Poll

I can't get no Map-isfaction..!

I'm satisfied with the current selection of maps
I'm moderately satisfied with the current selection of maps
I 'm not satisfied with the current selection of maps and I wish to make my voice heard in this thread!
Maps are horrible, add more maps that cater to my class!
Maps are horrible, I hate you

Author Topic: [Feedback] Maps on official servers  (Read 44913 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: [Feedback] Maps on official servers
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 07:56:04 am »
NA 1 running battle map 'Battle in Swadia' is a total FPS killer for me and a couple of clanmates

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 02:32:39 pm »
For all of you having performance issues: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26417.0.html

You cannot nerf tree's. You can limit yourself when placing them, but looking at maps like battle on ice, which is a native map, you can have a decent amount of trees without suffering a performance hit.
Monkeys!

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 02:55:44 pm »
+1
What is with EU5 siege server? And bring back banner balance on it. When banner balance is turned off - EU5 was all time empty. Some of us play only siege and now there only one siege server. At evening its almost impossible to enter. Bring back EU5 and bring back banner balance on it - It was just fine before, two siege servers with banner balance and both full. There a lots of battle servers, and some of us play only siege so don't ruin game for us.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »
Since patch 2.70 we can not poll for "arena"on the Aus server.It is in the rotation and randomly comes up but it is not in the list for users to poll or admins to change to.This is really bad for the tiny Australian community as it is the most popular map that is often polled,mainly because it is a small map and there isnt many players online.Dose someone know how to fix this or is it just a bug from the latest patch? Also are you ment to make changes to the "scene.txt" file for every map added or is that only if you want the map not to be named "blank ....."?

Ok update this problem:
                                       I have made a completley new server and got it up and running starting from scratch running the latest updates and just using the default maps and settings.Still you cannot poll the arena map,so it must have something to do with the latest crpg update.Where do or who do I submit this issue to?As we have lost quiet a bit of the already small community that Australia has because no one really wants to play on a massive map when there is only 6 players online.Arena map is a very important part of the tiny Australian community.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:48:39 am by Dutchydave »

Offline Mustikki

• Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 01:34:18 am »
Dutchydave you should check this thread about small server maps, if your in need. http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,24392.0.html
Silent Sea and Tavern of the Burning Witch are especially made for small servers, also Bum's of Swadia is quite small map.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:39 am »
PLEASE remove Castle 1 (from Native) or edit it somehow to make it FAIR

Offline Jacko

• Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:11 am »
>_<

BlackMilk, map name? (press escape 'show game rules' or qmd/u), fair for whom? How many players were on?

Dutchydave:

The names were changed, so all the old native maps are named native_x (or in your case 'native_the_arena'). Go check in the either strings or scenes to see the new names.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:34:32 pm by Jacko »
Monkeys!

Offline Mustikki

• Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »
Some of the Eu rotation maps comes again, after only few maps has been in between them.
I think this would need a bit of editing.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:49 pm »
I think the Map name is Castle_1 (atleast in native).
How many players? between 1 and 80 :D
Make it fair for who? The defenders obviously.

Offline Jacko

• Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:58 pm »
Clearly feedback is a foreign concept.
Monkeys!

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2012, 11:20:43 pm »
Its a map with no siegetowers/whatsoever and only 1 Main ladder, 1 on th right, 1 on
the Left and 1 at the back. Left to the main ladder there is a Gate and if the attacker Managed
to Open it (which Happens in ~ 95% of the rounds) the atrackers have a Direct
Way to the Flag which leads to them winning
the Round. It has been there and unbalanced for ages now and I Hope you can do something about it (eg
removing the Gate but add a backdoor perhaps?)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 08:12:59 pm »
For all of you having performance issues: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26417.0.html

You cannot nerf tree's. You can limit yourself when placing them, but looking at maps like battle on ice, which is a native map, you can have a decent amount of trees without suffering a performance hit.

Excessive trees, especially those that server no purpose is not good game design.  Just like the maps that have entire castles that are not excessable and serve no purpose other than 'ambiance'.  This is not CRYSIS, maps should be WELL optimized for lower end machines.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11:00 pm »
Does the voting for maps actually do anything?  I've not noticed any shit maps ever removed even though I always qmd them.  I've never noticed any change in map rotation actually....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2012, 12:29:09 am »
Does the voting for maps actually do anything?  I've not noticed any shit maps ever removed even though I always qmd them.  I've never noticed any change in map rotation actually....

Rotation has changed twice in the last month.  Pretty much all of the terribad maps were removed with the first big change.  The only map I see which consistently draws a huge amount of groans is Random Steppe.

I'd still be interested to see the QMU/QMD results for all the maps, despite the obvious drawbacks of such a simple feedback system.  Really the only reason it interests me is because the player sample size is a lot larger than the relatively small proportion of people who take the time to post in this thread.

Excessive trees, especially those that server no purpose is not good game design.  Just like the maps that have entire castles that are not excessable and serve no purpose other than 'ambiance'.  This is not CRYSIS, maps should be WELL optimized for lower end machines.

Battle on Ice is a default map included with Mount & Blade - Warband.  It has both excessive trees that serve no purpose and an entire castle that is not accessible.

Since your computer is having trouble running a map included with the game I highly recommend you optimize the game for your low end machine!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2012, 12:39:55 am »
Since your computer is having trouble running a map included with the game I highly recommend you optimize the game for your low end machine!

No my computer is fine, its the mod and its lack of optimization that are the problem.  I've already optimized about every single item that can be tweaked without making the game look worse than software rendered Quake 1 in 320x240 res.  Other games run twice the detail perfectly fine, native runs fine...this mod needs serious attention. 

And by making excuses for crappy maps and mappers and blaming the players, you only continue to exacerbate the problem.