Author Topic: New ranged change  (Read 41792 times)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: New ranged change
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2012, 05:18:42 pm »
I've spectated Jambi, and I would like to know why he can't replicate that score again. :rolleyes:

I guess he is now no skill.  :shock:

can be, now Tzar arguments lose power(
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »
I've spectated Jambi, and I would like to know why he can't replicate that score again. :rolleyes:

I guess he is now no skill.  :shock:

I believe the image serve to show it didn't phase Jambi in that game, but that doesn't mean good players perform at their best all the time. The whole point of challenging gameplay is even the best can make mistakes. I am also not convinced that ranged players need to top the score board in order to actually have a good impact on a round. ANY damage from range is good for the team not just the last hit, and the little stun you apply can kill a guy in melee if you manage to avoid team hitting
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2012, 05:30:16 pm »
the only problem we had was the roofcamping and the high damage and high speed of the no pd6 bows ..... but now is everything nerfed...???

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2012, 05:31:03 pm »
+3
I think it a bit early to tell if this is a bad or good change balance wise but for the ranged players its really a kick in the groin. I can understand that some of them get upset when their play style suddenly dont work anymore and on top of that certain ppl do nothing but gloat about it all day long. I do however agree with the people saying its all about adapting because it is. In this game your performance has less to do with build and gear and more to do with the players skill. Thats why the good ranged will stay good they will adapt to this new system and make it work for them. (These players would be good at any class but they want to play ranged). The rest will switch to another class. (I predict melee cav as they rape feeble archers now and everyone wants to be on the rape train not infront of it).

But saying that this change has made ranged more skill oriented is plain wrong. You have the random flight paths and funky hitboxes which makes hitting people very luck dependent. If you would lower amount of ammo, revert damage, raise the accuracy of the bows and make the hitboxes smaller (if thats possible) then you would have to be more skilled at shooting. As it is now you pretty much do the same as before only aim a little higher with the result of a few more headshots and a lot more misses.

Btw im getting more and more headshots but its not because I am getting better at aiming. Its because melee, especially those without shield, dont bother to dodge my arrows anymore. So relatively speaking the skill level needed for ranged actually went up as every other classes skill level went down.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:32 pm »
obviously it is an encouragement to use only pussybows (esp. Tatar) with high WPF and Agi, so they are fast, very accurate and shoot people in the face.

My longbow (mw + mw bodkins) has become slightly more accurate, but can't body-oneshot even naked people anymore, armored guys take 2-3 arrows MORE than before.

Good thing: the days where strength builds survived one of my bodkins in the face are gone, headshot = dead

Alltogether it is another nerf, but as usual will be countered by a wave of ultrafast weakish pussybow archers headshotting everyone and his horse (hopefully). Me stays with longbow - will just aim a bit higher ;-)
Heads instead of arses, even if the difference is often hard to tell...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:42:31 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:22 pm »
It just isn't fun playing an archer and so I gave it up. As an archer, you have to accept you generally don't get as many kills as melee fighters or cavalry but now there have been so many nerfs you just spend all your time either missing with a high power bow or getting hits with a low power bow but doing so little damage it hardly matters. I used to be a decent archer a while ago when I was Llaw_Gyffes, getting 2 or 3 kills each round most of the time. Now I find I get about 1 kill for every 5 or 6 deaths. Am I helping my team at all? I feel like a practice dummy.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2012, 10:06:48 pm »
+4
sorry ranged guys, the biggest lobby, with the biggest e-peens, the most butthurt for every change, i name the 2Hs, got their way  8-)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »
+1
sorry ranged guys, the biggest lobby, with the biggest e-peens, the most butthurt for every change, i name the 2Hs, got their way  8-)

It's so sad to me: The game HAS A BUILT IN NERF FOR ARCHERS, its called: SHIELD. But obviously, once you carry a shield you cannot be John Rambo 2hander the SUPAHERO anymore, so instead of learning to work with shielders and cav to get the archers, we just make them innefective! WOOT PROBLEM SOLVED NOW I DONT NEED TO WASTE MY POINTS ON SHIELDSKILL AND CAN A BETTER TWOHANDHERO!!
I don't know enough

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2012, 10:51:47 pm »
and on top of that certain ppl do nothing but gloat about it all day long. I do however agree with the people saying its all about adapting because it is.

Then I don't understand all the bitching about the patch. Most ranged on the forums only had this single phrase in their mouth when discussing the issues : "deal with it" or a variation.

So now that they have to "deal with it", it's not fair anymore ?

Isn't there a problem ? You know, something about hypocrisy.

I say, melee had to "deal with it" during ages. And if it's that bad, the balance team will buff the most hit classes/playstyles (throwing first I think) soon enough.

Offline Homey_D_Clown

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2012, 11:00:12 pm »
I believe the nerf on range was over done, especially since it rains 90% of the time. Maybe try 1/2 or 2/3 of the damage reduction in last patch will be more balanced.

I agree 1wpf xbows should be eliminated, Add a wpf requirement to use each xbow. They were the problem.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:07:35 pm by Homey_D_Clown »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2012, 11:00:43 pm »
Then I don't understand all the bitching about the patch. Most ranged on the forums only had this single phrase in their mouth when discussing the issues : "deal with it" or a variation.

So now that they have to "deal with it", it's not fair anymore ?

Isn't there a problem ? You know, something about hypocrisy.

I say, melee had to "deal with it" during ages. And if it's that bad, the balance team will buff the most hit classes/playstyles (throwing first I think) soon enough.

You clearly don't live in this reality. Archers are the only class to recieve a nerf in every single patch ever released for this game. Melee has had to "deal with it"?

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2012, 11:04:20 pm »
If they have to change anything I hope its to increase ranged accuracy a bit (maybe reduce speed at same time?), increasing base damage for throwers, and maybe tweak force field on shields. You should have to aim the shield to block anything, they're ridiculous how they block anything even remotely nearby, including arrows or hits to the back. Seeing that little buckler block stuff is the worst

So buff throwing, maybe buff ranged accuracy and reduce shield forcefield but leave the damage as it is imo
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:05:46 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 18, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »
I dont belong to the range lobby, i have my own

but this is how i see the things :

I like the change (kind of obvious, i dont play range), I'm not saying its imba or it isnt
But i see it as two extremes:

-One is the headshot wich brings instadeath on the poor guy, the worst part is the guy was wearing heavy armor on stuff, in my case I'm on my champion alrge warhorse with my big fat armor, i try to approach an archer and headshot (and the average archer has enough skill to headshot an approaching horse even if it weaves)
And you know what? for that tincan and I, It feels like a terrible punishement, we play a round full HP and BOOM HEADSHOT, you play no more, it's not because you lack skill, you were minding your own buisness..
charging an aware archer is more dangerous then ever..so i just avoid archers now (and im told im supposed to be the archer counter...)

-On the other hand, i laugh at the damage my horse takes from arrow shot, i now look at the hp of my champion large warhorse with great satisfaction to see with 3 arrows only half hp has gone
Being more agi more then strenght (pure lancer build) I'm surprise to go down in more then 2 shots!!!

But...it compensate all the range spam wich is kind of isnane lately. So much shit going through the air!

the archer problem has been messed on the wrong bit. It's more of the range spam the problem

but hey guys, stop bitchin' i hear a dev is working his ass off to make an accurate damage receive depending where the arrow hit...

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2012, 11:37:07 pm »
+1
but leave the damage as it is imo
...So that you can still laugh on the damage of ranged weapons
and that you feel like a hero who never dies to arrows and bolts?

Yesterday I got a body shot by a xbower with mw-arbalest and mw-steel-bolts from a close range.
I just lost about 50% with 32body armor and 30str.
Prepatch I lost about 80%.

This must be a bad joke !
Ranged weapons will never be balanced again untill this crappy damage system is removed.

And we got it because of some anti-range devs.
A developer of the balance team should always be impartial.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:45:17 pm by _Sebastian_ »

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #284 on: January 18, 2012, 11:44:13 pm »
why should ranged do lots of damage?