of our members behaviour. You have a point in there, and measures are being taken to avoid that behaviour on the future. For that, please, don't take it into account for future tournaments. Also  please note that the wolves actually playing on the tournament were not the ones causing havok around. (i was playing with my alt LadyMadonna).

Having said that, please allow me to give some suggestions. We played 2 rounds (won 3:0 vs. Templars, lost 1:2 vs. Guards), while the other clans played 3 or 4 rounds. I don't know why, and we're not able to know what was the sistem used for the tournament. For that, next time, please publish brackets, groups, and a explanation of the qualification system so we know our advancement in the tournament.

Other than that, our greetings to the GK for the win and thanks to the guards for taking the effort of making the tournament.

Okay I won't take it in account, I am sorry you only played twice, some clans palyed 4 times or 3 times, that is right. Well you would have been next again but I had to end that tournament. Can't give you an explanation, becuase I never know who joins, even if they register (3 teams were missing, some joined late).

The system is everybody plays against everybody, but it took too long today, last time it worked!

I couldn't join so I really had no idea what's going on, you didn't reply on TS =(

So sorry for their behaviour, it was PanPan throwing rocks afaik.

I was busy in TS, didn't check anything except the game, but there were also other guards online. Why couldn't oyu join? server and PW has been in here.

I mucked around during the tourney... But as I see it, it was only just a bit of fun. Playing hide and seek with the guards and trying to smuggle weapons into the stands, was just good fun. I didn't go around killing everyone in the stands or anything like that, I didn't do anything to disrupt the actual tournament and to be fair most of the people fighting eachother were risen and templars, in the square behind the stands. I'm guilty of messing around with the guards but their reaction wasn't serious, well maybe from killing me a few times, but it seemed they enjoyed mucking around too and no harm was done to the tournament through this.

Well I think it's bullshit, no matter how the gaurds responded... Just watch the tournament.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:07:47 pm by Toffi »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2011, 11:12:11 pm »
Ok guys, I talked to Toffi a bit and some things will be different next time. Many things I write down now will be at the next tournament, some I hope Toffi will take^^

1. About behaviour

Everyone who wants to is allowed to join the server but there are certain rules.
- NO weapons until it's your turn
- You STAY ON tribunes together with your team and your are NOT running around.
- Fighting, kicking etc is forbidden (noone kicks you if you kick someone 1 times or so, but it get's too much very often)
- Suicidejumps or anything like that are forbidden
- Fighting while the tournament runs is forbidden

--> People who do not behave get one warning by security. If nothing changes they get kicked. If it happens again after they rejoin they get banned from the server and their team is disqualified!

2. Chat

Whole chat will be muted except for one fighter of every team. If you have to say something, that person can do it. If the speaker is spamming the chat, he get's muted to and you can't say anything more. Life sucks.

3. Beginning of a fight

Both teams will go to their side and wait there. Riders go to the fence and press ctrl + j to show they are ready. There will be a person who's only task is to be in the middle of the fight with a lpolearm weapon or a torch (sad that there are no flags in this game to wear^^) and he will do a swing from above when both riders pressed crtl + j. Both riders charge.

4. Fighting

Both riders ride towars each other with couched lances. When a rider failes at the beginning of his charge cause he hits the fence they start again. It's no reallife and you need certain speed to couch lance. Both should get a chance to fight.
If riders miss each other they start again until one is dead.
If one rider hits fence while both are already charging and the other one kills him...well...life sucks :)
If one rider rides away from the fence when the other should be able to hit him, the other team gets the point. Don't be a coward and dodge cause you know you will miss^^ Same goes for blocking.

5. Exactingness

Teams are called to their fight. When a team doesn't show up at the fence after 30 seconds they are called out again. After 30 seconds they lose one point. So if they win twice they will have 1 point in the end because they did not show up on time.

6. Herald

Hard to get that I think. Maybe it's possible to get 1 person with admin rights as a herald who will always write something like "On the right side of the map you see the great team of the Caravan Guards!!" *cheer*
"On the other side you see the peasant team of donkeyballsuckers...the Shogunates!!" *clapclap*  :D ;) (love you shogunates)

But I'm really not sure if something like that is possible for the next time. Good things need some time^^

7. Security

Securities task is to take care of behaviour and everything else.
You warn people and you tell admins if they don't behave after warning. Killing them doesnt work. Hit them once and kick if it doesn't help.
You also have to get horses out of the way. Please don't kill them on the battleground. One with ridingskill shall take them, ride away from battleground and kill them where noone can see them. It's very ugly in the ende when there are 20 dead horses on the ground :D

Your armour: OMG are you serious about that blue thing and clubs? o.O
It was hard to see you and it looks like shit. Take something nice. For example "padded armour", "white tunic over mail" or best "tourney armour". They are cheap and they look really good and everyone knows you are a guardsman there and not a stinky peasant who wants to fight someone  :rolleyes:
And you should all wear the same armour. Same about weapons. take good looking weapons like "bastard sword" or "simple sword" or so. Something that looks good and is cheap.

I will try to help Toffi organise a bit next time, because it's very hard for one person to do everything. He has to concentrate on the participants so he can't take care of general order.

8. Rules of the tournament

Everyone is supposed to read the rules on the tournament website before he participates in the tournament. If people don't know what to do they lose their points or whatever will happen.

SOoo...I hope I forgot nothing. If so, tell me :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:16:31 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »