Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 38972 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Rageball
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2012, 04:25:11 pm »
We need shorts and shoes! I want to see your legs boys!

Don't forget the most important part:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2012, 04:32:21 pm »
Please add a new group of weapons. Wooden sticks for each wpf type. They should have a very low damage but  a great chance of knowdown/stunt. That way ppl wont kill each other too much, but instead you hit him and run away. Or just remove everyone`s PS.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2012, 04:33:39 pm »
Please add a new group of weapons. Wooden sticks for each wpf type. They should have a very low damage but  a great chance of knowdown/stunt. That way ppl wont kill each other too much, but instead you hit him and run away. Or just remove everyone`s PS.

Actually that would go a long way to people treating this less like deathmatch.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2012, 04:38:48 pm »
(click to show/hide)

22nd_CRPG

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:05 pm »
+1
Killing people is sometimes vital to help your team if done at the right moment and the right player.

Rageball is death and football at the same time. It should be a viable tactic to create havoc at enemy goal to distract and tire the goalkeeper(s).

Same with tackling/killing a flanking enemy at the right time.. 6 seconds respawn time can delay an enemy enough to make them less people at your goal at a certain moment etc..

Of course Deathmatch is not something we want, but killing/defending yourself/awareness at the same time playing the game is part of the skillset required. If some are moronic enough to just hang around the goal and play deathmatch, let them.. That's what they know how to do.

Anyway, with time and practice we will see less and less of this as players learn to teamplay better. Already people are doing smart positioning, covering important enemy players etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Diablo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:34 pm »
We need shorts and shoes! I want to see your legs boys!

If anyone can export and give to me textures files in bmp / jpg / tiff / tga / ... format or something PSD éditable...
I can do that very quickly (I am a graphic designer 2D/3D)

Red Tunic = Is a good model fot T-shirt and short
Wrapping Boots = For socks + shoes

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2012, 04:51:29 pm »
To many people are treating this as death match mode. May as well just add a death match server already.

Spawncamping is also another problem. Dezilagel and SoA_Nagelfar sat by the goal spawn killing the same people over and over, pretty much entirely stopping play. Up until then it had been a good game. Needless to say I'm dissapointed as everyone was playing properly and then a couple of idiots come along and hack our team down over and over. The ball just kept getting lost somewhere in the middle. There were about 25 people on and when this started happening it dropped to about 10. The enemy team didn't even score whilst they were doing this.

(click to show/hide)

Overdriven, I don't think the problem here is "spawncamping".

We never spawncamped you, you were given a fair chance every time, but since we noticed that between us two we could hold down like six of your players (why we could do that you figure out for yourself), we thought it a viable tactic.

When the ball finally landed with us, we couldn't pick it up due to some bug, and THAT'S when people left.

You also forgot to mention that you never tried to run, you just continuously assaulted us and fell.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2012, 04:56:27 pm »
Overdriven, I don't think the problem here is "spawncamping".

We never spawncamped you, you were given a fair chance every time, but since we noticed that between us two we could hold down like six of your players (why we could do that you figure out for yourself), we thought it a viable tactic.

When the ball finally landed with us, we couldn't pick it up due to some bug, and THAT'S when people left.

You also forgot to mention that you never tried to run, you just continuously assaulted us and fell.

Actually there was more than a few times where i'd lost most of my health before even getting out off the target. Also because we were spawning 1 at a time most of the time you just hacked us down 2vs1 one after another. It's impossible to run when the players attacking you are upon you straight away. Though I will say in your defense it was the other guy who tended to take my health as soon as I spawned...you just tended to be the one to kill me.

A viable tactic? The ball only came near our target once during the entire time you were doing that...and even then you were still doing the same thing to the point where the ball just got lost in the melee and eventually made it back to the middle of the pitch. It did get picked up several times, there was once when it was bugged but the server was emptying before then. The majority of the time the ball was at the other end of the pitch and my team scored. Way to help your team.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:57:44 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2012, 05:10:51 pm »
Actually there was more than a few times where i'd lost most of my health before even getting out off the target. Also because we were spawning 1 at a time most of the time you just hacked us down 2vs1 one after another. It's impossible to run when the players attacking you are upon you straight away. Though I will say in your defense it was the other guy who tended to take my health as soon as I spawned...you just tended to be the one to kill me.

A viable tactic? The ball only came near our target once during the entire time you were doing that...and even then you were still doing the same thing to the point where the ball just got lost in the melee and eventually made it back to the middle of the pitch. The majority of the time the ball was at the other end of the pitch and my team scored. Way to help your team.

I cannot speak for the SoA dude, but I NEVER hit someone who just spawned.

Due to the sheer number of you, I spent most of my time there backpeddaling whilst getting chased by 2/3 players. CHASED, i.e you were focusing on killing me rather than getting away.

And the ball going from your side of the field to the middle was probably some admin interfeering or part of the bug because we couldn't pick up the ball. I tried running over it multiple times, removing the equipment nearby, pressing all manner of buttons and even jumping on it (ok, that was pathetic).

The reason we got there in the first place was due to me and the SoA dude going for a score. Noone in our team followed quickly enough and we got stuck on your blob. Since our team were playing in an entirely different pace, I decided to try and hold you for a little while so our team could mount another offense in their own pace.

Now that didn't exactly work out (possibly due to your having the advantage of numbers), and I can admit that towards the end of the map you guys seemed to start loosing faith (you came one by one instead of as a team), but I honestly do't see anything wrong with the tactic. Harassing the enemy goal prevents them from setting up a proper camp there, keeps a lot of players busy but most notably is very easy to counter. You had like six guys there as said, 2v6 should be a cakewalk.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2012, 05:15:04 pm »
Well the ball bug has happened again in any case.

Right now rage ball really is just death match because the ball can't be picked up and keeps respawning itself all over the map. Once it's respawned we still can't get it.

Need an admin in there.

Offline STR_Lotr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2012, 05:34:26 pm »
Hi guys can you add poll to change map on Rageball server, because some time ball stuck and can't be taken.
Tnx.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2012, 05:38:03 pm »
Hi guys can you add poll to change map on Rageball server, because some time ball stuck and can't be taken.
Tnx.
When ball gets stuck it automatically spawns to middle of the map. You just have to wait couple of seconds.
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »
  • Improved the freekick mechanism a bit. Freekick mode duration changed from 10s to 15s.

what's that ?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2012, 05:52:11 pm »
+1
what's that ?
The time when after a goal there is a wall around the person who picks it up so that he can pass it to someone without fear of being killed

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2012, 05:55:49 pm »
When ball gets stuck it automatically spawns to middle of the map. You just have to wait couple of seconds.

It did that but you still can't pick it up. It's happened again. Though it worked this time.