Author Topic: [Ver 2.8] Arked-Draggon Alternate Clan Banner Pack  (Read 22831 times)

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
[Ver 2.8] Arked-Draggon Alternate Clan Banner Pack
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:13:01 am »
+1
~ Arked-Draggon Alternate Medieval Clan Banner Pack ~

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Current Version: 2.8
Download Links:

Link 1: M&B Nexus Mods
Link 2: Google Drive

Reason for the new thread...
Kalam, Arked, Overdriven, & Niemand have done excellent work with these Banner Packs:
Kalam/Overdriven's Official Clan Banner Pack
Arked's Alternate Clan Banner Pack

Overdriven has recently taken over Kalam's work and has also made changes to the "script.txt" which allows the backgrounds to match the primary banner colors.  This translates onto the backs of your Heraldic armors and makes them match your banner in-game.

I've done the same with Arked's Pack.  126 banners fully converted to matching Heraldic backs.
To see and use these changes, simply download the newest version of the scripts.txt, and replace the one that's already in your Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\cRPG folder.  The .zip also includes the latest banners.  Just drop them into your Textures folder and replace the ones already there.  The 'Read Me.txt' in the .zip provides step by step instructions if you're not familiar with it.  Very simple and easy to do for anyone.

Used Banner Slots
(click to show/hide)

Reserved Banner Slots
(click to show/hide)
(The above lists are still being updated)

Heraldic Back Examples

Any other clans would like to add their banner to this pack, feel free to place your requests in this thread.
One key factor of this pack is that the banner slots in this pack also coincide with the Kalam/Overdriven Banner Pack so that no matter which pack people have installed, they will see your clan/faction's banner correctly.

Rules:  Pretty much the same as Arked laid out in his original post here.  Although I would like to add a couple rules of thumb to go by for getting banners accepted...
*Think Medieval*
Probably 2-3 basic colors max.  Very simple graphics.  Nothing 3D or shadowed, no bright colors (reduce saturation by 10-25% and/or maybe even layer transparency), no super sharp edges, outlines, etc.  Just picture what little they had to work with back then for embroidery on cloth and paint on shields.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:25:15 am by Kalam »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
O prior warning. Every time a new patch comes out that edits the scripts.txt. You have to copy and paste the colour codes from the old into the new. You can't copy the entire line for some reason as the backgrounds just end up black. It takes about 15mins so not to long  :)

Good luck  :D

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
What did you use for the copyage?
Maybe Notepad++ would help?
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
That's what I used  :P

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
Okay. Strange. Sad. Hoped I could help. :D
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Glad you are taking up this cause, hope you will keep it focused and high standards.

Might want to add...
No super bright colors.  Reducing saturation by 10-25% makes'em look like they would have actually been used, accomplished with natural world pigments.

Doubt you want to be this accurate but fairly sure orange was not able to be made until Europeans came to Americas

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
O prior warning. Every time a new patch comes out that edits the scripts.txt. You have to copy and paste the colour codes from the old into the new. You can't copy the entire line for some reason as the backgrounds just end up black. It takes about 15mins so not to long  :)

Good luck  :D

Oh wow, thanks for the head's up.  So if I go in old one and highlight/copy just the sections I edited for the backgrounds and paste that into the newly patched script, that should do the trick?

Glad you are taking up this cause, hope you will keep it focused and high standards.

Might want to add...
No super bright colors.  Reducing saturation by 10-25% makes'em look like they would have actually been used, accomplished with natural world pigments.

Doubt you want to be this accurate but fairly sure orange was not able to be made until Europeans came to Americas

Good points Digglez.  I'll add the bright colors & saturation tips.
Pretty sure you're right about the orange, but yeah I probably won't go that extreme.  I'll end up opening a huge can of worms having to research what colors were available when and all that jazz.  Could get crazy and way more time consuming - heh.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I rather use the latest 9 month old version from Arked than the other bannerpack, so needless to say I am really glad someone is continuing something along those lines!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Oh wow, thanks for the head's up.  So if I go in old one and highlight/copy just the sections I edited for the backgrounds and paste that into the newly patched script, that should do the trick?

Yeah that's right :)

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
I rather use the latest 9 month old version from Arked than the other bannerpack, so needless to say I am really glad someone is continuing something along those lines!
Well Overdriven's doing a great service to all the clans by allowing their banners, no matter how far out some of them may be, into the Official Clan Banner Pack.  It's just that some of the banners are of course, not very well done, or are just way too modern looking.
Even some of the banners in this pack are pretty borderline.  Once I get done with the script work I might go in and start de-saturating some of the brighter, harsher lined banners.

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
Yeah that's right :)

Awesome!  That shouldn't be any problem then.

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
Okay, newest version here.

Banners for std_banners_a.dds, std_banners_b, std_banners_g.dds complete.  Any clans with banners from A-1-1 to A-3-7, B-1-1 to B-3-7, G-1-1 to G-3-7 now have matching Heraldic backs. 63 matching banners total so far.

Here are just a few sample screens for banners that I know are used by some clans (click thumbnail for larger view):

Clans with matching Heraldic backs so far:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:09:59 pm by Draggon »

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
Yäy! We're one of the examples! :D

Now I feel special. :D

What I wish would be a banner that you can put there to be the back of the heraldic mail. I could do some pretty sick stuff with it. But I know that is not possible. :(

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
What I wish would be a banner that you can put there to be the back of the heraldic mail. I could do some pretty sick stuff with it. But I know that is not possible. :(

Lol yeah, could make your own 'bitch tats.' =P

Okay, 63 banners now done. _a.dds, _b.dds, and _g.dds.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
mods sticky plz~