Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 38976 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Rageball
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2012, 05:59:16 pm »
+2
Let us make a polo version of Rageball with cav only.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2012, 06:12:09 pm »
+2
Awesome game mode. Needs:

- More maps for it
- Something to be done to halt people spawnkilling on goals for 10 minute stretches.
- Remove KDR scoreboard; maybe people wouldn't kill so much for no reason if it didn't show their epeen tally.
- Something to do with high athletics chars so they can't just pass it to themselves all the way up field. Guess this is in the works.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2012, 06:22:41 pm »
+1
Awesome game mode. Needs:

- Remove KDR scoreboard; maybe people wouldn't kill so much for no reason if it didn't show their epeen tally.

Add a scoreboard that gives points for the one who scores! (maybe even assists if possible)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2012, 06:24:26 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Some good changes, maybe...bad ones are:

Riding skill = athletics: WTF, can my athletics become riding skill when Im on a open field battle? No. This is stupid and just helps players who cba to dedicate themselves...
Added Agi debuff untill someone else gets ball: Ruined the game. If you thought about it, it is essential to be able to run down the side dribbling to yourself. How else can you outpace the masses of players who CBA not to bring their nice combat ready balanced builds? You have simply improved the deathmatch by doing this. Ideally this is a game with 3 distinct classes: Rangers to stop agiwhores making runs, Heavies to defend and then make long passes, Agiwhores to run the flanks. Not jackofalltrades:master of all. Supposed to be jack of all trades, MASTER of NONE.

ALSO: To those who want to see uniforms: Wrapping boots with coloured tunic of choice should be THE main uniform, ideally players would just grab wichever one matches their team colour, IE players on BLUE team grab a BLUE one, players on yellow a yellow tunic etc.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:26:35 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2012, 08:03:04 pm »
Is it possible to have admins start kicking and banning people who are just treating it like a TDM? its unplayable with so many people just spawn killing and fighting nowhere near the ball and ignoring the ball when you pass to them so they can fight someone else..
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:06 pm »
Is it possible to have admins start kicking and banning people who are just treating it like a TDM? its unplayable with so many people just spawn killing and fighting nowhere near the ball and ignoring the ball when you pass to them so they can fight someone else..
i just got banned for clearing goal area so my teammate would make goal.....  the spawns are screwed....
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2012, 09:01:48 pm »
Added color to the message that tells you a player picked up the ball. Color depends on if the player is in your team or not.
Thank you good sir.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »
Nice changes. Agi players still have a role. They can still dribble with the ball and if you throw it far ahead when alone you can just run to it at full speed. This change will hopefully encourage more passing and less soloing. Carrier debuff shouldn't last until someone else picks the ball, though. I don't see the point in that.

Other than that, good changes. Glad to see some cav guys get the chance to play RAGEBAALLL!!

People don't usually have that high riding in any case.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »
nice but i dont have the impression those changes have been put in effect.

anyways, to much randomers deathmatching
to many morons spawnkilling and/or spawncamping

serious team imbalance, a team always seems to get rape by the other.
Also a team has 2 less players then the other, knowing there are 10 players per team, that's a big imbalance. So players on the imba team leave, it ends up in a 4vs10 with no autobalance, no one switching (why switch, you have an awesome times 5) and no new players cuz the server is passworded

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2012, 10:09:13 pm »
The part I dont get about rageball is it even in such free-TDM mode. It would be much better IMHO if every time team scores a goal everyone gets teleported back to their base, there's a countdown to the start and the ball spawns in the field, I guess closer to the team that lost last one.

Wrap the gamemode around the ball to make people realize whats it about.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Ridicule

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ridicule, Ridiculous
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »
The ball appears to become bugged when someone is holding it and then either logs out or drops their connection.  It happened in a game last night, where I threw the ball to the goal, it hit a teammate right in front of the goal. He wasn't moving, and then a second or two later he dropped and no one could pick up the ball.  The ball will not reset, though it will randomly bounce up in the air on its own.  After that it was basically deathmatch until the map changed.

I like Tot's idea of resetting the the players' positions after a score.  It could be based on your position on the field as to where you respawn after the point.  If you were by your own goal on defense, you spawn there.  Anywhere in the middle 1/3 of the entire field and you spawn in the middle on your own side.  If you were by the opponent's goal then you spawn at the midfield area.  This would allow both teams to get back into position, and might also encourage some backwards passes to buy time for forwards (attackers) to get open for passes instead of someone trying to carry the ball up or just randomly throwing it long.  If this were to be implemented, then I would also suggest having all players that are dead instantly respawn as well. 

That should stop teams from scoring multiple goals inside of 30 seconds which happens since some people do not know how to pass, or maybe they just made a bad pass on accident. 

For uniforms it would be nice if whatever armor you are wearing would automatically be changed to the color of your team.  I would suggest that the team colors be yellow and red, since those colors seem to stand out on most maps.   

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2012, 10:46:39 pm »
Today I couldn't get any ticks on it for some reason :\ second time it's happened to me

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2012, 11:13:13 pm »
Spawn camping spawn camping. Good idea but doesn't play well. It's also mainly used for abuse.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:14:52 pm by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Diablo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2012, 11:22:54 pm »

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2012, 11:51:00 pm »
The part I dont get about rageball is it even in such free-TDM mode. It would be much better IMHO if every time team scores a goal everyone gets teleported back to their base, there's a countdown to the start and the ball spawns in the field, I guess closer to the team that lost last one.

Wrap the gamemode around the ball to make people realize whats it about.

Almost +1

We need a real engagement after each goal. With the ball for the team who just lose the point.
The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.