Poll

Should this Teamwounding Report System be Removed?

Yes remove this
No its useful

Author Topic: New Teamwounding Report System  (Read 13891 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New Teamwounding Report System
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2012, 12:38:25 am »
I have already been kicked through this system earlier this evening, after someone reported five loving punches he received. :)

I think it is a good way to get rid of intentional team-killers when there are no admins around.

It's not because they are back next round.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:59 am »
+1
I really like how it tells me which ranged twat shot me in the back.  On the other hand, however, it is easily abused.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2012, 04:33:03 am »
+2
I really like how it tells me which ranged twat shot me in the back.  On the other hand, however, it is easily abused.
That's a plus, however in some fucked up land horseman are immune from this with horse bumps (and killing a friendly horse is also immune).
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2012, 05:02:59 am »
It was getting the crap aboozed out of this morning.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2012, 05:40:30 am »
I get random messages of people that "had team wounded me" when I have full HP, which can lead to unnecessary kicks/bans.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2012, 10:45:25 am »
I get random messages of people that "had team wounded me" when I have full HP, which can lead to unnecessary kicks/bans.

Zero damage team-hits--I get them all them time from punches.  The spam can get annoying.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2012, 12:51:20 pm »
The issue I've noticed is that no one seems to pay any heed to the fact that you are only supposed to press M is you believe the hit was intentional.  After less than a full map on siege I've already lost count of the number of times I've seen a clearly accidental hit result in a report, might not sound like much but th's happen, and especially on siege it's inevitable that accidental hits of even glances will happen fairly often.  Too many people seem to react by pressing M in a fit of sudden th rage rather than considering if it was deliberate.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2012, 01:35:48 pm »
I think its useful but how can we be sure that it wont get abused like poll bans?

Don't teamhit and it wont be abused, simple...
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2012, 02:05:31 pm »

They still hit you, but it might be a kick, fisthit or just a bounced hit

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »
Don't teamhit and it wont be abused, simple...

Accidents happen...no point raging about it and hitting M.

It's awesome:D
and about the horse thing dont listen to GK they wanna bumb without getting reported... :rolleyes:

Not at all. I would argue that horse bumping is far more likely than teamhitting. For instance when you get the horse lag, you can bump a series of 10 people in a row if it's near a group fighting. Now if every one of those people pressed M, you'd be pretty fucked, even though that lag is nothing at all to do with you. You also get completely clueless infantry who run right into the horses path, even though they are facing the horse and the cav is charging full speed in a straight line. Some people really just don't pay attention and then they moan about the bump.

I've seen intentional horse bumping occur far less than intentional team wounding. Most of the time it's purely accidental.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:38:03 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Blackpoint

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Magico
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2012, 05:01:35 pm »
Merciles_Melas team hit me then i said np.Next round I teamkilled him and he reported me and i said sorry before this teamwounding system is bullshit.Most people report and report and report and it wasnt even purpose!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »
They should implement a damage threshold, kicking and punching for the lols is a vital part of the crpg experience, also add punishment for horsebumps, those annoy me the most.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »
teamwounding horse of the rider counts ?

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2012, 05:14:05 pm »
<snip>

I've seen intentional horse bumping occur far less than intentional team wounding. Most of the time it's purely accidental.
And this is why you, and those like you, are fucking shitty cav.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2012, 05:31:24 pm »
+1
They should implement a damage threshold, kicking and punching for the lols is a vital part of the crpg experience, also add punishment for horsebumps, those annoy me the most.
Kicking and punching for the lols is one of the things that should get reported. Unless you know the person you're kicking or punching is ok with it, then you deserve every report you get. As a horse archer, both me and my horse are lightly armored and need every ounce of health we have since our primary threat is ranged, and with ranged, the slightest slither of health often helps you get one more shot before falling.

Now kicking some idiot cause he's standing on the middle of a ladder when a dozen other people are behind him waiting to get up probly shouldn't be reported, but hey, I'm not a crappy player so I can afford to suffer one report.

Accidents happen...no point raging about it and hitting M.

Not at all. I would argue that horse bumping is far more likely than teamhitting. For instance when you get the horse lag, you can bump a series of 10 people in a row if it's near a group fighting. Now if every one of those people pressed M, you'd be pretty fucked, even though that lag is nothing at all to do with you. You also get completely clueless infantry who run right into the horses path, even though they are facing the horse and the cav is charging full speed in a straight line. Some people really just don't pay attention and then they moan about the bump.

If you actually lag out and run through a crowd of people on a regular basis, then just pretend your connection lagged so hard it got you disconnected. But if you manage to team bump people while in full control on a regular basis, you should probly rethink your strategy. Aren't you a horse archer anyways? I rarely teambump as a horse archer. Almost only happens when I'm in 1st person taking a shot and not paying attention to where I'm going. Definitely doesn't add up to enough to reach 5 reports in a map.