Author Topic: New ranged change  (Read 39468 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: New ranged change
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2012, 03:13:06 pm »
How come good archers are still able to rack of lots of kills while all you guys are doing is comming here crying for giving back the sick dmg on body shots...

That must be the 100th time you posted that. Stop being a douche...posting the score of one person shows nothing.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2012, 03:18:07 pm »
That must be the 100th time you posted that. Stop being a douche...posting the score of one person shows nothing.

Wrong it just shows you guys are full of shit an lack skill to perform without having a huge advantage which u had pre patch in the form of the stupid amount of dmg you could land with body shots..

Hence the reason i guess the devs decided it was time for a change because everyone could like cooties said pick up some bodkins an a decent bow an be a jambi without investing the same amount of time learning to aim because all you needed was to land body shots..

Headshots is how it should be, archery had gotten WAY too easy with all the changes up until now, before only those who actually had aim could top the scoreboards easily (You see a lot of the same old school archers still top the scoreboards and do great), after all the archery changes making it accessible to tons of people with absolutely horrible aim and timing you saw all these new characters rising up.

IMO archery should stay a ranged class that requires a lot of skill/aim to be good at, it shouldn't turn into a 'Sniper class' as in any FPS where all the morons grab the class and camp a spot (roofs) for kills and then pat themselves on the back every evening - granted a huge multitude of people prefer such a boring and tedious type of gameplay I say we stick it to them and laugh in their faces :twisted: go play one of the many generic and brainless FPS games out there.

Perhaps there's some tweaking here and there needed, hopefully the balance team has that somewhat under control in time.

Buff Crossbow damage, keep Archery as is.

Pretty much sums it up... well said

Anyways not gonna borther keep posting reply´s

Dont worry the devs don't listen to me anyways so no need to get off your boat of tears over my comments keep it up im sure chadz is taken notes of your input towards the current ranged balance..
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:21:11 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »
As i said just aim your crosshair up wil improve.
And it´s quite lovely seeing that heavy armored guy and get the one shot one kill headshot instead of putting 6 arrows in his body.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2012, 03:20:04 pm »
+1
Edited for the sake of not beating a dead horse.

Give arbalests either more bolts to work with,either give us a slightly tighter reticle so that the wiggle room from bolts isn't so god damn common, even at 150 WPF. I should not be having to two shot a guy in rags with a MW arbalest and bolts especially when I only have 13 shots to work with.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:27:10 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »
Wrong it just shows you guys are full of shit an lack skill to perform without having a huge advantage which u had pre patch in the form of the stupid amount of dmg you could land with body shots..

Ok I'll go find the scores of the best 2h and post a picture proving that 2h need to be nerfed...

Twat

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2012, 03:25:12 pm »
Ok I'll go find the scores of the best 2h and post a picture proving that 2h need to be nerfed...

Twat

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »
Please, show me how you can receive 100p
Maybe you miss that you have only 16 effective wpf?

PS
81,5136p *0.67 = 54,614112p
Your damage today

Also I can't imagine how often you repairing your bow and arrows with your 16 wpf.

That you loose 14wpf per 1PD is not true.
It would mean that the accruacy with 140wpf on 10PD is like the same with 0wpf.
But this is not the case.. try it out with a STF char.

Actually PD up to 5 increases wpf(like in native) and PD over 5 decreases it.
But as far as I know(I checked the code for a while ago) this wpf increasing/decreasing on PD doesn't effect the damage- and upkeep calculation.

By the way:
I have 159wpf and not 156 :wink:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2012, 03:35:22 pm »
+2
Tzar stop shitting up the thread.

Hitting someone with a headshot requires about as much skill as hitting someone at distance in mount & musket.  Except the people in M&M have the courtesy to stand still for you, and the bullet travels almost instantly and there is no need to adjust the shot for arc or distance.

Anyone who's played a ranged class seriously knows that getting headshots is 30% skill 70% luck, unless someone is right up in your face in which case it's maybe more like 30% luck.  I should add that there are players who aim their shots a bit higher and try to go for headshots.  This might have a slight increase in hs%, but at the cost of a LOT more misses.

It's pretty obvious who in this thread has absolutely no idea how ranged classes actually function in cRPG.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:42:57 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2012, 03:41:17 pm »
Tzar stop shitting up the thread.

Hitting someone with a headshot requires about as much skill as hitting someone at distance in mount & musket.  Except the people in M&M have the courtesy to stand still for you, and the bullet travels almost instantly and there is no need to adjust the shot for arc or distance.

Anyone who's played a ranged class seriously knows that getting headshots is 30% skill 70% luck, unless someone is right up in your face in which case it's maybe more like 30% luck. 

It's pretty obvious who in this thread has absolutely no idea how ranged classes actually function in cRPG.

i think Tzar never tryed ranged, maybe some stf alt for 1 hour.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2012, 03:48:36 pm »
+1
Was about to say, don't let people pull you into trash talking just because their class now requires less skill to play.
As in less thinking where to move or any other kind of adjustments you do to counter some game mechanics.

So keep this clean and talk about the change.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2012, 04:37:53 pm »
Most good shielders don't wear "hard" armor, they have a good shield and that's the protection.

But I know there will be PLENTY of archers adapting to the new change just like every other class has had to adapt to a change at some point. The more time you spend bitching in here the less time you have to get used to the changes and getting better  :idea:

Some people don't want to have to get better. They want to point and click at targets miles away and 1,2,3 hit them. At least in melee its pvp, IE you have to play against another player (shocking in a multiplayer game), and have to block and time attacks and think of positioning. Ranged is just too relaxed and one sided. Seriously though, the melee/cav mechanics in the game are leagues ahead of the ranged stuff. Its just not in depth enough to warrant high piercing damage so being encouraged to aim for the head at least lifts the bar up a notch.

Until the ranged mechanics are complex and as good as the other aspects of the game the damage should be support type damage imo. You get the stun on hit still regardless of damage and can go into melee range whenever you like to finish someone off. Especially as a crossbowman, you can do melee as good as anyone else

If you want good damage for ranged how about adding something like Slings to the game? So you have to time when to release the projectile while its spinning around your head. That would be cool and skill based
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:44:48 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »
Some people don't want to have to get better. They want to point and click at targets miles away and 1,2,3 hit them. At least in melee its pvp, IE you have to play against another player (shocking in a multiplayer game), and have to block and time attacks and think of positioning. Ranged is just too relaxed and one sided. Seriously though, the melee/cav mechanics in the game are leagues ahead of the ranged stuff. Its just not in depth enough to warrant high piercing damage so being encouraged to aim for the head at least lifts the bar up a notch.

Until the ranged mechanics are complex and as good as the other aspects of the game the damage should be support type damage imo. You get the stun on hit still regardless of damage and can go into melee range whenever you like to finish someone off. Especially as a crossbowman, you can do melee as good as anyone else

Lol ranged never was relaxing, you try to not be killed by other ranged, or be raped by enemy cav, and look cav- 1 what they do- spawn rape, then they look for easy target- i think it is relaxing too, i was cav 1 gen- it was easy, than look shielders and pikemans also not super hard, hard armor and easy block + spam .
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »

Well when missile speeds were faster and bows more accurate you used to get very intense ranged vs ranged fights. Doesn't happen anymore. Most ranged won't even bother firing at other ranged unless they are relatively close. Long ranged range vs range is just retarded. It's to easy to dodge. The nerfs have taken the fun and challenge out of playing pvp against a class of your type. Now the biggest challenge is cav whilst you happily shoot away at melee.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:48:30 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2012, 05:03:00 pm »
But as far as I know(I checked the code for a while ago) this wpf increasing/decreasing on PD doesn't effect the damage- and upkeep calculation.

I'd appriciate if you can provide proof about this or even where to check at. I haven't been able to find a solid source for it and I'd gladly edit the damage calculator if I had solid proof pointing towards not using effective wpf for damage.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2012, 05:06:58 pm »
I've spectated Jambi, and I would like to know why he can't replicate that score again. :rolleyes:

I guess he is now no skill.  :shock:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.