Author Topic: New Autobalance  (Read 7786 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: New Autobalance
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2012, 10:42:18 am »
nothing of this was changed. The only thing that was changed was that, the 2 biggest banner 'blocks' can't end up on the same side anymore - instead, the biggest one is team1, the 2nd biggest one team2, or vice versa.

All what you described was unchanged.
thats odd. I think I use one of the most rarely used banners (white diagonal axe, some US-clan uses it) and I am 100% sure that before patch I had about a 50% chance to get switched on the second round and a very small chance to get switched one more time. Since the patch however I get switched four times minimum each map.

Also I see every round 5-10 people switched. Before patch it was 1-2 max after the second round.

And it is very noticable on xp income, leveling takes much more time for me though this is not my main issue.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:43:59 am by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline n1emys

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • sraka_the_Grey
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: sraka_the_Grey
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 10:49:36 am »
very good new ballance, good work

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2012, 10:50:58 am »
very good new ballance, good work
From the posts here it seems it is good for clans and bad for everyone else, but why is the question.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2012, 11:35:57 am »
I hadn't even noticed there was a new balance...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2012, 11:41:13 am »
I love this new balance. Always on the team with the other Byzantiums!  8-)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 11:57:32 am »
+1
i love new balance ;] you can play with your teammates most of the time

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2012, 02:54:08 pm »
- If there is only one "big banner block" on server it will always remain on one side - mostly attackers on siege

Been noticing this alot.  If there's 3-4 of my clan online, but more people from another clan is also on simultaneously, we end up on Defense about 99% of the time.
If there's only 1-2 of us on, we'll swap back n' forth between Defense/Offense no problem.  But it clearly seems that the more numbers you have, favors putting you on the attack almost every round.  Which of course is a huge advantage in siege 'usually.'

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »
I played a little bit earlier this morning and the map was ruins and it was going swimmingly at 2-3 until I was put on a team with one other dude vs. 25ish for three rounds.

On the final round I hid in a bush for a couple minutes naked. One guy basically brushed past my nude form before completely missing me.

Am I a leecher?

Edit: I hope someone who was playing that morning will come to confirm this because the print screen shot I took came up as a blank image for some reason. I thought it was amusing more then anything else but I hope a dev or someone will look into that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:07:36 pm by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2012, 06:25:37 pm »
I think the actual balance is better than it was before; however, I just think that there should be ways to minimize the mass team switching. Switching is necessary sometimes for balance, but I think the current balancer just switches way too much. Once that's settled, it will be good.

I also get map fatigue now that each map goes to 4-5 or 3-5.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2012, 09:49:51 pm »
+1
New balance needs more tweaks please. Makes the game unfun when you swap so many times. If your team is losing you should be motivated to play better, not just feel like you don't give a shit because you will swap soon anyway, or someone else will win the round for you. To me constant balancing makes the issue of team play worse because people's attitudes towards the rounds become short sighted or apathetic. I got swapped 5 times in 1 map just now. The map before that 4 or 5.

How about a cap on the amount of times a single player can be swapped? Or do the banner balance once so that the majority from the 2 big blocks are separate then leave it alone.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:53:01 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 10:17:06 pm »
Overall I think the balance is better in that maps go a lot longer so different sides tend to win more.

Side effect is I am still noticing a lot of team ping pong for myself... I've been bounced as much as 4 times in a row to the opposite team, as recent as today and last night after I downloaded the patch.

Still, it seems to be balancing a bit better at least, a lot fewer 5-0 map rolls.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 11:34:31 pm »
Overall I think the balance is better in that maps go a lot longer so different sides tend to win more.

Side effect is I am still noticing a lot of team ping pong for myself... I've been bounced as much as 4 times in a row to the opposite team, as recent as today and last night after I downloaded the patch.

Still, it seems to be balancing a bit better at least, a lot fewer 5-0 map rolls.
yeah and thats the questionable thing for me. Whats the point in teambalancing if it kicks in every round? balanced teams means for me that there are two roughly equal teams having both a chance of winning and trying to do so of course. Now the interesting part begins if one team wins a couple of rounds and what the "weaker" team means to do about it. Will it give up? will it change "tactics"? As well as the other team, before last patch I often noticed the superior team became sloppy and suddenly loosed.

With the current balance we have more 4-3 map results, yes. But this not more than a meaningless number, because every team change every round. So each individual and each clan sits in his own boat swapping teams and don't care with whom and against what there are fighting. It all becomes more meaningless.

Thats why I bolded "different sides" in your post. Different sides currently are the titles on score board, e.g. team red and team purple, but it says nothing whatsoever about two sides of players.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2012, 01:49:48 am »
+1
yeah and thats the questionable thing for me. Whats the point in teambalancing if it kicks in every round? balanced teams means for me that there are two roughly equal teams having both a chance of winning and trying to do so of course. Now the interesting part begins if one team wins a couple of rounds and what the "weaker" team means to do about it. Will it give up? will it change "tactics"? As well as the other team, before last patch I often noticed the superior team became sloppy and suddenly loosed.

With the current balance we have more 4-3 map results, yes. But this not more than a meaningless number, because every team change every round. So each individual and each clan sits in his own boat swapping teams and don't care with whom and against what there are fighting. It all becomes more meaningless.

Thats why I bolded "different sides" in your post. Different sides currently are the titles on score board, e.g. team red and team purple, but it says nothing whatsoever about two sides of players.

Exactly. Team scores look more even, but generally what's been happening is the biggest clan group is winning (as they did before), the difference is they switch sides now and so it looks like it's more even. Additionally what this means for the non-clan people is that rather than how before where if you got put on the clan team you could get up to a 3x, 4x or even 5x and actually get some good exp and gold, you'll be on the clan team, then off, then on, then off, etc. This results in larger clans still keeping x5 constantly, but rather than having the non-clan or small clan people get decent multipliers every other map, they all sit at 1x and 2x.

edit: Just something else I'd like to add. Teamswitching constantly makes it impossible to form any kind of counter to the other team's strategy. For example, last night got a map where the other team had 2 cav that were steamrolling our team, so I grab my longspear... and got switched to the cav team. Or another where one team kept camping a roof, so we grab ladders to get up to them, and half our team gets switched and we have no ladders.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:55:31 am by Zerran »

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:35 pm »
Looks like the servers weren't actually patched :)

Give it a try now, both siege and battle.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 12:13:46 pm »
Looks like the servers weren't actually patched :)
:D lulz

edit: everything fine now on battle. all the fuzz about it  :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:28:27 pm by The_Bloody_Nine »