Author Topic: New Autobalance  (Read 7675 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: New Autobalance
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:51 pm »
should have said, I'm talking battle. Don't know what changed in siege.

but chadz already confirmed it was overdone, so lets see what he comes up with...

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 08:54:30 pm »
PIN balance pls

Offline Jagdpanther

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:57:25 pm »
/voteban New_Autobalance

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 10:02:01 pm »
+2
I like it, any change to Auto-Team-Balance a step forward in the right direction, not saying it is perfect as it is now obviously it still need some adjustments but chadz is working on it as he described in this thread.
Auto team balance has always been a major issue in Mount&Blade, so anything to tweak, play around, change, whatever to make auto team balance work properly.

Bring on change! :wink:
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 10:21:11 pm »
Just to bring up a point of discussion, do the matches for maps actually have to be "balanced"? Can you balance teams and multis for players across two or three maps but have each map be best out of 3 or 5 or just a set 4 matches? Maybe a minor tweaking after the first round if one team just gets completely steam-rolled with most of the opposing team still alive?

Maybe it's because I "fly solo" but the only problem I've had with team balancing is the idea that both "teams" have to be close to winning the arbitrary 5 rounds? From what I've gathered if the community, devs, admins, etc. want this mod to be team oriented maybe try to implement a system where I get to play with the rando' again that fought back-to-back with me versus many.
And how!

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 12:50:15 am »
it just needs to be somewhere between the new and old systems.

old system led to lots of 5-0 sweeps, this one drags out matches for ages and shuffles up players too much.  right in the middle will be best.

also, if the server can judge a player's value based on their all-time K/D ratio instead of just what they did on the first round it will be better at balancing to begin with.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 01:39:00 am »
my take on this now when there is multiple clans balance actually try to split them on different sides which is awesome !   

But something make me /nerdraging  , i have been on defense non stop for like 16 rounds ( not counting the first round because you can actually choose )

the shuffle need to count the numbers of times you have been on offense and defense and switch you accordingly ( dont know if that's possible... ) 

This only affect siege of course

beside that its a great step in the right direction  i love it    :o

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 11:31:47 am »
it just needs to be somewhere between the new and old systems.

old system led to lots of 5-0 sweeps, this one drags out matches for ages and shuffles up players too much.  right in the middle will be best.

also, if the server can judge a player's value based on their all-time K/D ratio instead of just what they did on the first round it will be better at balancing to begin with.
I disagree. I love 5-0 sweeps, more on the winning side of course, but even on the loosing side playing against the odds is fun.

To your second point, how do you know how it is working? I don't think current performance counts much.

On another note the xp is really an issue other than I thought first. Overall income is much lower.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »
The xp and money gains have dropped a lot indeed. That's bad. Heirloom prices will ramp up, leveling will become more frustrating and worst of all, people who don't have a shitton of money will start playing in even lower end gear.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 02:07:53 pm »
I've been winning a lot more lately.. More money and multiplier then ever, actually.
Monkeys!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 02:18:39 pm »
I've been winning a lot more lately.. More money and multiplier then ever, actually.
you must be playing another game.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 02:19:54 pm »

You are very lucky then.

If you manage to be good with this system, it will bounce you around mostly with other skilled players, so you will dominate, no matter the team. I had x5 streaks like that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Malevolent_Warlord

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 02:59:53 pm »
New autobalancer really kills teamplay.
Getting bounced around every round to different spawns and teams promote individualism greatly.
I like following good players and helping them out, thats teamplay for me. Constant teamswitching kills that so badly.

I preferred the older autobalancer more. Stability was better even when losing.
MP nicks: Malevolent_Warlord, Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry, Warlords_Clibanarii

Those who are interested in tactics and tips: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 03:32:33 pm »
If you are breaking the 1st round autobalance like Greys do, you will be rewarded with NEVER getting switched to defense.

I hope they fix this before they are all level 35 soon.
While we wait, these guys are taking about 2,5 millions xp a day.

So THAT's what's going on.  I've been noticing since the patch that my clan has been stuck on Defense 99% of the time while other clans are constantly on Offense.
Not sure exactly how that's happening but it's a neat trick...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 04:09:15 pm »
I was switching sides every round on Sunday night when I was playing with my bro.  He was wearing a banner of a large group of players and was almost always on the same side.  Me being the only one in the server with my banner was being moved literally every round from one team and then back.  Hard to keep a multiplier or build any sort of "teamwork" when it's constantly being switched.

I personally didn't like the old system that much where everything was determined off the first round (which would cause some pretty unbalanced teams).  I think it needed to even up teams once in a while mid-map (more than it did).  But that being said, I think most maps are relatively balanced, unlike siege maps so in theory any side can win any round.  I just want the ability to be able to carry a multiplier for a longer period, and being switched (literally every single round) makes it hard to do that.

If I had to choose I'd say to back to the old balance system.  And while we're at it, maybe try to even out the classes so it's about even on both teams.  In the past I noticed it seemed like ranged and cav would be much higher on one team than the other.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy