Poll

Should this Teamwounding Report System be Removed?

Yes remove this
No its useful

Author Topic: New Teamwounding Report System  (Read 13890 times)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Re: New Teamwounding Report System
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2012, 05:47:02 pm »
I'm against any kind of automatic punishments for people who tk or th. Instead there should be more admins.

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • Renown: 238
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • 0==[]:::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vangaboys
  • Game nicks: Captain_Georges
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2012, 06:10:00 pm »
what is this new shit, we turning this into facebook or what? REMOVE IT

did u srsly expect people to be honest about reporting INTENTIONAL tks? why not just outright remove friendly fire out of the game? wouldn't that be gay now?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:16:49 pm by Captain_Georges »
cRPG needs guns

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2012, 06:13:34 pm »
If you actually lag out and run through a crowd of people on a regular basis, then just pretend your connection lagged so hard it got you disconnected. But if you manage to team bump people while in full control on a regular basis, you should probly rethink your strategy. Aren't you a horse archer anyways? I rarely teambump as a horse archer. Almost only happens when I'm in 1st person taking a shot and not paying attention to where I'm going. Definitely doesn't add up to enough to reach 5 reports in a map.

No I don't generally team bump as a horse archer. If I do it is purely accidental due to lag, or the case I mentioned above where infantry just isn't paying attention. I spend most of my time chasing down enemy cavalry and such. Though that can also lead to teambumps...if enemy cav decides to charge through a load of people to escape me (happens rather often on village maps with streets) then I am not going to give up the chase just to avoid bumping a couple of team mates. Either that or it's cases where I attempt to bump the enemy to make it easy for meleers, but because they are moving around all over the place I may misjudge.

O and yeah I play in 1st person. So that may contribute sometimes, but 1st person is ultimately better for HA as long as you know how to use your horse and are generally aware.

But in my opinion, none of those are worth reporting. Problem being though that inf inevitably hates horse bumping so probably will auto press M out of rage. I just don't like this system altogether, even for team wounding. This is what admins are for.

It's like the system in BF2 where if you tk someone they have the option to punish you or not (ruduces your score on top of the already slight reduction). 99% of people always press it, even if it's obviously accidental. Why? Because it's there and people like to rage. Is there any need for that system? No not at all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:25:15 pm by Overdriven »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »
Kicking and punching for the lols is one of the things that should get reported. Unless you know the person you're kicking or punching is ok with it, then you deserve every report you get. As a horse archer, both me and my horse are lightly armored and need every ounce of health we have since our primary threat is ranged, and with ranged, the slightest slither of health often helps you get one more shot before falling.

Kicking and punching for the lols typically does 0 damage.  I know I've been screwing around with the new system and I've been reported countless times, all while doing precisely 0 damage to people because I make sure to glance my swing or to punch heavy armored people.

0 damage report needs to be changed.  It's precisely the people who you know that are the ones reporting these silly punches because "it's funny".

If my suggested changes to make 0 damage attacks not reportable and have the report only visible to admins were implemented this wouldn't happen as much.

I just want to reiterate that my biggest grievance with the new system is it does not remove the need for admins to review situations... it is not a fill in or solution to the need to have admins actually watch and review attacks and take action.  It's just a feature that spams the server while providing very little in regards to actual troll prevention.  I legitimately think it is more trolly now that the system is in place than if it wasn't, because of the 'lols' in reporting and putting the control in player's hands.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2012, 06:37:41 pm »
+2
Teamwounding, and especially the revenge teamwounding vicious circle, has spinned out of control a long time ago. People hit each other all the time, and no admin can control that any more. Especially when people start revenge teamkilling.

Yes, people are supposed to only hit M when they think it was an intentional attack. People will figure that one out sooner or later. If not, we'll deal with it, because reporting people for the lulz is just as shitty as teamwounding on purpose. I prefer to have the servers free from both kind of asshats, so please take that as a warning.

About all the doomsday predictors: If you can't play one map without hitting a teammate for 5 times, you deserve to be booted for being a crappy and especially careless player. And no, it's not abusable, you simply can't make someone attack you 5 times. Feel free to prove me wrong.
(also, the kick is just temporary - when the system has settled, it will be a temporary ban)

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2012, 07:01:08 pm »
if its such a big deal, sir chadz, then why just not remove team damage? everyone will abuse this, and team hits happen more often than you think. this is the worst possible solution I can think of for TKing and TA, it needs an admin's touch to control people's rage during play. I already see bashibazouks and kapikulus, clans that hate each other, abusing it to the core. Not to mention a lot of people who just press M just cause it says "...press M..." etc.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:03:47 pm by Captain_Georges »
cRPG needs guns

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2012, 07:14:29 pm »
Georges, if team damage will be turned off, one guy will always be like the unlucky battallion in this 'battle plan'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8WwktUNM8&t=1m10s

Some poor guy will be used as a human shield for others to poke/attack through, or shoot through.

If it isn't fixed yet, that's how it is. I'm sure it can be done via WSE, but imagine the spamming, it's already bad now..

Dear god.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:18:35 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2012, 07:21:42 pm »
Georges, if team damage will be turned off, one guy will always be like the unlucky battallion in this 'battle plan'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8WwktUNM8&t=1m10s

Im not suggesting it should be done, but I don't understand why team hitting is THAT frowned upon by our oh so very sensitive player base. If it really is that hated, then why turned not turn it off and be done with it? This just some stupid half-arsed solution. Either put ff up or remove it, its simple as that. I say it stays on like it was, and bitchslap your admins or get more of them to start doing their job.
cRPG needs guns

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »
+1
What about reporting teambumps?

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2012, 07:23:21 pm »
Teamhitting is just fine imo, no need for this system. If possible though, one thing I would like to see is the removal of the stagger when hit by a friendly arrow since the archers never seem to learn.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2012, 07:37:54 pm »
+1
Keep this only for teamkills and not for teamhits.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2012, 07:40:08 pm »
can it be changed to ctrl+M, every time i get teamhit i think its leech nomination so i press M at reflex

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2012, 07:59:34 pm »
Yes, people are supposed to only hit M when they think it was an intentional attack. People will figure that one out sooner or later. If not, we'll deal with it, because reporting people for the lulz is just as shitty as teamwounding on purpose. I prefer to have the servers free from both kind of asshats, so please take that as a warning.
(also, the kick is just temporary - when the system has settled, it will be a temporary ban)

My doomsday prediction concern is instead of having admins keeping an eye on team wounds/ revenge TWs we're putting it in the player's hands to decide what was and was not an intentional hit.  We're going to see people rage at archers, poor swings, and people they don't like, effectively abusing the system.  But how exactly are admins going to be able to monitor this abuse?

Currently (I'm assuming) admins might hear that someone is intentionally wounding, and they might observe that player for awhile.  But how do you punish someone for abusing the 'M' key... an admin follows them around and see's what they are reporting, determining if the player is correctly thinking it was a reckless or intentional hit or not?  It's just too subjective to realistically expect admins to be able to stand on firm ground IMO.

Adding horse bumps/ attacks on horses and removing all 0 damage hits will remove the lulzy reports a bit and make the system a bit more effective/less abusable, but tagging on temp bans to such a subjective system is lame city.

If the system stays it stays and I'm not worried about getting punished, but I will have to deal with the annoying server message spam, and I'm sure trolls and griefers will have some fun being obnoxious with reports.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2012, 08:08:44 pm »
I'm starting to grow fond of it, as I am noticing players being more careful in how they swing. Also, during the course of 5 hours I was only reported 6 total times, and I consider myself a rather careless archer. I can't see players being kicked if they are using any appreciable amount of concern towards not hitting friendlies.

For everyone asking Admins to do their job, the problem is that we can not watch everyone at once, and some days we don't just want to sit in spectator but also join in on the fun. Even in spectator, it is impossible to watch everyone at once (especially since that requires holding down 'b' to see teams since in spectator I can't see flags). If anything, this new system (after trying it out) actually makes my job easier.

I also learned though that Ladders apparently do damage? Someone hit me with a ladder, and it gave me the option to report him  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2012, 08:18:38 pm »
+1

About all the doomsday predictors: If you can't play one map without hitting a teammate for 5 times, you deserve to be booted for being a crappy and especially careless player. And no, it's not abusable, you simply can't make someone attack you 5 times. Feel free to prove me wrong.

when u play siege, and u can spawn 30 times  , there is big chance to  collect all 5 warnnings...