Poll

Do we need immediate changes regarding the amount of ranged and cavalry in cRPG ?

Yes
76 (21.2%)
No
86 (24%)
Yes,but only for ranged
67 (18.7%)
Yes, but only for cavalry
20 (5.6%)
No, just remove the roofcamping
109 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 357

Voting closed: January 30, 2012, 01:23:06 am

Author Topic: The state of cRPG  (Read 25240 times)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The state of cRPG
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02:37 pm »
+5
cRPG ==

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2012, 04:02:45 am »
+1
If we're all about fucking with swing speeds and block times, can we then make it so having your thrust attack blocked doesn't sometimes lead to a free hit for the enemy (especially if it's chambered)?

Because that's annoying as hell.

Would be really nice to see this fixed. Absolutely hate having my thrust blocked and then having to sit there not being able to do anything as they get a free hit on me.

Offline Jon_Snow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2012, 04:08:30 am »
+1
Dead Mod is once again alive and kicking.

*Shakes fist at chadz!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2012, 12:18:50 pm »
This! Polearms and two-handers always gets a delay after stabbing into a block which makes the opponent get an unblockable hit on you afterwards, depending on the range between you and your enemy. 2Hs get the worst delay, while polearms have a lot shorter thrust and thus have to be closer to stab. It's ridiculous that people should be completely vulnerable just because a guy blocked one of your attacks.
Not sure if this is true, never had any trouble with it as a lolstabbing GG user or now as an ashwood pike stab spammer.

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2012, 12:51:44 pm »
0.210 version was OP :3 hope to see it come back :3

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2012, 01:39:52 pm »
This! Polearms and two-handers always gets a delay after stabbing into a block which makes the opponent get an unblockable hit on you afterwards, depending on the range between you and your enemy. 2Hs get the worst delay, while polearms have a lot shorter thrust and thus have to be closer to stab. It's ridiculous that people should be completely vulnerable just because a guy blocked one of your attacks.

I have a polearm and i agree this is annoying, but isn't this sort of a way to penalty rotate-stabbing? Why stab when you are close to each other? I thought stabs were used for range, thus the penalty for close-ranged stabs.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2012, 03:32:17 pm »
Even as one of the most prominent stab (ab)users, I say that in the current state of the mod the thruststun must exist. The stab is a wonky attack, and since it can be so heavily twitched in so many ways there needs to be a downside to it or stabs will be OP.

Especially with the current sideswings, the thruststun is basically the only reason I use any other attack than the stab.

That said, if they would speed things up (not necessarily through gamespeed, but through weapon stats and whatever) I could see a reason for the removal.

If it's possible though, maybe reduce the effect of stab-on-shield imho, but then I'm pretty biased

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2012, 04:11:05 pm »
I agree, making the stab hazardous seem to be necessary.

Just wish the devs would come up with some remedy for the prevalent polearm lolstab, similar to the improvements done to 2handers.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2012, 09:39:25 pm »

Worst thing is 1H can have their thrust blocked and continue to spam anyway.

Like.... really.

Its almost as if it was just a feint and the block never existed and they hit you back across the face  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:40:29 pm by Butan »

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2012, 10:23:16 pm »
The nice thing about thrust stun, is that it usually leads to thrust chambers being unblockable. This adds a nifty element of risk to stabs.

If a left-to-right attack (yes, including the "spammable" 1h attack) is blocked, it will be a bit longer in the blocked state, thus taking more time to do another attack. It will most likely lessen the ability to spam with 1h, as well as reducing the instantness for a left/right combo with 2h/pole.
Is the stun short enough that a 1h can still left spam a maul user who is going for an overhead? That's really important for maul balance (right swing isn't fast enough, and the overhead stands a very high chance of getting chambered).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:28:38 pm by Vodner »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #340 on: January 15, 2012, 10:53:11 pm »
New helmets added

Win

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:48 pm »
Not sure if this is true, never had any trouble with it as a lolstabbing GG user or now as an ashwood pike stab spammer.

Go duel a shielder using a long spear. Report your findings.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2012, 11:51:26 pm »
Go duel a shielder using a long spear. Report your findings.

Or even worse, try it with a pike. Half of my thrusts I just have to hope they don't decide to charge at me afterwards, or I'm totally defenseless if I can't dodge their attack.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2012, 11:57:53 pm »
Were long spears and pikes designed to be used as duelling or close combat weapons?  :shock:

They should suck more than the suckiest sucky thing ever unless being used to take out cav or stop charges of inf in head on battles.  Being able to block with such long poles if even more bizarre and lol'ier.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:59:06 pm by polkafranzi »

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2012, 12:00:26 am »
Were long spears and pikes designed to be used as duelling or close combat weapons?  :shock:

They should suck more than the suckiest sucky thing ever unless being used to take out cav or stop charges of inf in head on battles.

Then who would care to play it?  :?

You see it if you got some facehugger and you try to stab him, and he blocks or sometimes it simply glances. Your character makes "hugh", your spear makes "fftttttt" and you are stuck in the chambered stab animation for like half a second or more. You never had this?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)