Poll

Do we need immediate changes regarding the amount of ranged and cavalry in cRPG ?

Yes
76 (21.2%)
No
86 (24%)
Yes,but only for ranged
67 (18.7%)
Yes, but only for cavalry
20 (5.6%)
No, just remove the roofcamping
109 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 357

Voting closed: January 30, 2012, 01:23:06 am

Author Topic: The state of cRPG  (Read 25078 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The state of cRPG
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2012, 02:10:03 pm »
sag

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2012, 02:19:03 pm »
Archers and Xbowmen are nerfed enough as it is. Further nerfing and nerfing seems silly, and you can't keep doing it.

I think the main thing we need is to motivate organized infantry play. If we can get bonuses for fighting in groups, for making shieldwalls, for charging together, we can make cRPG more what it is like in the pics Ujin posted.

Stop nerfing ranged, start buffing infantry.

Offline BerG

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader Aliance
  • Game nicks: SB_BerG
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2012, 02:21:22 pm »
interesting.

very interesting.
Code: [Select]
0000072: increase ranged damage on headshots, decrease it on all other body parts. Status: resolved
Oh noes poor xbowers... They was innocent. And archers almost dont give a shit about this nerf actually.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2012, 02:22:23 pm »
Archers and Xbowmen are nerfed enough as it is. Further nerfing and nerfing seems silly, and you can't keep doing it.

I think the main thing we need is to motivate organized infantry play. If we can get bonuses for fighting in groups, for making shieldwalls, for charging together, we can make cRPG more what it is like in the pics Ujin posted.

Stop nerfing ranged, start buffing infantry.

But still those ladders are a pain.
1. You cant fight back
2. People dont come down when they have to - they come down one by one - they shoot first 2-4 times before coming down.
3. Its boring as hell to wait for 2-3 bundle of stickss farming their valour.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30:33 pm »
+1
We need a sweet combination of the old xp and the new xp system. Give a base value tick influenced by a multiplier that is influenced by winning, but also give an area xp if you are close to someone that gets killed.

Advantages of the old system:
- People were forced to stick together, creating teamwork situations instead of the scattered individual fighting we have now.
- Ranged couldn't camp roofs, because they would not get any xp. They had a supporting role just behind the main infantry line. Like it should be imo. Unless if the roof was close to the fighting. Thus remove ladders.
- Cav also supported the infantry fight, instead of going to their own little field to play with the other horsemen.

Disadvantages of the old system:
- Most battles consisted of two big blobs crashing into eachother, not so sure if this is even all that bad.
- There was no flanking, well atleast not without giving up the bulk of your xp gain for the round. Again, is this all that bad?

I think adding the new and old xp system together gives us the good things from the old xp system while still allowing for flanking, at some cost. Still flanking might win your team the battle and thus increasing your xp.

Change the inf vs inf, cav vs cav, ranged vs ranged fighting to a combined effort of all classes to defeat the other combined warband.

Another thing: Remove ladders from battle, but add deployable stakes. I understand enabling them do hurt cav that runs into them gives significant performance issues, but that isn't even necesarry. As long as they are solid objects that you can't move through its fine. Siege shields and stakes will make open field battles a lot more managable for the foot soldier, especially the ranged ones. It also adds tactical depth, proper placement of siege shields and stakes can turn the battle in your favour.

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2012, 02:40:50 pm »
+1
We realy need to buff infantry, force ppl to use formation.

They tend to be organized on open plain , so maybe start with more open plain in the map rotation.

Why dont give the strat bonus for shieldwall into crpg battle? the script already exist and should be a good push to force player to play together.

Maybe deployable pavise for crossbowman? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olnq32yEmZQ

And for the finish, allow clan to have a bannerman that carry a REAL banner or flag wich give a slightly bonus (a little heal or a low dmg bonus)visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2012, 02:46:51 pm »

And this is what i remember cRPG for, as well as what i like(d) about it and what i'd like to see more in cRPG.

I noticed that on last picture u added there are more kills from range weapon than from melee :) .
Roofcamping is only using a terrain to make an advance almost like standing on hills. And there is also one more thing: camping unreachable places is banable so if u can see roofcampers on unreachable places write to admin to take them down :)
Archer forever :D

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »
+1
I noticed that on last picture u added there are more kills from range weapon than from melee :) .
Roofcamping is only using a terrain to make an advance almost like standing on hills. And there is also one more thing: camping unreachable places is banable so if u can see roofcampers on unreachable places write to admin to take them down :)

Sorry, this rule only applies at the end of the round. If there are no other feet on the ground of that team, they have to go down. Any suggestions to remove this partial invincibility were ignored.

And in difference to roofs, even with a narrow ladder that's part of the map, the position is more than unfair.

I remember there used to be that siege scene in battle mode (!!!) with this desert castle at the foot of a mountain (Helm's Deep -like), the gate and everything was open, so basically everyone could go everywhere. But guess who won most rounds on this map, those spawning inside or in front of the castle?

Elevated positions with only one, narrow access should be treated as fortifications, and thus only belong into siege mode.

(click to show/hide)

Yay, 1257ad  :D
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2012, 02:57:57 pm »

In poland counting skills aren't the best are they

6 Melee, 5 ranged (1 is TK so doesn't really count tbh)
Turtles

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2012, 03:00:46 pm »
Code: [Select]
0000072: increase ranged damage on headshots, decrease it on all other body parts. Status: resolved
Oh noes poor xbowers... They was innocent. And archers almost dont give a shit about this nerf actually.

This would be a great change. Would be cool to see ranged encouraged to aim for headshots rather than spam in the general area and do half or more of someones HP.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:03:34 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2012, 03:06:54 pm »
Sorry, this rule only applies at the end of the round. If there are no other feet on the ground of that team, they have to go down. Any suggestions to remove this partial invincibility were ignored.

And in difference to roofs, even with a narrow ladder that's part of the map, the position is more than unfair.

I remember there used to be that siege scene in battle mode (!!!) with this desert castle at the foot of a mountain (Helm's Deep -like), the gate and everything was open, so basically everyone could go everywhere. But guess who won most rounds on this map, those spawning inside or in front of the castle?

Elevated positions with only one, narrow access should be treated as fortifications, and thus only belong into siege mode.

Yay, 1257ad  :D

I'm interested, something prevent YOUR team to capture this roofs first? Or something prevent you to take ladder and make a way for your teammates there? This called «Key points» IRL. If you want control battlefield - you need to control key points, if you cant control key point, you need more FIREPOWER to supress enemy key points, and make this key points useless. If you can't do this - your TEAM loose.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2012, 03:13:30 pm »
I'm not sure I am in for the headshot vs. body. It might just result in even more random shit, which people hate so much to begin with. It might also be a solution.

The point is, that people don't die to ranged. The statistics clearly show that. So nerfing dams and stun doesn't change anything. People just don't like getting shot at.

What is needed is more incentives for infantry staying in groups. Ideas like bonus to shieldwalls, maybe support bonus with flags etc.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:11 pm »
torch.... hold f against house to set on fire, everyone on house take 2 dmg/second

cav: increase upkeep of the medium horses ( courser, arabian, destrier ) they are way better then what they cost

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2012, 03:22:35 pm »
+1
This all comes down to ladders if they removed ladders our problems would be gone.

Paul said he wouldnt mind it but chadz for some reason is insisting ladders stay on battle servers for some fucked up reason i dunno why... so unless u can talk chadz into removing it we gonna have every roof camped by archers an xbowers until ladders are gone...

Im sure that 40% of the ranged player base would simply re spec or switch class once they cant be immune to melee if they removed ladders.

So by removing ladders it sorta would balance it out.

About increasing upkeep of cav i don't see how it would fix anything.. every cav player who uses the market to sell an buy profit cant be touched by the upkeep mechanics anyways...

So it would only prevent some of the poor cav players from using their pony´s

Removing ladders would also force ranged to target cav more then peasents an people busy in battle.. in the end like i said removing ladders would create much more teamwork an better gameplay for cRPG.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:25:34 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:57 pm »
+1
make ladders harder to destroy, standingon roof without ladder kickable ALLWAYS, destroying ladder on purpose banable