Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 38974 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Rageball
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2012, 01:05:21 am »
5 seconds is too much. 3 seconds would be ok, you can kill 2 other players in 5 seconds

about the xp whine, since there are 5 total goals to score for each team i think this is a good idea:

1st Goal - x1 multiplier tick for scoring team
2nd Goal - x2 multiplier tick for scoring team
and so on, you get the idea

I think thats how it goes now anyway....
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2012, 01:26:03 am »
I think thats how it goes now anyway....

oh, i didnt notice any xp or gold, was having too much fun :)
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline vinnytk

• Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA USA USA USA
  • Game nicks: USA_BARACK_OBAMA_AMERICA
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2012, 01:55:08 am »
Game is alright but high athletic runners kinda ruin it.  Make everyone run the same speed and do one of the following

- Make so you can only go so far before you pass it

or

- Make the ball encumber you so you run kinda slow, like trying to control a soccer ball

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2012, 02:05:02 am »
Game is alright but high athletic runners kinda ruin it.  Make everyone run the same speed and do one of the following

- Make so you can only go so far before you pass it

or

- Make the ball encumber you so you run kinda slow, like trying to control a soccer ball

Making a soccer reference, but completely missing the idea of playing positions like soccer on the field.  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2012, 02:05:45 am »
The ball encumbers you already, but fix is coming in so you are encumbered until someone else picks it up. (so you can't just dribble it in front of you)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2012, 02:17:22 am »
being a goalie is very boring, could you place targets in the air (therefore no need for goalies)

EDIT:Oh yes forgot, best game mode I've ever played =)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:50:10 pm by Senni__Ti »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 03:28:31 am »
being a goalie is very boring, could you place targets in the air (therefore no need for goalies)

but then you and me cant have our awesome new minigame anymore :(
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Ridicule

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ridicule, Ridiculous
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2012, 06:43:19 am »
Hi, I'm really new, just started last week though I had played occasionally at a friend's and loved this game. 

Rageball is awesome.  I do think that each class has it's own roll.  High strength need to post up on both goals, both as goalies and as someone to try and clear it. 

I really don't see to great a problem with the high agility.  They are obviously the midfield and forwards, but until people get good at quick passes still need someone to clear out the goalies.  Archers are great at stopping the ball carrier.  I do think that if they suffered a slight reduction in their speed it would probably be ok, but keep in mind, they usually have no protection on at all. 

I've played on maps where sometimes the goalies and whoever is camping from the other team will fight it out, duel after duel while the ball is at the other end.  Other times they both move slightly aside until the ball heads towards them, then it is fighting time. 

I do think that there should be about a 2 second invulnerability after a spawn, just so you can get out of the way.  If it was set up so you can't attack, or if you do attack you lose the invulnerability, then I don't see a problem.  Also, make it so they can't pick up the ball while invulnerable (if that's possible, not sure how the collision coding stuff works). 

People are already getting better at the spacing in the game though.  You don't want to all charge the person with the ball.  Some fast people need to split out to the sides and into open space to receive a pass.  The first few games were total clusters.  If more Americans (which I am) watched soccer I think the learning curve would be even less. 

Anyways, thanks for making this MOD and this game mode in particular.  I'm having fun learning, and am usually thrilled when I can get a 3-5 parries off against a good player before I die.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2012, 07:06:22 am »
This mode needs horsies!
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2012, 09:44:10 am »
Today I was playing, and basically around the goals people in plate just constantly respawn and keep dueling it out OVER AND OVER. You shouldn't respawn where you die it's stupid.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2012, 10:51:31 am »
Today I was playing, and basically around the goals people in plate just constantly respawn and keep dueling it out OVER AND OVER. You shouldn't respawn where you die it's stupid.
It's not. When you respawn far away from the death-position you could just kill a goalkeeper, before the ball isnt even close, teleport him somewhere else, get a pass and make a goal. So you actually have to time the kill pretty precisely, because 5 seconds isnt that long. I usually got spawnraped by some retards who were just there for the killing (It is annoying like hell) but still i respawned in time and managed to clear the ball.

Btw, pls don't remove the possibility to be a goalkeeper oO
It's pretty satisfying if you can manage to keep it clear all the time if you are standing alone facing 3 or more attackers =P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:54:55 am by Fips »

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2012, 11:48:41 am »
Just got finished playing this. I was supposed to be in bed 3 hours ago damnit, I hope I don't miss work...

Just so everyone knows beforehand, I have little to no knowledge of football/soccer or whatever similar sports there happen to be. Additionally, I was playing my character with 27 agility, 12 strength, 9 athletics, and 4 power strike and wearing light armor (fur hat/coat/hide boots/mail gauntlets).

I tried my best to stay open and use my teammates to get around enemies (run at enemy and they run at you, retreat behind a teammate and they will ignore said teammate trying to get to you, leaving them open for pummeling as you continue on). One time it was a huge melee fest on the football map (I'm just going to call it football, despite being from NA) at the enemy goal and I had the ball. There weren't any real viable passing options since everybody was fighting, so I weaved through the battle and scored a goal through everybody. Wish I had it on video. We still lost the game, unfortunately, but that kind of stuff is pretty sweet and memorable.

I'm all for additional "jerseys" being added to the game. Currently we already have colored tunics over mail and surcoats over mail. I don't quite know about changing weapons. Perhaps have a set of a couple weapons to choose from. If people are going to be able to wear heavy armor the weapons need to be able to reflect that. Also, people going naked would be annoying, so there would have to be a way to force them to wear something.

The way I see 'dying' is the enemy knocks you onto your ass and you need to take a few seconds to recover. It would be nice if attacking someone who has just recovered (with invulnerability) gives you a penalty of some kind, like giving you a weight that pretty much immobilizes you and makes your swings slow for a few seconds. I dunno, just throwing ideas out. Teammates shouldn't be able to spawn on top of the enemy goal, though.

Goals also definitely need to be marked in some way...

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »
There needs to be rules against using siege equipment to block goals. Have a couple of siege shields and a few construction sites around a goal guarded by some tincans and it's pretty much impossible to score.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »
but then you and me cant have our awesome new minigame anymore :(
we will make a new one then! a bigger better one that involves ingis banana :)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2012, 01:08:03 pm »
Game works well, but the server needs passwording and the password placed in the OP somewhere, forcing ppl to come and read it before they can join the server....
I don't know enough